Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    You only do the raids which give you better ilvl or DPS, if LFR has nothing for you, you just do normal and heroic instead. I just don't see how people can call that fun
    Exactly. I didn't do ZA (which i regret b/c no bear) because the gear wasn't an upgrade to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure only a 'few' bosses are complex, so easy that everyone downs them on Mythic because DBM just tells them what to do. Gee can we go back to the days where you could spam decursive in MC and it just cleared targets in a priority list and you only had to spam the button. Or the healing addons that played for you by picking which rank of a spell to cast in a given situation.

Current fights are DESIGNED to be played with those addons so of course they'd be far different without them. You act like Addons weren't a thing in Vanilla though.

Do I remember when tanks in MC bitched about waiting for X sunders on a target before people could start aggro and the earlier versions of like Omen threat meter and stuff? Sure, wasn't exactly tons of fun.
    Current content isn't designed around addons - the addons are made for current content, thats silly to think otherwise lol. Literally every raid tier has addons specifically for it. Do you really think blizzard makes content expecting people to develop addons to complete the content? lol

Addon's really were not a thing in vanilla though haha there was very few out there. Closer to the end they became a thing but still not to many.

Tanks were bitching all the way through WotLK for people to wait for X sunders so thats kind of irrelevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    If you start with a fresh 100 in WOD today, how long will it take you to afford to pay the sub with gold, costing one token in EU 85k gold? Meaning it is not so easy to make WOD F2P.
    Besides, i can think of a lot of things far better to play for free that a wow expansion during its last 4 months of life.
    My counter argument would be - lots of people thought it was worth playing vanilla and tbc in the last 4 months of their lives. For all this arguing they're doing here about whose raid tiers were the manliest, most of us play casual pve. For me, that kind of game was and still is worth playing. The linearity, simplicity, and lack of socializing in modern wow is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    And that's why there are different difficulties. If you couldn't do heroic archi, normal archi exists.
    So you can still see the story. Remember the whole <1% saw the end boss of vanilla statistic? yeah.
    Raids doesnt have any story. All the story is in the ending cinematic what you can watch on youtube. All you do is gho there kill all those noname bosses withn few random yells and thats it. There is absolulty nothing wrong that only 1% got to see Kelthuzad. It only made raid more exciting and epic and yes even for players what didnt raid it made very exciting. Just that you know there is this huge hard raid with all this misterious bosses made game fun to play. It gived you goal. Even if you never raiding you still had that goal in mind ,,maybe one day,, thing what keept you playing the game.

I cant give less **** about current bosses what are just hollow npcs what are being killed by anyone who can press LFR button.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2016-04-28 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Current content isn't designed around addons - the addons are made for current content, thats silly to think otherwise lol. Literally every raid tier has addons specifically for it. Do you really think blizzard makes content expecting people to develop addons to complete the content? lol

Addon's really were not a thing in vanilla though haha there was very few out there. Closer to the end they became a thing but still not to many.

Tanks were bitching all the way through WotLK for people to wait for X sunders so thats kind of irrelevant to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1vuknq2eBI

Video of my guild killing loatheb 40.
    the addons existed, but for the most part only raid leaders had them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Raids doesnt have any story. All the story is in the ending cinematic what you can watch on youtube. All you do is gho there kill all those noname bosses withn few random yells and thats it. There is absolulty nothing wrong that only 1% got to see Kelthuzad. It only made raid more exciting and epic and yes even for players what didnt raid it made very exciting. Just that you know there is this huge hard raid with all this misterious bosses made game fun to play. It gived you goal. Even if you never raiding you still had that goal in mind ,,maybe one day,, thing what keept you playing the game.
    Tell that to the people who cried for several expansions, then

And that's why there are different difficulties. If you couldn't do heroic archi, normal archi exists.
    So you can still see the story. Remember the whole <1% saw the end boss of vanilla statistic? yeah.
    Yeah but Naxx was pretty late in the content and then people started farming honor gear for TBC. I mean hell the % of people seeing the end of content is still pretty weak even counting LFR.

I think Naxx was out June 20th 2006 and I think the honor patch was in 1.12 where people could grind for the warlord gear was Aug 22 2006 and of course TBC released on Dec 5th. So I know people I raided with stopped raiding to grind out honor gear and wait for TBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1vuknq2eBI

Video of my guild killing loatheb 40.
    the addons existed, but for the most part only raid leaders had them.
    I never said they didn't exist - just that they were not a thing to have like they are today. But you kinda just said the same thing as I'm trying to say "most part only raid leaders had them"

I never said they didn't exist - just that they were not a thing to have like they are today. But you are saying that same thing as well.
    *shrugs* I remember addons being pretty common in MC for guilds I raided with. I also remember the patch that Blizz put out that changed how addons would function and it broke the origial Decursive so it couldn't just clean out the raid in no time flat by spamming names. Of course we're trying to all go off of memory from 12-10~ years ago here.

*shrugs* I remember addons being pretty common in MC for guilds I raided with. I also remember the patch that Blizz put out that changed how addons would function and it broke the origial Decursive so it couldn't just clean out the raid in no time flat by spamming names. Of course we're trying to all go off of memory from 12-10~ years ago here.
    This is very true, I could be completely wrong because have hard time remembering what I did 10 hours ago... how can I be expected to remember 10 years ago perfectly?

I never said they didn't exist - just that they were not a thing to have like they are today. But you kinda just said the same thing as I'm trying to say "most part only raid leaders had them"
    You could get by without having them because unlike today, addons spammed all raid chat channels. So you could essentially just listen and get the same effect.

Addons that basically played for you are gone, though.

This is very true, I could be completely wrong because have hard time remembering what I did 10 hours ago... how can I be expected to remember 10 years ago perfectly?
    Haha exactly, I know I remember they great addon purge in MC as bosses that were well on farm thanks to people being used to quickly decursing became soulcrushing wipe fests as people had to learn how to properly decurse.

I don't remember when the first thread addons started but I feel like it was in TBC. I think boss addons like DBM and stuff were also in TBC. But my memory is shaky on those.

Haha exactly, I know I remember they great addon purge in MC as bosses that were well on farm thanks to people being used to quickly decursing became soulcrushing wipe fests as people had to learn how to properly decurse.

I don't remember when the first thread addons started but I feel like it was in TBC. I think boss addons like DBM and stuff were also in TBC. But my memory is shaky on those.
    Remember when x-pearl came out in TBC? Changed the outlook of addons forever!

Remember when x-pearl came out in TBC? Changed the outlook of addons forever!
    Perl was around in vanilla, and xperl was just a unitframe mod. A mediocre one, too.

Perl was around in vanilla, and xperl was just a unitframe mod. A mediocre one, too.
    True but it was just as clunky and still in beta pretty much - Also didn't it release like 4 months before BC anyway?

All addons were "mediocre" back then comparing to now.

True but it was just as clunky and still in beta pretty much - Also didn't it release like 4 months before BC anyway?

All addons were "mediocre" back then comparing to now.
    No mediocre as in there were better unitframe mobs available. I remember pitbull and I think shadowed unit frames debuted around the same time as xperl.
    I used to frequent the EJ UI forums around that time. The names escape me but perl was pretty meh as far as UI addons went.

No mediocre as in there were better unitframe mobs available. I remember pitbull and I think shadowed unit frames debuted around the same time as xperl.
    I used to frequent the EJ UI forums around that time. The names escape me but perl was pretty meh as far as UI addons went.
    Oh for sure there were better ones that came out around xpearl - I personally used SUF. But again, those were later on and not in vanilla.

Totalbiscuit and Jesse Cox weigh in on the issue:

Nost people need to get a champion that at least can get a call back. This looser keeps confirming everything said about him.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/72...654529?lang=es

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Nost people need to get a champion that at least can get a call back. This looser keeps confirming everything said about him.

yeah totally his fault Mike Morhaime is a degenerate who's too snobby to reply to an old coworker

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post

Well, even tho his creditability is weakened and he has left WoW early after start he still was the Team Lead of Vanilla WoW, the main product poeple of the Legacy crowd are asking for, his name was directly after Mike Morhaime in the Vanilla credits, so i dont think there would be a better person to "champion" at this point, even tho he is still only the messenger.