Morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That sounds fun That boss gave me a lot of trouble. Just ignore the adds and attack the bosses weakpoints.
    Whoo
    Was running around trying to do everything possible before going there, so I guess that's my only way forward now. Only thing I haven't done yet is killing the Dancer, but not sure I even want to try that now.
    That knight with the red eyes you warned me for, turned out to be easy.. So far for almost all normal monsters I know how to defeat them without getting hit, feels good. Just those 2 zombies that transform to a mini Iudex are a pain in the ass, I really don't know how to defeat those without just staying out of range and throwing 5-6 firebombs D:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0jiDmDj

RIP indeed. Feel even worse than normal. Definitely needed to be woken up 2.5 hours early so I could fill out an application (which took less than five minutes to complete).

That's actually how I dealt with those guys at first. If you know they're there, sprint in and kill them before they transform and just avoid the whole mess. They are weak to fire when transformed. You don't want to do the Dancer just yet, that's about the half way point in the game and you have a slew of bosses/areas before that. You'll come back, don't worry.

RIP ICED

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That's actually how I dealt with those guys at first. If you know they're there, sprint in and kill them before they transform and just avoid the whole mess. They are weak to fire when transformed. You don't want to do the Dancer just yet, that's about the half way point in the game and you have a slew of bosses/areas before that. You'll come back, don't worry.
    I know where they are (at least, those 2 on High Wall of Lothric), but the second always transforms. The first simply dies in one hit (the one close to the first bonfire), but the second didn't even get a healthbar until it transformed New tactic is just to sprint past it and since I opened all shortcuts there I just take one of those.
    Dancer I know that you get there later again, but I see people suggesting to kill it early for a boost.

One thing I don't like about this game is how obscure quests are. You either find the NPC wherever it decides to go, or you miss it, I didn't really see any real indicators for quest progression so far.

Oh, one more question, I'm doing those Yoel of Londor free level things and getting Hollowing levels. Does that affect my character in any way? Can't seem to find anything about the stat on the webz.

Yeah, eventually I got to the point of just sprinting past everything, rushing to the next bonfire.

That's actually intentially designed. The game encourages you to check every little nook and cranny for anything and everything. It doesn't hold your hand.

So the hallowing stat does nothing to effect your stats, however it does effect your appearance. It also carries through new game+ and costs about 400xSL in souls to remove, a right pain as I'm lvl 92 and at 99 hallowing.

If it only affects appearance, why remove it?

10+ Year Old Account

Hai everyone.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HO88Hwk

http://imgur.com/gallery/hyps5oZ

http://imgur.com/gallery/PEWJu3o

http://imgur.com/gallery/ArfVu

http://imgur.com/gallery/ifYMp

Hi Strikered!

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    But swapping batteries out mid-run or biking isn't that fun. ^^
    And that means the video gets cut as well. But wouldn't the black have that feature as well? I thought it had all the same features of the silver + more (except for the LCD display).
    The batteries last like 2 hours and I thought you could turn the LCD off on the Silver? Nothing wrong with a cut in the video, pretty much everyone does it.
    I guess if you're running for over 2 hours straight and don't want to cut the video, it might be an issue.

Yea I guess the downhill ones need some more advanced suspension and better quality frame.
    And since it's for a special style of mountain biking, they can charge more.

Nice dirt bike though, even if it is the wrong color still.
    Green is best color

Deleted
    Why can't you just use a normal mountain bike?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Why can't you just use a normal mountain bike?
    The frame and suspension are designed specifically for downhill and downhill only. Using a standard MTB for downhill courses would make it even more difficult. A standard mountain bike is more versatile but is not as good for downhill obstacle races as one designed for it.

It's like taking a random car to an F1 race. Not the best analogy, but whatevs.
    I wouldn't take a trail bike to an MX race.

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2016-04-28 at 06:07 PM.

In what way is Rotten Greatwood actually hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my first test footage uploaded. (plays better on chrome)

10+ Year Old Account
    Red beard :P

Quality looks good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    The frame and suspension are designed specifically for downhill and downhill only. Using a standard MTB for downhill courses would make it even more difficult. A standard mountain bike is more versatile but is not as good for downhill obstacle races as one designed for it.

It's like taking a random car to an F1 race. Not the best analogy, but whatevs.
    I wouldn't take a trail bike to an MX race.

[video=youtube;a5vTA4L_PB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vTA4L_PB4[/v ideo]
    I don't quite get how it can make that big of a difference though

I love how the official GoPro channel don't even have 60fps And it looks amazingly fun

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, give a clip of you riding now, pOO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Need moar!
    I might upload a bit more footage late today or tomorrow. The snow halted my ride pretty quickly and I didn't get much footage that I liked. I was trying to get to the top of the mountain so I could do my hill climb area, but I couldn't make it to the top.

I will get better footage during my next ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Red beard :P

Quality looks good.
    Yeah, that video made my beard look super red. It's more of a blonde/red, at least I think so.

Played around with it a bit and finally got decent quality when uploading as mp4.

I don't quite get how it can make that big of a difference though
    The downhill MTB is angled way back and has suspension with super long travel designed for downhill courses. With a standard MTB you will be leaning much farther forward, and have quite a bit less travel on your suspension, making it much easier for you to fall forward and bottom out your shocks. I think downhill MTB's are geared quite a bit differently since they are really only designed for downhill.

look at the crazy angle on this one http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/con...bike_2016.jpeg

If these people had a standard MTB, they would be leaning farther forward and more likely to wreck. http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.co...11s-700-80.jpg

I love how the official GoPro channel don't even have 60fps And it looks amazingly fun
    I think it's silly that they don't use the 60fps feature that would make their videos even more amazing.
    It's like using a really nice computer for solitaire.

Oh yeah, give a clip of you riding now, pOO!
    Maybe. My riding clips were kind of slow and boring because I was checking out the area to see how the riding conditions were. I also got started way later than I wanted and didn't have my time to do anything. The trails were washed out and rutted like crazy making for an awful ride. Not being able to get to my trails because of the snow didn't help things either.

So much talking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

So much talking!
    Shhhh, not so loud D: