Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I really doubt that about Varian. I strongly believe that Vol'jin is alive, but Varian? The whole park is rebuilt in Legion in order to serve as Varian's grave. Imagine how awkward it's going to be if he is indeed alive and comes back at the end of the expansion or something.
    Would be cool if the lore got more plot twists. Like you find Varian somewhere on Argus, with body covered in scars fighting the Legion, and when you talk to him, he would said that he is no longer that Varian he used to be and he wants everyone to believe he's daed while he fights the Legion or something.

But the fact that his body isn't displayed at the funeral bugs me out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Jaina can't kill a blood elf with an arcane spell, i'm pretty sure cursing is beyond her... unless she really is a dreadlord.
    Okay, so she is out...but who has cursed the Warchiefs Throne? We have to solve this case before the Curse demands another victim.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Okay, so she is out...but who has cursed the Warchiefs Throne? We have to solve this case before the Curse demands another victim.
    Probably Kosak.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Probably Kosak.
    It was Golden!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Elves have broken dna beacuse of WoE. Trolls are only slightly changing to adapt to environment, their core features always remained the same through changing environmeant and passing time. It's the elves that were chaning to something weird, like fish creature, half-demon, and now half-spider.
    Elven dna isn't broken, it is still troll dna so to speak, if you pump enough arcane power into a modern troll the result will be an elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Primitives are so easy to mutate.
    These primitives did create the greatest mortal empires on Azeroth ;P

That isn't available to her.

Elves have broken dna beacuse of WoE. Trolls are only slightly changing to adapt to environment, their core features always remained the same through changing environmeant and passing time. It's the elves that were chaning to something weird, like fish creature, half-demon, and now half-spider.
    Trolls can be Ressed through the most basic necromancy, look no further than Zul'Farrak. I doubt it'd be a stretch for Sylvanas to raise him, though Bwonsamdi would likely resist her attempts since the Darkspear are under his protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Primitives are so easy to mutate.
    Something tells me you have no troll characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Trolls can be Ressed through the most basic necromancy, look no further than Zul'Farrak. I doubt it'd be a stretch for Sylvanas to raise him, though Bwonsamdi would likely resist her attempts since the Darkspear are under his protection.
    Now you see why - the Loa protects both him and the tribe. Secondly no Darkspear would allow Sylvanas to violate corpses of thier tribesmen. While trolls are no strangers to necromancy it was not done to boost numbers but to communicate with dead ones or put a protection charm so they could protect the catacombs.

Something tells me you have no troll characters.
    They're not anime enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Elven dna isn't broken, it is still troll dna so to speak, if you pump enough arcane power into a modern troll the result will be an elf.
    Somehow Zandalari didn't changed even if they practiced Arcane Magic long before nelves came to be. In other words it was just Well mutation. That mutation continued with Sunwell and Nightwell. Helves became more and more human-looking, while the nightbourne started to mutate to half-spider beigns.

These primitives did create the greatest mortal empires on Azeroth ;P
    And who managed to break Aquir, while Nelves had serious trouble to deal with silithid alone, and needed aid of dragons.

Somehow Zandalari didn't changed even if they practiced Arcane Magic long before nelves came to be. In other words it was just Well mutation. That mutation continued with Sunwell and Nightwell. Helves became more and more human-looking, while the nightbourne started to mutate to half-spider beigns.
    Again if you pump massive amounts of arcane power into trolls they change, the other trolls were simply not as exposed, but we know quite well what would happen to them if they are.

And who managed to break Aquir, while Nelves had serious trouble to deal with silithid alone, and needed aid of dragons.
    Apples and oranges, the night elven empire was long gone at that point, the trolls splintered the aqir, not to mention this wasn't my point.

The greatest mortal empires were that of the trolls, followed by the night elves. No other mortal race can achieve these heights again, for the mere fact that most of the planet is gone by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They're not anime enough.

What a roast ! You truly achieved perfection and became a forum sensation with those kanye west level disses.

Well if Sylvanas becomes the new permament warchief I hope she lasts for more then 1 expansion. This is getting silly

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Again if you pump massive amounts of arcane power into trolls they change, the other trolls were simply not as exposed, but we know quite well what would happen to them if they are.
    I don't think this would be the case, they could've slightly changed but not became different specie. Arcane powers and the devices like the Well are working slightly differently.

What a roast ! You truly achieved perfection and became a forum sensation with those kanye west level disses.
    D'awww you read to much from light-hearted pinch. Don't worry, I'm still light years behind you and I doubt I'd ever reach this kind of "perfection".

I don't think this would be the case, they could've slightly changed but not became different specie. Arcane powers and the devices like the Well are working slightly differently.
    The well is merely a fount of extremely potent arcane power, all you need is a source of similar power and settle some trolls close to it and at one point they will have mutated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That's what I am hoping on and for 7.1 or 7.2 for Vol'jin to arrive in a "Surprise mon, I bring da Zandalari." because simply put even if we're not friends with them. When it comes to the legion invasion our goals are one and the same.
    Thats exactly what Im hoping for. Or KIA to get the Zandalari involved. Even if Voljin is a main horde character (as a founder of the Horde), he never got a big character development in WoW, just like Baine Bloodhoof (merely a successor) or Gallywix. The troll are one of the very first race that ruled Azeroth, they made a few comeback in some expansion, but its about time they wake up and shows us their full might, or whats left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    If it was a side character then it wouldnt have mattered.This is the fucking Warchief of the Horde.Horde lost a Warchief in Cata(Thrall),then MoP(Garry) and now again in Legion('Jin).
    The horde is a strong and independant organization who needs no warchief

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's hardly unheard of story telling? Both sides suffer huge loss. Hardly a Blizzard thing trying to cater to both Horde and Alliance, just generic plot devices. Really don't see an issue with it..
    ...where did I say it was unheard of?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Alliance lost Bolvar, Magni, Varian.
    Only one is dead, and I guess the other isn't part of the alliance anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    Bolvar is undead and the crispy fried Lich Colonel
    I thought Bolvar was still alive. The plague didn't kill him because Alextrasza's flame kept him alive. He's burned to a crisp alright but he's still alive as far as I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar is undead and the crispy fried Lich Colonel, Magni has been Diamond until Legion.

Thrall also isn't dead. My point being, both sides have lost people.
    Magni comes back in Legion and has big shit planned for Alliance.

I agree with others here that Varian, while an interesting character, has had his full story arc and is ready for a heroic death. They've also got a groomed prince ready to become King, whether he also becomes leader of the Alliance (is it always the King of SW?).

Vol'jin, on the other hand, has neither. He is long overdue for some development and in-game time, and the trolls would be faceless without him.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The fact that he has massive issues facing his enemies face to face without overwhelming support clearly indicated that sylvanas could intimidate him with one look. Or one arrow.
    There goes the story of 33...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I agree with others here that Varian, while an interesting character, has had his full story arc and is ready for a heroic death. They've also got a groomed prince ready to become King, whether he also becomes leader of the Alliance (is it always the King of SW?).
    Varian did become the leader of the Alliance, not the King of Stormwind. And you can say its only happened in MoP.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.