Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

You can't really think that's too much? Plus it's only Part One.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't drag out the remaining phases with pointless grinding and then deliver flying in the last patch of the game, then ok. So far there's nothing to worry about other than the precedent of disappointing us. I don't mind having a larger accomplishment like that, though it is weird that in an era where attunement for raiding is 100% unacceptable to the masses, they put attunement on riding your mounts. That's a bit illogical, but w/e I guess.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    You are proberly gonna get most of the achievement points by just lvling up your main character So it seems like a decent size pathfinder gate, which might even get people to do some daily quests with
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Flying isn't a core ability

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Flying isn't a core ability
    What do you define as core then?

OT: I'm fine with the steps for the achievement, but not with the fact that this isn't the achievement to get flying! It's to get faster mount speed. It's useless. It means we won't get flying until one of the last patches, instead of as soon as you can get the achievement done. It also means I won't be buying Legion

Quote Originally Posted by sauoasch View Post
    time gated content is so much fun... not
    Flying =/= content.

Too steep and incomplete.

They also planned on having an epic quest chain to unlock flying for patch 6.1 in WoD. Planned doesn't work if you don't really have a plan in place....

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Yeah ... we got flying in WoD like 12 month before Legion comes out. We also don't know if there will be more steps, but each step gives a reward of some sort, the first stage gives you a mounted speed increase.
    They have gone as far as giving an incremental reward, AND stating specifically in the name that it is just the first part.
    Unless plans change dramatically, unlikely given the "solid plan" they have then there will be more.

Blizzard's plan continues to be pushing people through the content in the belief that will make it enjoyable.
    If it isn't that the first time, it won't be that a dozen times later.

The reputations may come in part from general play, but revered seems rather a high bar there.
    Plus the need for some large number of world quests, something I really hope can be account-wide.
    This may come in time for players doing it as it comes, but for those starting late I can see the same problems that the WoD version has.
    It becomes tedious, and as players gain flying or at least the faster mount speed and whatever else there is, it becomes harder to compete and therefore it drags it out for those players even more.
    Look at how difficult it is for players still in that grind in Tanaan, to get rares when a significant number if not a majority can fly.

If the world quests are going to remain so relevant, then I can see such late starting players being forced out of the solo quests and into groups ones that last long enough for them to reach.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-29 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Flying is not a "core ability".

Doesn't seem that bad, I don't think I would consider flight a "core ability" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What do you define as core then?
    Anything that is so important to something that it cannot possibly be removed without changing the nature of the thing. Since flying isn't actually needed for anything, it can't be core.

That aside, the requirements don't strike me as particularly steep. You're going to have months to do all of that before the actual flight ability even becomes available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    We do. They've told us, these will be levelling reps with no grinding. Think akin to the Hozen/Jinyu factions. (maybe slightly harder for some that require world quests, which will be done as another part of the achie anyway)
    Then i really hope the alpha is missing the rep from quests because atm i'm friendly at 110 having finished all the zones.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Good thing it isn't time gated, it's effort gated.

Flying is not a core ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to instant gratification content? Most content is a time gate in one form or another. Some are straight wait X time. Some are invest X time in quest to get the next quest, some are spend X time earning Rep. It is all designed around investing time into the game to get a reward. Which isn't a bad thing in any form because it should mean you are spending time doing what you like and playing the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Flying is definitely a core part of the game or else it wouldn't be gated.

If it isn't core part of the game then it can be available at launch immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    As opposed to instant gratification content? Most content is a time gate in one form or another. Some are straight wait X time. Some are invest X time in quest to get the next quest, some are spend X time earning Rep. It is all designed around investing time into the game to get a reward. Which isn't a bad thing in any form because it should mean you are spending time doing what you like and playing the game.
    Re-earning flying doesn't fit the progression system of a MMORPG. You are not becoming stronger you are merely gaining what you lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Brawler's Guild was/is gated, that means it's also a core part of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

If it isn't core part of the game then it can be available at launch immediately.
    That doesn't make any sense. If anything the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    holy smokes. I am all for putting in some effort, but flying is a core ability.

I hope blizzard does not use slow travel like they did in Draenor to slow content consumption.
    Yep. Also note that particular achievement is only part 1. It doesn't unlock flying; you'll need more achievements to actually fly.

They won't let you fly in Broken Isles until the last patch of the expansion.

There is no way this is changing-- the devs very strongly believe WoW is better without flying. Either suck it up or quit. I chose the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Brawler's Guild was/is gated, that means it's also a core part of the game?
    For MOP it was definitely a core feature of the expansion. Yes.