Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I think they're stating that both partners should be equal. But what these feminists want is not an equal relationship. What they want is a slave, ATM and punching bag, all in one package.
    What you are describing is a domina. Mmm... Hawt!

Seriously though, don't think I've ever seen such a woman in my life. If the fear of ending up married with such a woman is what keeps you from getting into a relationship, then perhaps you really shouldn't get in one.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-04-28 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. >.>

/10 char
    I think it translates into: "it's all from anti-feminist circlejerks on the internet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think it translates into: "it's all from anti-feminist circlejerks on the internet"
    Yep, that is how I interpreted things.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yep, that is how I interpreted things.
    Eh, take it how you will, I won't stop you. *shrugs*

It's more my exposure to groups of now former friends who were very much like the hypothetical feminists I described. Maybe I've just had bad luck? I can assure you, equality is exactly what I'm wanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Eh, take it how you will, I won't stop you. *shrugs*

It's more my exposure to groups of now former friends who were very much like the hypothetical feminists I described. Maybe I've just had bad luck? I can assure you, equality is exactly what I'm wanting.
    I don't know, I've been to many countries and talked to many people in real life... Never, not once, have I met anyone even remotely resembling these horrifying images people on these forums draw. Granted, my socialization circle in real life mainly consists of college/university/research folks, which is hardly representative. But still, you would think that if these people are as common as people on these forums claim, I would still see, at least, some of them. Nope, not a glimpse. Even in the Internet they seem to only form a negligible minority.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What you are describing is a domina. Mmm... Hawt!

Seriously though, don't think I've ever seen such a woman in my life. If the fear of ending up married with such a woman is what keeps you from getting into a relationship, then perhaps you really shouldn't get in one.
    You've never seen men that seem emasculated in their relationships? I urge you to get out more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You've never seen men that seem emasculated in their relationships? I urge you to get out more.
    Depends on what you mean by "emasculated".

Depends on what you mean by "emasculated".
    In this context, I'm referring to people that feel the need to ask their partner whether they're "allowed" to do things like go to poker nights or that have to ask their SO whether they're "allowed" to buy some trivial thing. More loosely, I'd describe this emasculation as a loss of ability to make independent decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this context, I'm referring to people that feel the need to ask their partner whether they're "allowed" to do things like go to poker nights or that have to ask their SO whether they're "allowed" to buy some trivial thing. More loosely, I'd describe this emasculation as a loss of ability to make independent decisions.
    This isn't something an adult can be forced to do by anyone, it is a part of their personality. Personally, you bet, if my partner decides to try to control my life somehow, it will be the last thing they manage to try before the relationship is over. But then, there are men and women that are fine with their partner controlling them like that. I just fail to see what feminists have to do with it.

These are pretty tightly interwoven. I'd probably be inclined to agree that third-wave feminism is a consequence of cultural shift rather than a driver, but there seems to be a feedback loop there.
    Early feminism was one of the driving forces of the early 20th century cultural revolution yes. But that is almost a century removed from the modern context.

Blaming feminism for Tinder is pretty fucking hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should urge these guys to get out more?

What kind of guys are you hanging around with?

Anyway, the "shrew wife/uxorious husband" trope is a lot older than feminism. In fact it's probably older than written history...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Early feminism was one of the driving forces of the early 20th century cultural revolution yes. But that is almost a century removed from the modern context.

Blaming feminism for Tinder is pretty fucking hilarious.
    As mentioned, I don't think Tinder is caused by modern feminism, but I think they have the same degenerate roots. Creating a larger group of promiscuous women has some cultural consequences.
    Maybe you should urge these guys to get out more?

What kind of guys are you hanging around with?
    Old friends. The whole point is that urging them to get out more doesn't work because they've become pathetic shells of their former selves. I moved on and made new friends, but that's not really evidence that emasculated men don't exist.
    Anyway, the "shrew wife/uxorious husband" trope is a lot older than feminism. In fact it's probably older than written history...
    This was a separate line of conversation than the problems with feminism; I was replying to this:
    This seems... obviously false? There certainly are controlling women with emasculated men.

Deleted
    As mentioned, I don't think Tinder is caused by modern feminism, but I think they have the same degenerate roots. Creating a larger group of promiscuous women has some cultural consequences.
    What's wrong with tinder? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    What's wrong with tinder? O_o
    I don't care about Tinder specifically. I assumed that Mormolyce was using it as a stand-in for a sub-culture of behavior and tendencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems... obviously false? There certainly are controlling women with emasculated men.
    I've never seen a woman controlling a man to THAT extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I've been to many countries and talked to many people in real life... Never, not once, have I met anyone even remotely resembling these horrifying images people on these forums draw. Granted, my socialization circle in real life mainly consists of college/university/research folks, which is hardly representative. But still, you would think that if these people are as common as people on these forums claim, I would still see, at least, some of them. Nope, not a glimpse. Even in the Internet they seem to only form a negligible minority.
    I have....my sister

Deleted
    I don't care about Tinder specifically. I assumed that Mormolyce was using it as a stand-in for a sub-culture of behavior and tendencies.
    Yeah, but you said creating a larger group of promiscous women has consequences. As if it's bad that someone is promiscous.

Yeah, but you said creating a larger group of promiscous women has consequences. As if it's bad that someone is promiscous.
    Yeah, it pretty much is. I realize it's [the current year] and we can't judge, but there are pretty good historical reasons for discouraging promiscuity. Aside from historical reasons, it's also good interpersonal advice - most men don't want promiscuous women as long term partners.

Deleted
    Yeah, it pretty much is. I realize it's [the current year] and we can't judge, but there are pretty good historical reasons for discouraging promiscuity. Aside from historical reasons, it's also good interpersonal advice - most men don't want promiscuous women as long term partners.
    What good reasons are there?

What good reasons are there?
    See if you can figure it out. Treat it as a thought exercise.

Deleted
    See if you can figure it out. Treat it as a thought exercise.
    No, there's no good reasons for it.