Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I need to move to North Carolina, apparently cops have nothing better to do than police who goes in and out of bathrooms. It must be the safest state in America.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We shouldn't force men to have beards. It should be a choice.
    Same with skirts. It should be a choice.

What do you mean legally change their gender? How does that work exactly?
    You blame the woman for not dressing like a woman, but then say her clothing choice should be up to her. It was and she dressed how she wanted, so not sure why you're blaming her clothing choice.

As for the legal change, not sure how many other states have a program or system, but you don't even need a court order in California anymore.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/genderchange.htm

Important! You do not need a court ordered gender change to change your California driver's license, social security card, or U.S. passport. You also no longer need a court order to have a new birth certificate issued reflecting a change of gender (for California birth records). You may want to get a court ordered gender change to amend your birth certificate if you were born outside of California. You DO need a court order for a change of name.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-04-28 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Nice slippery slope. And sure thing, women in a bathroom throwing a fit about a man in there not doing anything suspicious, let alone a woman like the one in the vid, or trans people that look much more manly than her but are forced to go to the women's bathroom are totes going to articulate what makes them uncomfortable other than "eek, a penis" that has no logic behind it.
    This issue is already a slippery slope lol. But just because you do not agree with the person's request for privacy, does not mean that it should be dishonored. That is a very chauvinistic way to look at things, do you disagree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    You blame the woman for not dressing like a woman, but then say her clothing choice should be up to her. It was and she dressed how she wanted, so not sure why you're blaming her clothing choice.

As for the legal change, not sure how many other states have a program of system, but you don't even need a court order in California anymore.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/genderchange.htm
    You can look feminine without wearing a skirt. It's an issue when women try to impersonate men. Even worse when they do so and try to use a women's restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    So if you're not manly enough, is it okay if guys mistake you for a girl, and cut your pay by 25%?
    Yes. lol

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Even funnier when their idea of protecting us from men, and keeping men away from us is flooding the female bathrooms with men. Just uh...Great...
    "Pass a law first, then think it through."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I'm really curious how this hasn't turned into a white knight thing in NC. Women generally don't give a shit, but men keep saying they need to protect us from the evil men. Can dudes stop being dicks to each other and let everyone pee already.
    The concept of "forceful protection" has always amused me.

Well most people don't unless you want to dispute that. There is an expectation that people dress decently.
    I think most people should mind their own business more, unless something directly harms them or someone else. My opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    My train of thought here is that the cop is going to be criticized either way, if he does nothing, some will be upset, but if he tries to alleviate the situation, some will still be upset.
    This is something I actually agree with. Police in the US has a status of one of the main scapegoats. Police officers are always guilty, no matter what they do, and even when they do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I guess I could go with less loaded examples. Take the sound advise of not taking candy from strangers at school (even though I've never seen this ubiquitous man putting drugs in your candy in an elaborate scheme to have children addicted to coke).

I'm not the one to give credit to these fears, so you may need to ask them what agitates them exactly. In any case, I think we can easily sympathize to some extent if we've been in some unwelcomed situation in a restroom. At the end of the day, the core fear is not that trans (or otherwise non-conforming) folks may be pervs, but that easing on the mores could potentially facilitate predators an easier access to their victims: it's relaxing our collective awareness of who looks a bit strange.
    I'm not sure that such acceptance of the strange could make predators more dangerous (I doubt it), but the fear -no mater how irrational- is just as genuine, which is what I was getting at.
    I just personally think that a law should not be based on these fears. The law should address real situations. Just because something may happen, we shouldn't introduce countless restrictions to prevent that - especially since the act itself is already covered by the law. Of course, there is a certain balance; no restrictions at all means easier for criminals to act. But this new bathroom law... It is not only excessive, it is also illogical - for many reasons people have covered in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    "Pass a law first, then think it through."
    Honestly, I really doubt they've done any thinking after passing it either
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can look feminine without wearing a skirt. It's an issue when women try to impersonate men. Even worse when they do so and try to use a women's restroom.
    So she got dressed, how she does normally, more than likely (not saying it was meant to get a rise from police and even if she doesn't dress this way some do) and because she didn't put on makeup, she's supposed to urinate in the street? Or does she get to use the men's room?

So in that case is the flip side true, if a man dresses like a woman, but has no ID he has to use the woman's room?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-04-28 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutris View Post
    Well i mean the big thing everyone seems to be ignoring is that these new laws about bathrooms are forcing people into the wrong bathroom. Trans men and women are being told they must go into the wrong bathroom because of "chromosomes or whatever" regardless of presentation. You might pass 100%-- but the law says if you use the right bathroom, you're breaking the law.

This poor woman was caught up in this utterly ridiculous bullshit for being "too manly", which is a bullshit measurement in itself. Being "biologically female" pretty much only requires you to possess a vagina. You can't eyeball this shit, even with cisgender people.

Which means incidents like these are only going to increase. Which is only going to cause the mass hysteria that put the laws into place to get worse.
    There was no proof that the person "possessed a vagina". Acted like a man, spoke like a man and looked like a man - No ID to identify the individual as a female - then the police has to assume it was a man. Otherwise anyone can go anywhere they please, simply gotta say "I'm [WhateverGender]. No really, just a really ugly [WhateverGender].".

And that's not how law works. In case of doubt, take the path of least confrontation, in this case, removing an individual out of a restroom instead of risking the entire restroom from being uncomfortable.

-
    I won't touch the current drama and said laws though. It's a big mess and, more often than not, it's the tumblerinas people that have issues with how it's handled and want to change things, while the majority of the transpeople were completely alright with how it was dealt with up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    So if you're not manly enough, is it okay if guys mistake you for a girl, and cut your pay by 25%?
    That hyperbole paired with a debunked myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you don't want to look feminine?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I just personally think that a law should not be based on these fears. The law should address real situations.
    It is not only excessive, it is also illogical
    Oh, of course. Legislating stupid away never works.
    Was just exploring why these things have public support.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You're still acting under the impression that if you call and make a complaint the person that you complained about has to be arrested.

That's not the case. At all. Saying "i felt harassed because a man was in the bathroom" when said man was, in fact, a woman, does not give the police the right to impose draconic measures on the other person.

The person was asked to leave ... in what world does that equal arrested?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, she's apparently a lesbian, so what's to stop her from being a pervert? Maybe we should assign people to bathrooms based on what gender they're attracted to.
    It's not a man's bathroom. "She" looks like a man, talks like a man and clearly wants to snap at cops instead of talking out of the situation. So much drama could be avoided but it's better to film for social networks to see how cops are bad. Let's hope you never really need them.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What if you don't want to look feminine?
    Why wouldn't a woman want to look feminine? Isn't that in their nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The law clearly states transmen having to use womens bathroom, and vice versa. How do you know one is transman and not regular guy without strip search? You don't.

Use your brain to realize what the current law passed there means. You clearly haven't yet grasped it.
    There is no such law in Europe. And Trans have it on their ID. If they don't, who's fault is that? The cops?
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    That is so sexist of you to say!
    Damn bigots these days.

This is why we need feminism

Seriously... no lol. Not the traditional ideal of feminine at least. Being feminine is not just about wearing dresses and tight clothes. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    This is why we need feminism

Seriously... no lol. Not the traditional ideal of feminine at least. Being feminine is not just about wearing dresses and tight clothes. >.>
    Society is better off when women are women and men are men. This is how it's been since the first men and women stepped on the earth.