Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    The game got easy yeah... right ...not that again... I bet 10 boxe you didn't kill mythic Archimonde or kel'thuzad in naxx 40. Also, guess what, you can still make friend in this game if you're not an asshole, and you try a bit. Finaly, Yeah the number are low as wod was not the best expac but it's also a freaking 13 year old game.

P.S your graph is wrong.... i still play the game and it's 2016....
    Try to see this through the perspective of vanilla/tbc/wrath raiders. Is mythic Archimonde easy? Hell no, but human nature is always to pick the path of least resistance, as long as there is LFR, normal(flex) the subscription numbers will keep bleeding. No i did not get to kill Kel'thuzad in Naxx 40, not many did. I was probably not good enough at the time either, i've always been pretty casual. My guild cleared up to Naxx, and a handful off bosses in it. We had a so much fun, despite all the farming and grinding it required.

The graph is sarcastic, kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Again with the mythic thing, many players don't give a shit about mythic because raiding is no longer considered, special and rare content to do, because it's too easy, also mythic BTW requires double the amount of players so in a small guild on a dying server, it's pretty tough going. And people's minds are saying "I already did it many times LFR, norm, heroic, can't be bothered.
    Also cross-realm raiding is a thing, so small guilds on a dying server can still find people to raid with if they want. But go do some research on just how many guilds/people have downed some mythic content and compare that to numbers in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    But doing it many times over on a single difficulty that ranges from LFR to heroic for just as long is better?
    There is no lockout for the other difficulties so you do them all in same week, you will get bored fast

But doing it many times over on a single difficulty that ranges from LFR to heroic for just as long is better?
    It so is! You don't know! Vanilla 4 life!? I love when their arguments crumble so hard because they try and compare Vanilla raiding with few mechanics to raiding now.

Deleted
    Tradechat started it.... some fan ask Mark kern question and that fan had tradechat tagged in it ... mark answerd and then she came and start insulting him and other ppl... thats what happend....

In all honesty, most people here that try to reflect fondly on vanilla conveniently forget getting anvildicked on Razorgore and Vael back in the day.
    Or getting shat on by nightbane/prince
    Not being able to kill fathom lord, and getting all night wipes on Leotheras
    A vast majority of TBC "TK guilds" could only kill loot reaver.
    Can you even drive constructs on Teron Gorefiend? Bloodboil used to be a huge guild wiper, too. Not to mention RoS.
    And, let's not even get into sunwell. If you were lucky enough to kill Kalec, you couldn't kill brutallus without 4p T6, so you pretty much had to farm BT all over again for set bonuses. Couldn't do anything but sunwell trash in ioqd badge gear.

But nostalgia, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Also cross-realm raiding is a thing, so small guilds on a dying server can still find people to raid with if they want. But go do some research on just how many guilds/people have downed some mythic content and compare that to numbers in the past.
    One of our core raiders transferred off to another server (silly reasons, can't remember)
    xrealm mythic lol.

Only shitty thing is he doesn't get guild repairs or officer chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    The game got easy yeah... right ...not that again... I bet 10 boxe you didn't kill mythic Archimonde or kel'thuzad in naxx 40. Also, guess what, you can still make friend in this game if you're not an asshole, and you try a bit. Finaly, Yeah the number are low as wod was not the best expac but it's also a freaking 13 year old game.

P.S your graph is wrong.... i still play the game and it's 2016....
    Why should anyone bother to kill archi or do any other difficulty then LFR? It is same content. Why should i put effort into something what i alredy saw and killed? Just to get better gear and do higher numbers? For challenge? DO content just for sake of challenge is pathetic motivation for me. Biggest motivation to get players doing content is to see content in first place and challenge should be just part of it and not your main goal. Majority of player base doesnt do mythic or care about mythic becouse it is same content what they alredy saw. Make raiding exlcusive with 1 difficulty and we will come back to do raids until then LFR then unsub and wait for more content.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    In all honesty, most people here that try to reflect fondly on vanilla conveniently forget getting anvildicked on Razorgore and Vael back in the day.
    Or getting shat on by nightbane/prince
    Not being able to kill fathom lord, and getting all night wipes on Leotheras
    A vast majority of TBC "TK guilds" could only kill loot reaver.
    Can you even drive constructs on Teron Gorefiend? Bloodboil used to be a huge guild wiper, too. Not to mention RoS.
    And, let's not even get into sunwell. If you were lucky enough to kill Kalec, you couldn't kill brutallus without 4p T6, so you pretty much had to farm BT all over again for set bonuses. Couldn't do anything but sunwell trash in ioqd badge gear.

But nostalgia, amirite?
    Well TBC isn't Vanilla so I dunno why you made that jump to start comparing things. TBC was a great expansion but still does not mean I'd go back and play it if released. I remember how many guilds on my realm sucked and died in TBC so most of that rings true.

- - - Updated - - -

One of our core raiders transferred off to another server (silly reasons, can't remember)
    xrealm mythic lol.

Only shitty thing is he doesn't get guild repairs or officer chat.
    Mythic X-realm was a welcome addition at least. Gave smaller guilds a chance to find just enough to raid and dying realms that couldn't field jack shit can now try and field a roster.

I don't know why you just can't guild invite people on other realms at this point, can damn near do everything with them already.

Well TBC isn't Vanilla so I dunno why you made that jump to start comparing things. TBC was a great expansion but still does not mean I'd go back and play it if released. I remember how many guilds on my realm sucked and died in TBC so most of that rings true.
    I only mentioned vael and razorgore, because if you couldn't down them you were banished to ZG.
    Linear progression lol.

Do you know how skeram works? I'm sure most people didnt do battleguard sartura as current content, either.

There is no lockout for the other difficulties so you do them all in same week, you will get bored fast
    And dodges the question!

But why would you bother running multiples. LFR offers nothing. If you're a "real raider" you can step straight into heroic and only dabble in normal for a 2nd chance at key items. No need to consistently run every difficulty. maybe once or twice initially with spot fill ins if you absolutely have to for gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

It so is! You don't know! Vanilla 4 life!? I love when their arguments crumble so hard because they try and compare Vanilla raiding with few mechanics to raiding now.
    Except that only a few bosses now are really that complex. Its about the same then as it is now, just that back then we didn't have DBM to warn you 2 minutes before something happens or addon xyz to maximize dps or healing so on and so on. Some of these fights would be 10x more challenging without addons.

Threat literally being meaningless nowadays.. remember when everyone actually had to use aggro dumps to not wipe the raid?

Also, by now we have so many similarities to bosses of the past that everyone can relate to, which also makes things easier and people want that more difficult experience of having to work at something. LFR specifically took the "Epic" feeling of these bosses away.

I only mentioned vael and razorgore, because if you couldn't down them you were banished to ZG.
    Linear progression lol.

Do you know how skeram works? I'm sure most people didnt do battleguard sartura as current content, either.
    Well that was one of the nice things about Vanilla in that there was tons of options raid wise that smaller/not as good guilds could go to content they could handle (which TBC maintained that trend). I don't remember how much anything works in AQ anymore. What I remember about those fights has been tainted by going back and clearing them for pets and helping friends with various things in there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Why should anyone bother to kill archi or do any other difficulty then LFR? It is same content. Why should i put effort into something what i alredy saw and killed? Just to get better gear and do higher numbers? For challenge? DO content just for sake of challenge is pathetic motivation for me. Biggest motivation to get players doing content is to see content in first place and challenge should be just part of it and not your main goal. Majority of player base doesnt do mythic or care about mythic becouse it is same content what they alredy saw. Make raiding exlcusive with 1 difficulty and we will come back to do raids until then LFR then unsub and wait for more content.
    If you don't like challenge an play all you're game on easy mode too bad for you, I play game to have fun with friends and the sense of achivement of killing hard stuff. I also aim for A and not D when i do an examen.

Deleted
    And dodges the question!

But why would you bother running multiples. LFR offers nothing. If you're a "real raider" you can step straight into heroic and only dabble in normal for a 2nd chance at key items. No need to consistently run every difficulty. maybe once or twice initially with spot fill ins if you absolutely have to for gears.
    Becouse players always want to be at maximum efficienci with gear and if games allowes them to do this they will do it. And no it isnt playrs problem it is game what is supostu defend them from being burned out.

Oh yeah and BTW LFR offers nothing? LFR actualy offer the biggest possible reward. Raiding content. It offerts you to see raid content for free and this is biggest reward what you can get in WoW. And it is also reason why most players doesnt want bother with other difficulty levels. Gear and loot simply isnt rewarding enough to keep players interested in raiding anymore. Loot used be tool not players goal.

The "pristine" server idea, while still not Classic, could be a good compromise, but it does not go far enough.

I would love a server with no CRZ or LFR, but removing CRZ while keeping the leveling game as fast and easy as it is, even without heirlooms, will just lead to quickly empty zones again. Besides the stated changes, such a server would also need all the leveling curve reductions undone, and either greatly buffed monsters or nerfed players.

Making the leveling game challenging again is absolutely vital. It will make dungeon gear a significant advantage again, providing needed incentive for people to do the extra social legwork to form the groups and make the treks to the actual entrances.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    And dodges the question!

You only do the raids which give you better ilvl or DPS, if LFR has nothing for you, you just do normal and heroic instead. I just don't see how people can call that fun

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Except that only a few bosses now are really that complex. Its about the same then as it is now, just that back then we didn't have DBM to warn you 2 minutes before something happens or addon xyz to maximize dps or healing so on and so on. Some of these fights would be 10x more challenging without addons.

Threat literally being meaningless nowadays.. remember when everyone actually had to use aggro dumps to not wipe the raid?

Also, by now we have so many similarities to bosses of the past that everyone can relate to, which also makes things easier and people want that more difficult experience of having to work at something. LFR specifically took the "Epic" feeling of these bosses away.
    Sure only a 'few' bosses are complex, so easy that everyone downs them on Mythic because DBM just tells them what to do. Gee can we go back to the days where you could spam decursive in MC and it just cleared targets in a priority list and you only had to spam the button. Or the healing addons that played for you by picking which rank of a spell to cast in a given situation.

Current fights are DESIGNED to be played with those addons so of course they'd be far different without them. You act like Addons weren't a thing in Vanilla though.

Do I remember when tanks in MC bitched about waiting for X sunders on a target before people could start aggro and the earlier versions of like Omen threat meter and stuff? Sure, wasn't exactly tons of fun.

Deleted
    You only do the raids which give you better ilvl or DPS, if LFR has nothing for you, you just do normal and heroic instead. I just don't see how people can call that fun
    LFR offers raiding content. Join LFR see content unsub wait for another raid. This is and alwys was main goal for players not gear.

Well that was one of the nice things about Vanilla in that there was tons of options raid wise that smaller/not as good guilds could go to content they could handle (which TBC maintained that trend). I don't remember how much anything works in AQ anymore. What I remember about those fights has been tainted by going back and clearing them for pets and helping friends with various things in there.
    And that's why there are different difficulties. If you couldn't do heroic archi, normal archi exists.
    So you can still see the story. Remember the whole <1% saw the end boss of vanilla statistic? yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    LFR offers raiding content. Join LFR see content unsub wait for another raid. This is and alwys was main goal for players not gear.
    Well I mean to be fair most people in the game don't even raid. I forget the last time those numbers were broken down but raiding is not a 51%+ of the playerbase kind of thing.