Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    We have 5 traits non-dps related, and nearly to useless on pve (dispersion, shadow mend... lol). Lets take a look to some classes:

Mages: arcane - 3, fire - 2, frost - 2

Locks: affliction - 3, demon - 2, destro - 3

Balance Druid: 4

Unholy DK: 3

Etc, we can do it with all the dps specs. Shadow is the worst one, and still with a non-existent spell.
    So you evaluate the power of the shadow artifact purely by the quantity of traits instead of their quality? Good call.

Shield cd is lower the more hast you have.

- - - Updated - - -

List of dungeons I will never do in Legion as a Shadowpriest : The Arcway and Neltharion's Lair.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Shield cd is lower the more hast you have.

- - - Updated - - -

List of dungeons I will never do in Legion as a Shadowpriest : The Arcway and Neltharion's Lair.
    AoE-fest? Or another reason?

Aoe fest yeah (the trash mostly... but it's really annoying.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also the SoI nerf is quite hard... I wish they'd buff the 5% to something higher :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    So we cannot get some items in game, because bliz gives the excuse that players worked for them in their limited time.

And now they are shoving it in our faces by just adding back the CM set?

I know they don't care about making good looking items ever since transmog became a thing, but this is just low and lazy

What ?

First of : they're not the CM sets, they're recolored and modified versions. Chances are they won't have the special effects.

Second, you get them via your Order Hall. How ? it's not set in stone yet.

Third : they'll prolly do the same thing for the MoP CM sets they will do with the WoD CM weapons : letting you buy a token to unlock all the skins account wide if you have cleared it with one char.

Also, I dunno how you can complain about that.

People begged for a way to get those set back, they gave you an alternative option, people cry.
    People begged for the stormwind park to be back, they finally said they're bringing it back, people cry.

I know blizzard has fucked up in the past but this is getting ridiculous.

Homophobia is so gay.

People begged for the stormwind park to be back, they finally said they're bringing it back, people cry.
    I think they cried, but for other reasons

Sig made by @winter blossoms

Nerity made a new post today after the "fix" of SoI, and lets just say that on a 475k pull, SoI Went from 6.36m damage done to 1.39m damage done...

Quoting him: "We've somehow become worse at AoE damage. I didn't even think that was possible."

Deleted

Aoe fest yeah (the trash mostly... but it's really annoying.)
    Do you feel this will extend to he new Mythic+(CM) modes as well?
    In that case lack of AoE burst would make shadows unwanted for Mythic+ *again*.

Is there any blue comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Do you feel this will extend to he new Mythic+(CM) modes as well?
    In that case lack of AoE burst would make shadows unwanted for Mythic+ *again*.

Is there any blue comment on that?
    Well Mythic+ dungeons are different from current CM. You have 45 min to finish them to unlock the next tier. Also there are affixes so you won't always want to aoe mindlessly because it could cause a wipe etc.

But yeah, I guess for mythic + the legendary ring will be pretty much mandatory (unless you have like a palatank/DH/Enh/Disc/Shadow comp where aoe won't really be an issue i think).

- - - Updated - - -

Also NOT all trash are aoe fest. It's mostly at the beginning.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Well Mythic+ dungeons are different from current CM. You have 45 min to finish them to unlock the next tier. Also there are affixes so you won't always want to aoe mindlessly because it could cause a wipe etc.
    So far I've only seen two affixes that might discourage aoe'ing:
    Raging, i.e. enrage at low HP - this only applies if you cannot stun or kite them though.
    Skittish, i.e. less threat generation - applies if the tanks aoe threat generation is weaker than peoples aoe capabilities (including threat resets)

But yeah, I guess for mythic + the legendary ring will be pretty much mandatory (unless you have like a palatank/DH/Enh/Disc/Shadow comp where aoe won't really be an issue i think).

Also NOT all trash are aoe fest. It's mostly at the beginning.
    The question is of course will they turn into aoe fests eventually at least for significant portions.
    And if so why would you bring a shadow who needs a clutch to be somewhat competitive for 50%+ of the affixes when you can bring any other DPS that excel at 100% of the content.
    Currently I fail to see what shadows would bring to the table unless there are tons of council fights - after all anyone can do single target just fine.

Well, I totally get your point. I also think our aoe is garbage and should be buffed.

What I was trying to say is : we're not completly unviable, we'll still be able to do those Mythic + imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Tho I wonder how much trash tank will be able to pull at the same time because for each tier, they get more hp and damage (then you add in the affixes...) so it could become overwhelming to pull a lot at once.

Homophobia is so gay.

Also the SoI nerf is quite hard... I wish they'd buff the 5% to something higher :/
    You're not allowed to do as much damage as pures do, you filthy support class!

But if serious, I think that SoI should be buffed back to 20% it was originally. Do I think it would be buffed? Its Blizzard we're talking about, so surely no

Still no changes to artifact traits...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The nerf to 5% sounded like it was a twitch reaction until the real reason for the high SoI numbers was realized. With the fix, it will likely go up somewhat. Rather that is 10% or 20% is yet to be seen. That said: the pre-fix numbers were not unreasonable due to how the AoE worked, so that would be a good upper limit target.

Deleted
    Those who can post on feedback forums need to keep posting about SoI from time to time as we get into the tuning stages, Isentropy had commented about it a few times before but it needs to keep being brought up if we don't want to see a 7.1 or something fix.

They nerfed the damage % from 25% to 5% which was understandable at the time because it was all damage done, but now that it has been cleared up to be only direct damage the damage contribution % has to be readjusted, once number tuning is in full effect it should get changed so remember to mention it now and again in the feedback. (along with psychic horror trait)

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    "This is alpha", "This is beta", "Lets have hope", "Stop complaining, this is beta, blizz will do it good", "Things can change", "Blizz will fix the shadow before the release"... Im really tired of hearing this in every beta since the WotLK one. Always the same tale.
    It being Alpha or Beta is exactly why you're supposed to complain. This is when they're working out the issues and bugs.

Deleted
    Item - Priest WoD PvP Shadow 4P Bonus Shadow Orbs spent on Psychic Horror are refunded at a rate of 1 Shadow Orb per 3 sec. When you use Silence, you gain 300 Insanity.

I am sure it's a typo and it is actually 30 insanity but still pretty nice for pre patch since it seems to just be when used and not just when you interrupt.

I know pvp gear overall is no longer a thing with the stat templates but i forget if set bonuses in pvp are gone completely if not possibly an insight to our legion pvp set.

300 Insanity eh? Well that's a wee bit off. I do hope they keep the use silence rather than interrupt.

Deleted
    Puts the final nail in the coffin of hoping PH was coming back though i think

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Puts the final nail in the coffin of hoping PH was coming back though i think

Shadow in alpha is hideously tanky, easily the most survivable hybrid so I doubt they need the psychic horror. You heal a ton when you Disperse, you've got PW:S, and your vampiric touch on top of shadow mend easily keep you topped off even while trained by melee as broken as demonhunters and rogues.

On top of that, you got massive burst and your cleave pressure is actually strong in arenas.

Battlegrounds may be a different matter, but arenas at the moment have shadow as a top tier caster in legion.