Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I did not settle in my relationships. I married a woman that meets or exceeds all expectations that I ever had.

Career? Eh. I never cared all that much. I guess if you'd told me when I started graduate school that 13 years later I'd be doing what I am now, I probably would have frowned a bit at it. I'm perfectly happy with it though, so I guess that's pretty much the definition of settling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The further question is why are you asking and why do you care?

But OT i have no career or relationship,so that's me fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    The further question is why are you asking and why do you care?

But OT i have no career or relationship,so that's me fucked.
    Or not fucked, as the case may be?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    NASA accepts LASIK now.
    But I'm too old to start working on my 1,000 flight hours now. That and there's not a huge need for computer scientists in space yet, at least not until Mark Watney gets stranded on Mars and the 1337 CS haxx0r removes the remote override on the Hermes to do the Rich Purnell maneuver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    But I'm too old to start working on my 1,000 flight hours now. That and there's not a huge need for computer scientists in space yet, at least not until Mark Watney gets stranded on Mars and the 1337 CS haxx0r removes the remote override on the Hermes to do the Rich Purnell maneuver.
    You just need a secondary expertise. Like botany. Or archaeology. They need archaeologists on Mars, right?

And I broke up with a great girl a month ago.
    The rookie Texans cheerleaders just got their twitter accounts, you should try to drown yourself in their fitnessness.

I went into IT cuz it was easy, but I really don't like IT. Like, i don't want to go home and sit infront of a computer, after doing it for 8-9 hours already. Needless to say, I do have 300K HKs.... /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The rookie Texans cheerleaders just got their twitter accounts, you should try to drown yourself in their fitnessness.

I went into IT cuz it was easy, but I really don't like IT. Like, i don't want to go home and sit infront of a computer, after doing it for 8-9 hours already. Needless to say, I do have 300K HKs.... /sigh
    The Texas blonde bimbo cheerleader stereotype is really just not attractive to me at all. And it's sad, because there really are a lot of them around Houston. I've dated a few myself.

The Texas blonde bimbo cheerleader stereotype is really just not attractive to me at all. And it's sad, because there really are a lot of them around Houston. I've dated a few myself.
    What about brunettes? Looks like a lot more brunette rookies than blondes this year :P It does get old after the first few.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    What about brunettes? Looks like a lot more brunette rookies than blondes this year :P It does get old after the first few.
    It's not so much the blonde or the brunette aspect. It's the sheer genericism (new word!) of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Trying to gauge how many people have settled throughout the years. I once knew a woman who had a laundry list of 'qualifications' her future husband had to have in order for her to consider him. Several years later she married someone who only met like 2 of those qualifications. And another example would be another friend of mine wanted to work for DARPA. It was his dream. And now he's a high school science teacher. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it obviously wasn't DARPA.

Have you settled? Why? And whats stopping you from achieving your initial goal?
    Yes. I absolutely did. But only after finding a woman who met all my criteria only to find out over the course of ten years that I should have used different criteria..............
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Neither. Went to school to teach English, went on to get my culinary degree and owned a bar at one point, and now own and manage a gallery. I'll do this until I get bored and move and try something else. Hopefully a bakery specializing in edibles.

Same with relationships. No need to settle. Keep trying different things until you nail one you enjoy, pun most certainly intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Neither. Went to school to teach English, went on to get my culinary degree and owned a bar at one point, and now own and manage a gallery. I'll do this until I get bored and move and try something else. Hopefully a bakery specializing in edibles.

Same with relationships. No need to settle. Keep trying different things until you nail one you enjoy, pun most certainly intended.
    That's fine as long as you earn enough to put away a little extra for a rainy day/retirement.

Somewhat, yeah. My first interest was in being a dancer, but I'm too short to realistically be a good company performer, so I was steered away from that pretty fast. I wound up in a 6 year career as a professional fighter, and really loved it. More than pursuing it, it kind of felt like I 'fit' really well into it, and so that was really fulfilling. I had to retire from a few repeated injuries to my right knee. So I've settled for sciences, and I'll be probably graduating in computer science, possibly a second BS in earth science. It's definitely 'settling' to me, as it's not something I feel natural in, or something I'm all that excited about, but I can do it.

Deleted
    Now I wish that I spent more time in school so I could become a doctor but I didn't aim for that type of profession during that time. I guess thing are going alright though.

You just need a secondary expertise. Like botany. Or archaeology. They need archaeologists on Mars, right?
    Yes, we need to find the prothean technology that is hidden there.

That's fine as long as you earn enough to put away a little extra for a rainy day/retirement.
    I'll have slowly killed my self with my hedonistic life style before that becomes and issue.

That doesn't mean I haven't been kicking stuff back. Plus I play the currency market, which has been GREAT to me over the past 5 years, mostly because my best friend is a wizard and I just copy him.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodkorven View Post
    Yes, we need to find the prothean technology that is hidden there.
    You mean the Aldnoah technology, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    You mean the Aldnoah technology, right?
    Ugh, the only character I liked in that show does not have a good ending.

when i was a little boy i wanted to be an actor with a substance abuse problem with a lady who would tie me up.

ive accomplished that goal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Once I realized I was settling for a woman that I knew wasn't right for me, I freaked out and broke it off. 8 years though, a huge chunk of my adult life. I'm better off and happier though.

As for career...I never knew where I was going. I never had a plan and now I'm in a great position with ample opportunity to increase my skill set. I'm super lucky for this opportunity.