Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kenya Begins Building Wall Along Somali Border

What's good enough for Hungary and now the Somalis and good enough for President Obama should definitely be good enough for the US:

http://www.defensenews.com/story/def...abab/83553482/

GABORONE, Botswana — Kenya has confirmed it will begin construction of a 700-kilometer-long security wall along the northeastern border with Somalia as part of a broader national security plan to curb cross-border terror attacks by Somali terrorist group al-Shabab.

Addressing the media in Nairobi over the weekend, Kenya's Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery said that contrary to assertions by the Somali government and some influential clans and communities on either side of the border, the fence would not limit or deter the movement of people between the two countries.

Instead, he said the fence would limit cross-border terrorist movements and enable the country to prevent attacks which have killed more than 400 people in the country since 2012.

On Sunday, the Kenyan government secured the support of the Maheran clan, an armed and influential Somali border community that was until now bitterly opposed to the plan. In January this year, at least 80 Kenyan soldiers died in the Maheran clan communal area in an attack Kenyan officials believe was carried out with the help of local clan militias.

“This wall will help us check on people like al-Shabab from crossing to and from Somalia. We will not limit movement of other people. There is a need for joint cooperation between both countries and our leaders in dealing with terrorism, which has affected us negatively,” Nkaissery said.

He said the security barrier consists of a concrete wall ringed with a barbed-wire electric fence and trenches. It will also have observation posts where electronic surveillance cameras will be installed to monitor movements on either side of the border.

Additionally, the wall will have border posts in Mandera, Lamu and three other border towns. The project is fully funded by the Kenyan government, with labor coming from the Ministry of Transport and the National Youth Service, while the Kenya Defence Forces provides security to the construction crews.
    In before the tunnels crew: there's ways to deal with that and have been for hundreds of years.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

And they make Somalis pay for it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

What does this have to do with Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    And they make Somalis pay for it.
    Ayy Lmao

/10char

As long as they don't build it 300-style..

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    What does this have to do with Obama?
    A quip at Obama for making his white-house fence higher as his link suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As long as they don't build it 300-style..

A quip at Obama for making his white-house fence higher as his link suggests.
    Was that Obama's decision or the Secret Service's? Looks like it was the Secret Service.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new plan from President Do Nal Kiptrumpeh

Was that Obama's decision or the Secret Service's? Looks like it was the Secret Service.
    Well, I don't really care. I took it as an attempt at humor, so I choose not be offended in Mr. Obama's place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    A new plan from President Do Nal Kiptrumpeh
    If that actually were his name this would be the best punch line in a long while .

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they don't have any of these in Somalia.

Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well, I don't really care. I took it as an attempt at humor, so I choose not be offended in Mr. Obama's place.

- - - Updated - - -

If that actually were his name this would be the best punch line in a long while .
    OMG I hope that is his actual name. I doubt it is, but I really hope so.

You do know that he is in charge of the Secret Service, as well as all government agencies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

don't be silly, they will likely use one of these. hopefully al- shabob doesnt have US $94.95+ $15.45 S&H
    they can even safely bring their captured children over with them
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You do know that he is in charge of the Secret Service, as well as all government agencies, right?
    My bad, I forgot that he is the monarch and supreme overlord of all decisions in the government. Clearly he is the president of Kenya as well, since he was born there and they keep stealing his ideas.

How did walls become trendy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Kenya great again!

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Yeah, good luck with that:

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kenyan engineering is suspect at the very best.

Somalis can probably jump/climb pretty well too.

walls dead lol
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

It was the Secret Service, I was just pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of selective border protection.

Can we send Trump there to be president now?

I can scarcely think of a more pathetic attempt to sell that stupid wall.