Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by molvtv View Post
    BM has never been a "skilled" spec anyway... Don't fool yourself.
    Yeah that's right. But in this case why make the spec even easier than what it already is?

People have always made fun of hunters saying the class is easy, which is somewhat right. I expected a change in Legion and Blizzard heard me ... in the opposite way ...

There's a hard class anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There's a hard class anymore?
    Not sure ... But when I read threads about ability pruning and I see a lot of casual players happy with a 3-button rotation, I think I no longer belong to the targeted audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not sure ... But when I read threads about ability pruning and I see a lot of casual players happy with a 3-button rotation, I think I no longer belong to the targeted audience.
    Well i will tely this simply
    Atm there is no way to handle with Destro lock Sub rogue and mage with that crystal in Live but i have no problems at all to play with these 3 specs in legion.Is not the less buttons but how simple their rotations became its much more understandable so learning curve on these is easyer.Now back on the topic i just notice that Camoflage V2.0 works when you are mounted and i wonder its this is intended or bug

I think that surv is looking pretty decent actually. The kiting potential in PvP looks ridiculous!
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-04-27 at 09:49 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I think that surv is looking pretty decent actually. The kiting potential in PvP looks ridiculous!
    Melee spec => don't care.

If they were desperate to make a melee hunter they should have added a 4th spec. Or they could rename the current Survival to "Ranged Combat" (the old name for Marksmanship) or something and then re-add "Survival" as the melee spec. Or they could just not make melee hunters at all because it is utterly pointless and not nearly as interesting as people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Melee spec => don't care.

If they were desperate to make a melee hunter they should have added a 4th spec. Or they could rename the current Survival to "Ranged Combat" (the old name for Marksmanship) or something and then re-add "Survival" as the melee spec.
    Or, they could make Survival a unique spec focusing on traps and melee rather than a spec that's just MM with DoTs. Oh wait, they did. Good. A 4th spec wouldn't have worked, it would have to borrow too much from the other specs.

Or they could just not make melee hunters at all because it is utterly pointless and not nearly as interesting as people make it out to be.
    Because you're not interested in it, doesn't mean other people aren't.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I've been curious about something that perhaps you lovely people can enlighten me on.

In what world does traps make sense for a spec that fights in melee? I mean, other than as a defensive to let you get out of melee and recoup for a moment or something. But as an integral part of the core gameplay? Oh look, you're in a trap! Oh look, we're both still smashing each other's faces in! I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    In what world does traps make sense for a spec that fights in melee?
    World of Warcraft it seems

To be honest launching traps also doesn't make sense.

I see the traps and grenades as part of the Tinkerer fantasy Blizzard seems to want to support as part of the SV spec. Remember the turret talent that was later replaced with Spitting Cobra.

I've been curious about something that perhaps you lovely people can enlighten me on.

In what world does traps make sense for a spec that fights in melee? I mean, other than as a defensive to let you get out of melee and recoup for a moment or something. But as an integral part of the core gameplay? Oh look, you're in a trap! Oh look, we're both still smashing each other's faces in! I don't get it.
    you're talking about the team that created the shitshow of a spec that is BM. what do you expect?

I think arguing over what "makes sense" regarding traps is a fools errand. I mean, the idea of a trap is you set it where you are, leave, and later trap something. The idea of Trap Launcher and shooting traps makes no sense, but the idea of running at something and dropping a trap on them in melee and having it activate instantly while you are still there makes no sense either. The only way traps would "make sense" is if you would drop them, move away, and they are activated later, but that would be horrible gameplay wise.

If any spec should have traps though, it is definitely melee survival, since literally shooting a trap through the sky at your target has to be one of the most hamfisted ways of fixing something in game history (not that I didn't appreciate it!). I will always miss vanilla and scatter -> FD/trapping though, but the game is way different now and I definitely wouldn't want out of combat only traps back either...

There are so many ways they could approach giving each spec for making them uniques:

- one spec about dots, one about heavy damage, one about quick but low damage
    - one about buffing own shots, one about buffing pet damage, and one about debuffing target (be damage, movement, whatever...)
    - one about aoe damage, one about single target, and the last one a mix, (dont really like this, but serves as an example)

and we could continue, also you can mix ideas (dots, pet damage, aoe,.....).

Instead, we have BM: your pet does EVERYTHING (i'm not gonna enter in mechanics....) while you stand ranged doing.... almost nothing (you have cobra shot and multishot, wow, 2 choices, [again, not talking about focus mechanics]); MM: the only one semidecent, that in my opinion will be the one majority will play; and SV: the one everyone will try and most will think "hey, why i am playing a melee this bad, when there are so many good melee classes out there?" and leave it behind.

(that is always assuming one of the spec is not OP and does so much more damage than the others that has to be a must).
    Last edited by Geran; 2016-04-28 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Focusing on traps and melee? You mean drop explosive trap on cool down? And then there's the same slow trap we have always had. Wow what a focus. It's almost as if nothing has changed. But hey it's a spec that focuses on traps for sure. what unique fantasy! Wow this change is fantastic! So damn unique and different. Let's make this class melee because we had no idea what to do with it and a long time ago survival had some melee abilities. The fans will love it. Fucking spare me. The spec fucking blows. You want to go be a melee go play another melee class. It has no business being a spec for the hunter class. Go play enhance shaman or demon hunter, both are a blast and receive about 100 time more attention than survival does. That means it will actually be decent to play in legion. Survival is a dumpster fire, it will be the least played spec in legion for a reason. Focuses on traps though! All 3 of them.
    They receive more attention because there are less people like you bashing the spec just because its range :P MM being in a fine spot, according to Hunters (I hate it personally), gets more attention than BM or SV which are in way worse place... That's why you can't have nice things...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    They receive more attention because there are less people like you bashing the spec just because its range :P MM being in a fine spot, according to Hunters (I hate it personally), gets more attention than BM or SV which are in way worse place... That's why you can't have nice things...
    Yes, everything wrong with the game is the fault of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Yes, everything wrong with the game is the fault of the players.
    Mate, alpha is out there for a reason. Not so some people can feel better, but so they pass feedback. "it's shit! omgz!!!11!!!!1oneeoene!1" is not a feedback. If players don't discuss the spec, then devs a) will assume they're happy with it, especially with such toxic community which only talks about bad things b) won't know what's bad after getting bashed for a certain spec being bad. Of course they could just fix what they thing is wrong, but hey! It'll end up with them putting resources into something that may have to be changed anyway... So why not leave it as it is and work on spec which get a proper feedback.

Mate, alpha is out there for a reason. Not so some people can feel better, but so they pass feedback. "it's shit! omgz!!!11!!!!1oneeoene!1" is not a feedback. If players don't discuss the spec, then devs a) will assume they're happy with it, especially with such toxic community which only talks about bad things b) won't know what's bad after getting bashed for a certain spec being bad. Of course they could just fix what they thing is wrong, but hey! It'll end up with them putting resources into something that may have to be changed anyway... So why not leave it as it is and work on spec which get a proper feedback.
    I kind of agree with this. I don't know exactly what feedback Alpha testers are giving Blizzard, but if it's like it is in these forums it's not looking good. Feedback on mmo-c is mostly "it's shit" or "doesn't feel good," and a lot won't emphasize. Players like Azor will give better feedback when asked directly about it or if confronted, and I can't speak for him and say his feedback in Alpha is the same to devs, but assuming some Alpha testers are just stating things like that does not bode well. Less chance of Blizzard taking a good look at a spec. All I have seen from people that do active streams and the like are going in and raid/dungeon testing with the same spec over and over, with every class playing the same spec and providing feedback on that spec. In this case, it seems like all the focus is on MM.
    The blue posts about each class doesn't make me feel any better. When someone posts in forums has good feedback about why a spec doesn't play well with things like focus Regen per second or the way abilities work with each other and the blue responses we see are towards things like "will we still have glyphs to make our pet smaller" or "will Hunters finally get mace xmogs?" Just makes me worried about the FotM spec thing continuing instead of having all be inherently well off.

There is a lot of constructive feedback on the official forums now. Your point is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    There is a lot of constructive feedback on the official forums now. Your point is irrelevant.
    "now" is the keyword :P

nobody's bothering to give the shit spec attention anymore because the original feedback is still relevant and it's gotten 0 response or change.

"now" is the keyword :P
    I took issue with the lack of feedback like a month ago. Since then there's been quite a bit of thorough and thoughtful feedback in the BM alpha thread, and all we've seen from the devs is that Hati should now follow commands and has that ridiculous death CD primarily for PvP, and it should have almost no effect on PvE. There's no sensible reason to continue giving feedback at this point.