Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    They use Fluid Druid but there isn't much to see there because Blizzard hasn't done any work on Feral in a long time now.

This forum moves pretty slow these days, it's not hard to go back and find all the Feral threads. There is very little about Feral in Legion.

AoE is fixable since there is a talent specifically to address that. It is not clear that Blizzard wants to fix it which makes having a Level 100 talent specifically for that reason rather strange.
    And this is so disappointing. Do they need more feedback on the Alpha forums to see how bad a place Feral is in?

- - - Updated - - -

And it kills me that this thread remains so slow and void of updated feedback from Alpha. Not that it's anyone players or group of players fault. I feel like the attention the spec has been given is wanting.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    With the Savage Roar change, are they pretty much trying to kill the "I've got enough time on Rip and Savage Roar so I can sneak in a Ferocious Bite" gameplay, and more-or-less take FB out of the equation until nom nom nom phase?

Sounds like a sort-of backhanded simplification if you aren't worrying about trying to make that judgment call of when you can weave in FB between Rip and SR refreshes.
    I think they wanted it to be an option to make it the spec feel more like the old Wrath/Cataclysm-era Feral, where you had to juggle shorter timers, and Ferocious Bite was rarely used pre-execute phase.

The short duration also prevents it from being the best talent in every situation, since as the number of targets increases its power decreases (up to the point where you have so many targets that you can't effectively Rip them anymore, at least).

I would give feedback but I'm simply not in alpha. I think there's just a very large shortage of people in alpha. We have a few vocal theorycrafters/high end raiders but that's basically it. There also hasn't been a response to feedback mostly since the first few patches that ferals were in. So that's about it. Hopefully things change as we head into beta.

I was sooo hyped for the new Feral forms, and I was about to dust off my old Feral that I mained from TBC to Cata, and then slowly started playing again back in MoP, but what they have turned Feral into, is just a huuge dealbreaker for me. This is from a PvP perspective, the honor talents are a mess, and most of them are straight up terrible, the lack of cyclone is going to be a major bummer. The druid class has always been very interesting for me, especially feral but nothing but the artifact forms are hyping me. The gameplay seems somewhat fast paced rotationally wise (cannot confirm, no alpha access) but for PvP it looks like the spec will be miles behind Rogues, Enhance, DH and Monks whom all bring stronger CC, utility and funnier rotations. I am really bummed out about this.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I was sooo hyped for the new Feral forms, and I was about to dust off my old Feral that I mained from TBC to Cata, and then slowly started playing again back in MoP, but what they have turned Feral into, is just a huuge dealbreaker for me. This is from a PvP perspective, the honor talents are a mess, and most of them are straight up terrible, the lack of cyclone is going to be a major bummer. The druid class has always been very interesting for me, especially feral but nothing but the artifact forms are hyping me. The gameplay seems somewhat fast paced rotationally wise (cannot confirm, no alpha access) but for PvP it looks like the spec will be miles behind Rogues, Enhance, DH and Monks whom all bring stronger CC, utility and funnier rotations. I am really bummed out about this.
    I'm trying not to let it bum me out too much. I knew heading into the wait for Legion I wanted to switch to my Feral, ended up booping one instead of faction change, and I don't regret it, yet. I don't have alpha/beta either, but I'm gonna stay hopeful.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post

And it kills me that this thread remains so slow and void of updated feedback from Alpha. Not that it's anyone players or group of players fault. I feel like the attention the spec has been given is wanting.
    There has been a lot of feedback in the Alpha forums but Blizzard has ignored it.

They are rapidly approaching the point where more changes would not receive anywhere near adequate testing, but Feral sounds really horrible right now so it will be a Lose/Lose situation pretty soon.

No need to be all doom and gloom. Feral has its issues, for sure, but in general if you like it on live, it'll feel just as fun and familiar in legion. There's no point in worrying about damage numbers yet because tuning hasn't been done.

Any recent-ish updates on the level 75 talents? SotF, Incarn, SR?

Like, is SR still looking to be almost mandatory? :/

Realistically the viability of those talents will be discovered in the next bit of testing when they do actual tuning. From what I've seen SR is the best talent to take right now, but it very difficult to keep up especially if you talent into Jagged Wounds. I hope that SR simply isn't the best mathmatical talent for all, or even most, situations. I would love to have other options personally.

There is another issue that Feral has been an unfinished spec with an unfinished tool set for many years now. Even if they were to do a great job tuning, which would be the first time in 7 years, there would still be a lot of problems. Most of the current problems are design problems not tuning problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Realistically the viability of those talents will be discovered in the next bit of testing when they do actual tuning. From what I've seen SR is the best talent to take right now, but it very difficult to keep up especially if you talent into Jagged Wounds. I hope that SR simply isn't the best mathmatical talent for all, or even most, situations. I would love to have other options personally.
    I am not an experienced Feral player at all, but I cannot see a spec with both Savage Roar and Jagged Wounds working well. Adding a finishing move to the rotation while at the same time making another finishing move and a dot more demanding to maintain sounds like a real PITA.

On the flip side, the combination of Soul of the Forest and Jagged Wounds look to have good synergy in that the former helps to counter the negative effect of JW. The Sabertooth talent, removing Rip maintenance, looks to me to have good synergy with Savage Roar.

In conclusion, in my noob opinion, the spec options are going to be:
    Savage Roar + Sabertooth
    or
    Soul of the Forest + Jagged Wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    I am not an experienced Feral player at all, but I cannot see a spec with both Savage Roar and Jagged Wounds working well. Adding a finishing move to the rotation while at the same time making another finishing move and a dot more demanding to maintain sounds like a real PITA.

On the flip side, the combination of Soul of the Forest and Jagged Wounds look to have good synergy in that the former helps to counter the negative effect of JW. The Sabertooth talent, removing Rip maintenance, looks to me to have good synergy with Savage Roar.

Savage Roar + Sabertooth
    or
    Seems logical. Wish I could test some myself.

Seems logical. Wish I could test some myself.
    Me too Meanwhile my mythic friend barely uses his alpha access /sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Me too Meanwhile my mythic friend barely uses his alpha access /sigh.
    More surprise for later, less possibility of burning out. That's a halfway decent excuse.. >.>

More surprise for later, less possibility of burning out. That's a halfway decent excuse.. >.>
    Lol you're right though. So i've got that to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post

Savage Roar + Sabertooth
    or
    Yeah unfortunately it all comes down to tuning. I think the Savage Roar + Jagged wounds playstyle would be very difficult to juggle, bu if it turns out to be the best mathmatical combination, then our minds are made up for us in a raiding scenario. I hope it's not the case, but really, we're down to math on what and how we play in raids. Womp.

Another build yesterday.

What did Feral get?

Zero, Zilch, Nada.

Can't fix something you never work on.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Another build yesterday.

What did Feral get?

Zero, Zilch, Nada.

Can't fix something you never work on.
    You realize that internally they are always a few builds ahead of whats being tested right? No? Ok back to the sky falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    You realize that internally they are always a few builds ahead of whats being tested right? No? Ok back to the sky falling.
    I think we all know this, but to go this many weeks with little to no updates just makes us all cranky and sad.

I think we all know this, but to go this many weeks with little to no updates just makes us all cranky and sad.
    I get that but there are a massive amount classes and specs to balance so Im sure its going to take time. Luckily there are a few more months for them to continue to iron things out