Thread: My perfect Wow

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    My perfect WoW? Remove high end raiding and with it the elitist jerks who block, or try to block, every fun addition to the game (like LFR and legendary drops) because they feel it is mandatory for progression. Those people are always bad and far behind, so it wouldn't help them anyway. True progression is finished before any 'mandatory' thing can even be completed.
    Just wanted to clarity that it's not high end raiders that mostly spew that bullcrap. Real raiders don't mind LFR or any other things for non raiding players. It's the wannabe raiders that don't feel like special snowflakes anymore because someone can see the same boss model as they.

My ideal WoW:

Skills and classes would work somewhere closer to OG WoW and Path of Exile: What we have now isn't bad. But if you play Fire Mage, then your play style is exactly the same as every other Fire Mage. Even Tier bonuses don't change play much, I think it actually just makes life easier. I mention PoE because there are so many end game builds for characters because of the way the skill system works. Skills are socketed, mods change those skills abilities (boost, etc...), you can have multiple of the same skill with different mods for different effects. I know it would require some kind of work in to the WoW system, but I'd like to see some change to how skills work now. I'm hoping artifact tree does help with this. But we will see.

Old WoW questing: Old WoW nailed questing for me. Class specific, race specific, random side quests that aren't linked to anything. It encouraged world exploration. Yes killing 10 deer was boring, but finding random quests that turned into massive 10 quest chains across continents was awesome. Everything is so linked now to progression, once you out level a zone there doesn't feel a need to stay there anymore.

Randomly Generated Dungeons: I'm not saying get rid of normal dungeons, but make an end game mode where random bosses and mobs show up in these dungeons. I don't know if this is the Challenge mode they are talking about in Legion. It would be fun to face Mr. Smite in the Occulus. Ridiculous things like that to throw a curve into the dungeon.

Items quality reduction: There was nothing wrong with Wrath where dungeons dropped blues and raids dropped purples. I was never sore at the end of Wrath where I just ran dungeons, about not getting purples or tier gear. Now everything is seemingly purple and item levels are out of control. I know at its heart it's still the same concept, but the color system was fine, now it's just confusing.

Something needs to be done to make your main characters unique. Now everyone has all classes max level because its so easy.

No lfr, as normal is easy enough nowadays.
    Dark archangel back for shadow priests.
    Rep tabards.
    Queue-able mythic dungeons AFTER completing each at least once before (so basically just QoL, you need to prove you are capable of doing this content. could also be limited to guild and/or friendlist groups).
    No CRZ.
    This one goes to the OP: kind of instanced PVE. Limit players to 50 in each area of a map (for example goldshire) to prevent extreme lags. There may be more players in that location, but they're in another 'instance' of the location. I don't want to play alone, but too much competition for quest mobs is a bad thing, even if their respawn timer is like 5 secs. I remember pre-casting halo for tagging the frogs on timeless isle.
    Cross realm mythic raiding 3 months into each tier (for recruiting purposes).
    Instead of legendaries as world drop, they should be mythic only. People should have sth to aspire for again. May be gated behind quest lines, but each class/spec should have its own. And as stated above, you can only complete it on mythic.
    The wotlk badge model (being able to buy previous tier items for Valor as a catchup mechanic)
    World bosses dropping tier items again. Rngesus can be a bitch sometimes, so that extra chance for getting that next set bonus is cool.
    Every raid coming with 2-4 new dungeons, which complement the raids story and work as a catch up.
    Gaining Valor for raiding again (REAL raiding) and being able to cap Valor by clearing the raid.
    Pvp glad mounts as recolors for guilds clearing mythic (like the purple Phoenix) in every tier.

Now a specific legion wish:
    Optimal pre-raid character progression :
    Normal dungeons >> lfr
    Heroic dungeons/lfr >> normal raiding
    Mythic/mythic+ dungeons/normal raiding >> heroic raiding
    'mid tier' mythic+ dungeons/heroic raiding >> mythic raiding
    High end mythic+ dungeons <= mythic raiding
    High end mythic+ should be a little less in ilvl, as it is easier to coordinate 5 man compared to 20 or more. I'd be okay with them having set bonuses, which are slightly weaker than tier but just slightly, high end mythic+ will without a doubt be hard as fck.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    What if I want to play Wow, not Skyrim.
    If there are that many things you dislike about a game, then why play it? I'm not saying "shut up or quit", I'm just don't understand. Is it the story? Would you pay a subscription for this stuff? Wouldn't you rather Blizzard just make a regular rpg like Skyrim, but set in the warcraft universe?

It just sounds like many people just want to play a different game with the same name. I had a friend explain why he disliked Mineraft and his ideas for it to be better would change 90% of the game.
    Last edited by Levyan; 2016-04-28 at 08:33 PM.

The perfect Wow owuld be as a platform game *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Levyan View Post
    If there are that many things you dislike about a game, then why play it? I'm not saying "shut up or quit", I'm just don't understand. Is it the story? Would you pay a subscription for this stuff? Wouldn't you rather Blizzard just make a regular rpg like Skyrim, but set in the warcraft universe?

It just sounds like many people just want to play a different game with the same name. I had a friend explain why he disliked Mineraft and his ideas for it to be better would change 90% of the game.
    Yeah. I just want Diablo-like version of Wow.

I like game itself - i.e. universe, story, gameplay, etc. But I don't need MMO. Online progress (i.e. not offline game, like Skyrim) and optional multiplayer (5ppls, LFR, doing outdoor stuff with friends) would be enough for me. And, I guess, 90% of Wow players want the same. They want to play Wow, but they don't want to play MMO. And this is the major problem. We have Warcraft RTS. We have Wow MMO. But we don't have single player game in Warcraft universe. And we actually don't need separate game. Just make Wow more solo-friendly and shut this MMOers up, so they won't cry, that non-social players are playing MMO. That's it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    The problem is one persons perfect wow is another ones hell.

I want cata style dungeons where u had to cc, and do mechanics or die. And a pvp first wow instead of pve first. Not everything need to accessible to everyone, there needs to be that sense of epic, man look at that dude he has X and Y! Or man I finally got that sweet or op item!

Flying imo does more damage than good, there needs to be player interaction, there needs to be I need X players to do this quest to get this sweet loot. There needs to be ok, a horde/alli may come and gank me, oh look a guild war started from banking newbies.
    And how would Blizz know what we want (when some players saying Blizz dont listen to feedback)?

All the things you mentioned - I would want the opposite. Like removing pvp from wow.

My perfect WoW is what we got in MoP. If they can achieve half of that in terms of quality and quantity in Legion, I'll be all set.
    No, my enjoyment in the game does not hinge on prohibiting others from having choices. YOU didn't make the game when it was at its best, that's for sure. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

Avoid overly complicated raid bosses, i.e, less is more
    Basically, bring back the style of Classic/BC.
    Thank the Light they don't share this sentiment at Blizzard, since it'd mean a halt to my raiding in this game. A content drought is bad enough as it is without also having bosses with fewer and less complex abilities than a dungeon boss of today...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-28 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ooooooh....only that is not how anyone creates multi million dollar games...
    It obvious: only 10% of players raid, nobody likes MMOish outdoor content - world is dead. What else 90% of players do? They play single player game: they do Garrison, Pockemon, collect transmog sets, do some achievements.

"MMO" has always been used as PR and advertisement mean. Solo players have always been eating crumbs from raiders' table. At least they thought so. Everybody was thinking, that there are some epic raids happening somewhere. And it was romanticism. But all of a sudden Cataclysm shown, that majority of players doesn't raid. And if your game has raids only - it will fail. Now Blizzard are trying to make MMOish world content. Guess what? Fail again. So may be we should stop this circus? Do, what you should do. Make MMO features optional. MMO market is dying. And if Blizzard don't want to die with it - they should adapt.

And first thing Blizzard should do - shut MMOers up. Let 'em know, that they're not important in this game. Solo players - are those, who pay for their precious MMO stuff. And if MMOers will continue to drive solo players away from Wow - Wow itself will be driven away.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-04-28 at 09:40 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It obvious: only 10% of players raid, nobody likes MMOish outdoor content - world is dead. What else 90% of players do? They play single player game: they do Garrison, Pockemon, collect transmog sets, do some achievements.
    Part of the problem is the formal invitation process for groups. WoW stills has the stigma of joining any PUGS requires going through pre-screening process. What is you xxx? Do have the achivement? Do you have yyy add ons? Have you seen the boss fight on you tube.

I am guessing all but the dedicated few are willing to go through this. Most just sit back and play. Not going through some interview process. This is a game. Why must I answer these questions to do so?

LFR and LFD does some way to rectify this but look at the backlash from some of the players that some how these tools damage the game for them.

I quite like GW2 system and I believe the designer felt the same way. Some group events that happens some in the world. Some announcement is made and people can just go and join in without any formal invitation into some group.

Another feature I have seen in GW2, some small group, or even one player, announce they are doing something group content in the zone. The leader puts a marker on so it can seen on the map. Anyone who is interested just converge and follow the group. The group expands and collapse as people join and leave when they want. Sometime there are two or three such groups marching across the zones. Yes there are little to no social interactions but that does mean people do no socialized. They maybe chatting in their own private or guild chat. People do not need to talk to everyone in the group every time.

And first thing Blizzard should do - shut MMOers up. Let 'em know, that they're not important in this game. Solo players - are those, who pay for their precious MMO stuff. And if MMOers will continue to drive solo players away from Wow - Wow itself will be driven away.
    the one thing blizz should do, is encourage teamplay by more than lfg and removing lfr, as lfr has created this anti-social attitude in the game. imo, most outdoor world content should be group based. coordination, conversation and stuff. it was fun doing CMs before highmaul opened, as players had to talk with each other in order to be successful. fun times!

and if you don't like playing an MMO, then don't! or open your own private server for yourself. then you can play wow as single player.

My perfect wow is where elemental shamans are on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to this thread perfection is unattainable. Too many assholes.

*self included*

10+ Year Old Account
    My perfect WoW consist of:
    • Nice and honest people.

And unfortunately, not even TBC (which was the expansion I and a plenum of you MMO-Champers started in, maybe Wrath/Cata for some you) had such nice people.
    In comparison, the World of Warcraft I see today is much less toxic than what it used to be when all these new mechanics entered, mainly the instanced dungeon queue (auto opt-in), LFR and implantation of Arena in TBC.

I like the look of Legion, though, makes me really want to aim for my Lock, which I've had for ages.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-04-28 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Editing history is a part of a winner's compendium.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    the one thing blizz should do, is encourage teamplay by more than lfg and removing lfr, as lfr has created this anti-social attitude in the game. imo, most outdoor world content should be group based. coordination, conversation and stuff. it was fun doing CMs before highmaul opened, as players had to talk with each other in order to be successful. fun times!

and if you don't like playing an MMO, then don't! or open your own private server for yourself. then you can play wow as single player.
    As I said in another thread - stop using hyperbole. Blizzard don't like hyperboles. Not wanting to be in a crowd of people - isn't being anti-social. Anti - means being against others. Ninja-looters, LFR group wipers, low-level killers - are anti-social.

And even more. Social players - are just about 10% of player base. So not being social - isn't something bad. Non-social players - are actually normal players. So, there are normal players (majority), social and anti-social players. Stigmatizing non-social players as bad ones - is the same, as stigmatizing PVE players for not being PVP-oriented. PVE players - are normal. PVPers - are special case. Same here.

7+ Year Old Account
    My perfect wow, from a guy named WoWIsDead..... Seems legit. Not a suicide run at all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why <3M players currently play Wow - not 100M.
    Just curious if you have any other data? Like when those 90+M quit?

Or when they started playing vs when they stopped.

So don't go tossing around the handful of data points you have and try to paint a complete picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post

LOL so you create a system where players interact not because they want to, but because they have to.

This creates narcissism (leader/taker/controller) and codependency (party members/guild members/pleasers/fixers) which is by definition anti-social behavior.

You are wrong. So wrong. Dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    LOL so you create a system where players interact not because they want to, but because they have to.
    Like what, 99% of games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    And how would Blizz know what we want (when some players saying Blizz dont listen to feedback)?

All the things you mentioned - I would want the opposite. Like removing pvp from wow.
    That's y there r pve and pvp servers, blizzard should and shouldn't listen to the players. More not listen than listen imo, there r too many different voices, they should choose a direction and stick with it. Look at cata, players said they wanted harder dungeons and they delivered, but the player base didn't actually want that. It was too hard for most.