Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DH Order Hall campaign?

This may be the wrong place to ask for it, but with the new build that was deployed a few days ago the DH order hall campaign was added for testing. So...

Anyone got some sweet vids of it?

Deleted
    il hope its as cool story wise as the DK ones......

Deleted
    hopefuly they get their own nathrezim, just like paladins do

Pretty sure we will end up finding Illidan, but that is just speculation on my part. Waiting for the missions right now as well as recruiting your first champions are bugged for me

It's bugged out for some of us atm.

I haven't finished it, but one of the steps did have Illidan. He turns over control of the Illidari to you then runs off like someone is chasing him. It was a hologram message thing, not in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I haven't finished it, but one of the steps did have Illidan. He turns over control of the Illidari to you then runs off like someone is chasing him. It was a hologram message thing, not in person.
    Interesting, last we see of Illidan he's still trapped in his crystal prison. Does he get broken out during surumar?

Quote Originally Posted by Felancelan View Post
    Interesting, last we see of Illidan he's still trapped in his crystal prison. Does he get broken out during surumar?
    It's his demonic soul talking to you, the part Gul'dan severed from his body.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Ahh ok, thanks for reply.

Waiting for the RNG of the Preperation Follower quests.

Are we dependant on completing those to progress? If so thats gonna saaaawk.

Deleted
    I hope Demon Hunters are going to try to recapture Black Temple for themselves.

Yeah, there was some datamined stuff about returning to The Black Temple and confronting Akama.
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-04-28 at 09:47 PM.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I hope Demon Hunters are going to try to recapture Black Temple for themselves.
    I'm stuck at doing X amount of missions before moving onwards, but some of the first quests you do is to open up a portal to Black Temple and approach Akama atop the Black Temple. I'm not sure what happens past this though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    Waiting for the RNG of the Preperation Follower quests.

Are we dependant on completing those to progress? If so thats gonna saaaawk.
    I believe the third relic slot in your artifact weapons is gated behind this progression, I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Yeah, there was some datamined stuff about returning to The Black Temple and confronting Akama.
    God i hope we get to kill him. I know why he betrayed Illidan, but after reading the Illidan novel i want nothing more than to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I'm stuck at doing X amount of missions before moving onwards
    Don't get too excited, finished the 5th mission today only to find out the next part of the quest isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    God i hope we get to kill him. I know why he betrayed Illidan, but after reading the Illidan novel i want nothing more than to kill him.
    So much this. He was double crossing and short sighted as hell, with no ambition. He literally was one who prevented him from achieving his goal of eliminating KJ and taking Argus.

Here are a few notes from the class campaign to answer some questions. This is recalled from memory so some details or the order might be off:

At the beginning you are rescuiing Loramus Thalipedes, a former Illidari using a class hall mission. He has been possessed by a demon, killed himself to defeat the demon but they continued to fight with the demon in the twisting nether until a new body was found. Now Loramus has a dreadlord body but seems to be mostly in control (you'll hear occasional shouting in the class hall in demonic). He will serve as class hall upgrade researcher (class hall upgrades will improve your troops and provide a few other bonuses).

You are then ordered to collect 100 demon blood so that you can contact Illidan in the Twisting Nether. Every demon only drops one blood independently of size so this is a bit annoying (imp packs in sw azsuna were kind of fast). After you've collected the blood you can shortly talk to Illidan who tells you to get his plans regarding the burning legion from Akama (but is still pretty pissed at him) and to get a Sargerei Keystone from the wardens. Before be disappears he makes you the official leader of the Illidari and tells you that you won't be able to talk to him again this way (it looks like he was found in the TN due to the communication and has to flee/fight).

For the next step you will face Akama and try to convince him to help you. Before that is possible you'll need a way to teleport to the Black Temple though (Akama built a holy barrier). Matron Mother Malevolence says she can teleport you with the help of an item from an archmage who she previously had an affair with (thankfully no details are mentioned). After some running around you'll be ported to the Black Template where Akama awaits at the top. He is not really in the mood to cooperate in any way and attacks you. After you defeat him (1 HP) he stays stubbern however and one of the Illidari accompanying you casts a spell on him which splits the Shade of Akama from him, who is just too happy to help. You'll leave with the Shade of Akama (who becomes a follower) but dont kill Akama.
    This was with Kayn as selected Champion (during the starting experience). I could imagine that Akama might be more accomodating if you chose Altruis but this is just a guess.

Now you'll have to get the wardens to like you. For this you need to run 5 class hall missions for them, they seem to spawn one per day so it'll take at least 5 days. I assume this is to slow the campaign down a bit.

I haven't finished the 5 missions yet so I can't tell you how it continues yet but according to Dopefreshx the chain appears to bug out then anyway.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulz View Post
    Here are a few notes from the class campaign to answer some questions. This is recalled from memory so some details or the order might be off:

At the beginning you are rescuiing Loramus Thalipedes, a former Illidari using a class hall mission. He has been possessed by a demon, killed himself to defeat the demon but they continued to fight with the demon in the twisting nether until a new body was found. Now Loramus has a dreadlord body but seems to be mostly in control (you'll hear occasional shouting in the class hall in demonic). He will serve as class hall upgrade researcher (class hall upgrades will improve your troops and provide a few other bonuses).

You are then ordered to collect 100 demon blood so that you can contact Illidan in the Twisting Nether. Every demon only drops one blood independently of size so this is a bit annoying (imp packs in sw azsuna were kind of fast). After you've collected the blood you can shortly talk to Illidan who tells you to get his plans regarding the burning legion from Akama (but is still pretty pissed at him) and to get a Sargerei Keystone from the wardens. Before be disappears he makes you the official leader of the Illidari and tells you that you won't be able to talk to him again this way (it looks like he was found in the TN due to the communication and has to flee/fight).

For the next step you will face Akama and try to convince him to help you. Before that is possible you'll need a way to teleport to the Black Temple though (Akama built a holy barrier). Matron Mother Malevolence says she can teleport you with the help of an item from an archmage who she previously had an affair with (thankfully no details are mentioned). After some running around you'll be ported to the Black Template where Akama awaits at the top. He is not really in the mood to cooperate in any way and attacks you. After you defeat him (1 HP) he stays stubbern however and one of the Illidari accompanying you casts a spell on him which splits the Shade of Akama from him, who is just too happy to help. You'll leave with the Shade of Akama (who becomes a follower) but dont kill Akama.
    This was with Kayn as selected Champion (during the starting experience). I could imagine that Akama might be more accomodating if you chose Altruis but this is just a guess.

Now you'll have to get the wardens to like you. For this you need to run 5 class hall missions for them, they seem to spawn one per day so it'll take at least 5 days. I assume this is to slow the campaign down a bit.

I haven't finished the 5 missions yet so I can't tell you how it continues yet but according to Dopefreshx the chain appears to bug out then anyway.
    This sounds really cool but I think a lot of people are going to be mad about the mission padding thing but I don't mind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulz View Post

Request:
    I would very much like to know what happens here if you do pick Altrius instead of Kayn, I'd like to know what differences it makes at all for the Illidari

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbro View Post
    Request:
    I would very much like to know what happens here if you do pick Altrius instead of Kayn, I'd like to know what differences it makes at all for the Illidari
    I'm not sure how much it affects the campaign overall, but from what I've seen, you get to recruit Akama if you've picked Altrius, but if you've picked Kayn, you kill him and instead recruit Shade of Akama, aka his ghost.