Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    And how hard would you laugh after blizzard gets yelled at to merge the servers after two months because there's no one around?
    Not as hard as when Blizzard announced that they're no longer announcing quarterly subscription numbers after they dropped to a new low.

Seriously though I have no passionate feelings about throwback servers, IMO we have seen how popular Timewalking has been, which has been Blizzard's experiment with making older content relevant (a good thing, considering the wealth of older content in the game) and I don't think legacy servers will be nearly as popular as some people make it out to be. Then again, I don't think they'll be as *unpopular* as some people make them out to be, either.

That being said, I'd play the hell out of BC/WoLK servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    LFD came out with the ToC patch, not ICC. But yes, you could easily gear up in 232-245 gear (232 for ICC heroics and 245 for pre-ICC badge gear, 219 was ToC5), and then get 251 and 264 with Emblems of Frost (251 T10 gear, and 264 offset pieces). So you could actually gear up to an even higher level than you do these days through badges and 5-mans alone. The only higher item level came from 25 man Heroic ICC, from the Lich King himself, and Halion when RS was released.

Once again it must be stressed out that you could buy the entire tier set with Emblems of Frost. That's something we've been utterly unable to do since then (closest we got was 2-piece with Valor during Cataclysm).
    Dungeon finder as we know it now came out in patch 3.3.0 (icecrown patch)
    You could buy 3/5 pieces with valor in cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I guess about half as hard as I laugh at retails empty servers now, knowing that Nost had more people online than any of them.
    Because it was for free, make even the piece of **** WOD is free to play as it was Nost, and you will see how many people play it.
    The only thing the Nost server proved, is how bad are the existing free to play MMOs.

And do not come back at me with the "but there are other privates non vanilla and they were not as succesful as Nos", because that has already been explained.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-04-28 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Would rather listen to a company whose experience and entire job is to make Videogames, who would be looking at ways to make money and had figured it was unneeded over listening to people on forums that constantly say "BLIZZ COULD DO IT THEY JUST DUN WANNA!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except no one is saying Blizzard is 'all-knowing' and 'can do no wrong'. But we're not delusional to the point of calling a multi-million dollar company, one of the biggest in their market, 'incompetent'. Calling Blizzard 'incompetent' is almost akin to calling people like Stephen Hawking and Neil DeGrasse Tyson 'scientifically illiterate'.

And we'll keep at it until you guys finally wake up?

I'm not sure how you can hold Project Titan against Blizzard since they never released that game to the public, nor have built any hype around it to disappoint their fans and customers. All companies fail at some point or another. Even people like Donald Trump has failures in his belt.

And... speaking of speculations. You dismiss what you claim is speculation on our part, but you have no trouble speculating, yourself, right?
    So both respones somehow managed to completely dodge the whole point about Blizzard failing on its projections for WoD and respond with denial anways and keep on justifying the blind trust that Blizzard just must be right.

Yes of course it is implied when you refuse and attack peoples different opinions and dismiss every evidence they have, on the sole claim that Blizzard must knows and know better than anyone else because they are that big company. Its you whole premise. You are just saying it with convulted words. Talk about 'not delusional'. Who needs to wake up again?

No one talked about Titan except you. Im not sure how you even came up with that and hold it against me.

No one said speculation is bad and no one implied it. Your are just grasping for straws now. There is a big difference between dismissing claims what Blizzard might have done behind closed doors and might have done right and better as pure speculation because it is just speculation when dishonest whiteknights pass them as of as facts to attack and belittle arguments and opinions and insult anyone implying anything that contradicts the delusion that Blizzard can't ever be wrong and then speculating that some number extrapolated from real and evident numbers, for on a real event that was admitted with many apologies and excuses by Blizzard, might be higher than anyone can be certain about within also rationalizeable dimensions and phrasing it as nothing more than a possibility just to quanitfy a mentioned event and not to contradict anyone.

At least we come to the conlusion where you admit its pure speculation, Blizzard can indeed do wrong and that includes everything regarding Vanilla server too and you closeminded whiteknights have no actual argument to refuse peoples arguments in favour of retro server with the appeal to Blizzards authority and all you can do is continue to pretend to sit on a high horse made of pure blind trust.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-04-28 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Bringing up the naxx argument a couple pages ago... my guild cleared naxx 40 (before I joined unfortunately) and everyone that played back then unanimously agrees that current content is >>> old.

But anecdotes everywhere.
    Sure buddy, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Because it was for free, make even the piece of **** WOD is free to play as it was Nost, and you will see how many people play it.
    The only thing the Nost server proved, is how bad are the existing free to play MMOs.

And do not come back at me with the "but there are other privates non vanilla and they were not as succesful as Nos", because that has already been explained.
    Funny you should mention that, because WoD is effectively f2p for a lot of people now and they still don't want to stick around. Just checked my account and it appears Blizz added it for free. I have enough gold from MoP to pay 2-3 months and from what I hear of garrisons it wouldn't be hard to keep getting tokens. I still don't believe its worth my time and yet Nost was.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Sure buddy, sure.
    I mean, achievments don't exist but again, I can link videos the guild made, you can check character names if you want too, but unfortunately the vanilla video was such shit quality that you can't make out names. Strangely there's no atiesh guild achievment.

But here http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Warpath
    We're horde now tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read and heard a lot of this matter recently and I thought I'd drop my 2 cents.

Little bit of background on my play history:

I started back in March 2007 and continued to play on/off for several years. I was always looking up to leveling, advancing and getting stronger as I progressed through the game. I love lvling and I think is one of those things that keep me playing this game. I have lvled multiple alts (nothing crazy, maybe like 5-6 to 100).

If such servers were to be implemented my prediction would be that, while popular at launch, their popularity will decrease as time goes and people lose interest. Don't get me wrong, I'd play it for a few months just to relive the nostalgia and maybe experience the part I missed of Vanilla but just for that. Once I get my nostalgia over with, I'm going to want to play something different or more modern (like Legion)

Now this is where I merge both points. While the realms would inject some kind of refreshing stuff to do during this content drought, their popularity would wane probably within a year or two. Maybe a bit longer until everybody reaches the lvl cap, have raiding gear and then are left like... now what? Back then it was every man for himself and just being noobs. Now, we have complicated add-ons, spreadsheets, simulation tools. In other words, we would optimize the shit out of everything and, when that happens, people would cry for more content on already old server.

On top of all this, the timing would be HORRIBLE with Legion launching within a few months.

The idea is amazing, the execution and profitability from Blizz's eyes is not worth it.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION! DON'T LYNCH ME!

we need to build a wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Funny you should mention that, because WoD is effectively f2p for a lot of people now and they still don't want to stick around. Just checked my account and it appears Blizz added it for free. I have enough gold from MoP to pay 2-3 months and from what I hear of garrisons it wouldn't be hard to keep getting tokens. I still don't believe its worth my time and yet Nost was.
    NOPE, you had to buy the expansion, even if it is sub free for you (As it is for me) you still have to de certain chores (or you had to) to keep the gold going to your pockets.
    Nost is totally free, real free to play, no expansion, or game bought, and absolutely ZERO chores to keep it being F2P.
    I do agree with you about the quality of WOD however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Dungeon finder as we know it now came out in patch 3.3.0 (icecrown patch)
    You could buy 3/5 pieces with valor in cata.
    ... Huh. I could swear it came out in the ToC era. My bad!

And what I meant with 2 piece was just refering to the set bonus. You could still buy gear of the same item level as the tier set outside of the 3 tier parts, so I was more referring to the fact that you couldn't go full 4 piece bonus just from vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    ... Huh. I could swear it came out in the ToC era. My bad!

And what I meant with 2 piece was just refering to the set bonus. You could still buy gear of the same item level as the tier set outside of the 3 tier parts, so I was more referring to the fact that you couldn't go full 4 piece bonus just from vendors.
    I hear ya.
    I'm glad tier from vendors is gone. Bad experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    NOPE, you had to buy the expansion, even if it is sub free for you (As it is for me) you still have to de certain chores (or you had to) to keep the gold going to your pockets.
    Nost is totally free, real free to play, no expansion, or game bought, and absolutely ZERO chores to keep it being F2P.
    I do agree with you about the quality of WOD however.
    That's just it, I did not ever buy WoD! Its showing up as purchased or available or whatever term they use, even if you never bought it. No announcement, seems like they're scrambling for sub's anyone they can, even if they collect $0 from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The rest of your post was basically just you being overly melodramatic.
    lol 5/7 youre sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no desire to go back to the old days of leveling up weapon skills and all that. I'll never have that brand new feeling of playing that first year. I can't bring back my old friends,and we can't be the same people we were. The only thing I'd change is probably the old barrens,and that's just because it reminds me of the old Mutual of Omaha nature shows about Lions killing shit that I watched as a child. (Yeah,I'm old.)

You can put on your old jacket,and even if it hasn't changed...you sure as Hell did.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    So both respones somehow managed to completely dodge the whole point about Blizzard failing on its projections for WoD and respond with denial anways and keep on justifying the blind trust that Blizzard just must be right.
    Except we're not delusional to think that just because a company made a mistake it means said company is 'incompetent'.

That's just it, I did not ever buy WoD! Its showing up as purchased or available or whatever term they use, even if you never bought it. No announcement, seems like they're scrambling for sub's anyone they can, even if they collect $0 from them.
    cept that they upgraded base wow to MoP before WoD, and are continuing this trend.

But yeah whatever.

Deleted
    The subs plummeting must be phenomenal then XD.
    Yep i have noticed that since last week it takes time to fill a group for kazzak, i told the guys i was doing it with, that it was the first time i saw a kazzak group queued and no one joining, not even for realm hooping.

LOL, and also what kary above me said.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-04-28 at 03:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrechnung View Post
    both passing and failing grades? you truly are a Schröndinger cat!

maybe you can both answer and not answer the survey

http://goo.gl/forms/Yv1MaAkl4A
    It's an intersting subject but if you want to know if it would be a good move from blizzard perspective this surevey is probably not going to help you too much, 1st it's hard to get non bias metric on this kinda subject, for exemple people on this thread are more likely to say yes to it than if you linked it somwhere else, also people in strongly in favor or strongly against legacy are probably more likely to do this survey than people who don't realy care, witch is the majorty of the player base... Also there is no question about time you would play. Ex: i would probably play vanilla but not for more than 1 or 2 weeks so I'm probably not the best customer for this service and I feel like many people would do the same, try it cause it's there and then 2 or 3 weeks in realised it was a hell of a grind, that they already have stuff maxed on some live server and never play it again. Finaly, the timing of it, I would bet that if you would do a the same thing 3 month after legion launch it would not be the same by a big margine, but like i said it's an interesting subject so good luck with it, just don't take you're conclusion too seriously...

Legion won't fix what has been done to WoW. I'd play the hell out of a legacy server, as an alt, going back and forth to current expansion.