Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

-SPOILERS- Warrior Champions

Anyone else feel bothered that the other classes all have characters and heroes of all races and creed from previous expansions and old faces we recall yet Warriors...all we get are Vyrkul, an Iron Dwarf and Two Titan Watchers.

I was sort of assuming when we were made the "fist living" Valajar, we were meant to go and find other warriors to join us from all over Azeroth not just bloody Vyrkul, any maybe see former great warriors like Grom and Anduin Lothar returned to us in order to help defeat the Legion.

Maybe since it still Alpha, is anyone else bothered by this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest. You'll see players of both factions and all races once this goes live, so you'll essentially get what you're asking for.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    There aren't any major Warriors left in lore it seems.

Deleted
    Add Bajheraa as a NPC, done.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Absolutely not.

No thanks. If you want to fanboi over some wowceleb thats your business but I'd like to avoid adding more into the game.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TalinSilverbane View Post
    Maybe since it still Alpha, is anyone else bothered by this?
    Until we get close to release (and the whole order hall is done), they might just be not implemented yet - did not check this week's path notes, but usually each patch brought a few more instead of the countless placeholders.

Deleted
    jesus you are insane

The good wow celebreties are the ones that kept quiet and only cared about contributing to betas or pumping out videos.

People like him or Towliee that will suck blizzard´s cock for anything are not welcome in this game they cant even master it but claim they do and are knowledgeable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There aren't any major Warriors left in lore it seems.
    Same thing for Warlocks basically. They don't have any heroes. The best they can manage for Warlocks is a few NPCs from the Green Fire questline. They still feel like random nobodies for the most part.

It's quite a contrast from the Death Knight questline with the Horsemen or the Paladin Order Hall full of heroes. Other classes have all these cool things and some classes are simply feeling left out. I hope it's simply not finished yet, but we'll see.

Deleted
    He already has his NPC in Ashran.

And the reason, why there arent any "known" warriors from previous expansion, is simply that there arent many living characters (if there are any at all) from the playable races that dont want to kill us.

Well as other people have said, who is even left at this point?

It's almost like making Valhalla for the warrior's class hall makes no sense and was a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of warriors and Trollbanes, be kinda cool if the Alliance story involved going to Stromgarde behind the Ebon Blade and retaking it with Danath heading up the survivors of Refuge Pointe, giving the Alliance a foothold in the northern Eastern Kingdoms while working on making Gilneas re-inhabitable.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    He already is a NPC in Ashran. Along with people like Venruki, Swifty and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Same thing for Warlocks basically. They don't have any heroes. The best they can manage for Warlocks is a few NPCs from the Green Fire questline. They still feel like random nobodies for the most part.

It's quite a contrast from the Death Knight questline with the Horsemen or the Paladin Order Hall full of heroes. Other classes have all these cool things and some classes are simply feeling left out. I hope it's simply not finished yet, but we'll see.
    Well when constantly trucking with evil and never seeking any kind of redemption/seek heroics to protect one's home, you're bound to have no heroes.

Look I play a Warlock myself, and individually, I'd like to think his reasons for using fel magics and demons is for the greater good. He's most likely going to be devoured by the evils he works with even his proverbial soul being destroyed by it, but he's doing it for the sake of his home regardless...so as the individual warlock...his actions are heroic right? He's gonna die horribly and he knows it, but he does what he does regardless?

Yet as a collective...Warlocks are not really looking for the same thing right? This is why there is no true heroes of the class...perhaps a few notable mentions in terms of skill and power...but heroes? Warriors by nature are individuals with varying reasons for heroics or just epic-martial-prowess, this is why the hero trope doesn't really translate to the collective.

Paladins and Death Knights (in current lore in the current game) are an order with a collective purpose. Either they are defending their homeland or atoning for past evils, their actions are all one in the same here. They have individual reasons for doing so, but each reason funnels back to the collective purpose. In a way their reasoning is the opposite to either the Warlock or Warrior...but it is the reason more "Heroes of note" appear with dk and paladins.

To sum up:

Warlock/Warrior=Individual's that banded together to make a collective
    Death Knight/Paladin=Collective order made up of individuals that have reasons to support/defend the collective.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's pretty much trash. If Valhalla is the place where heroic warriors supposedly go after dying, it's questionable why there are no known NPCs of ours there (Grom, Lothar, etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Yet as a collective...Warlocks are not really looking for the same thing right? This is why there is no true heroes of the class...perhaps a few notable mentions in terms of skill and power...but heroes? Warriors by nature are individuals with varying reasons for heroics or just epic-martial-prowess, this is why the hero trope doesn't really translate to the collective.
    Doesn't that completely undermine the entire point of Class Order Halls? Isn't it supposed to be a collective working together? If it's just you then I don't see the point. It would be 5 steps backwards compared to the Garrison army you commanded.

Deleted
    Doesn't that completely undermine the entire point of Class Order Halls? Isn't it supposed to be a collective working together? If it's just you then I don't see the point. It would be 5 steps backwards compared to the Garrison army you commanded.
    Not in the case of warlocks. Even with the Black Harvest, the main purpose of the warlock is to build up his own power. That's why Warlock Order Hall is about building up something new, getting your demon army and recruiting the warlocks you "trust" (control). Much like the Sith Inquisitor in SWtOR.

Pretty much this.

I was interested in the idea of class order halls, but given the way Warrior's has been turning out on the alpha, I'd rather have been given the choice to promote 6 of my garrison followers to champions and bring them with me. Seriously, we're supposed to be the Warrior Leader who is not leading a single other warrior? And I am pretty sure we are the only class hall where it makes absolutely no sense in the lore for other warrior PCs to even be there. The whole thing is sloppily done, not that warriors expect much better from Blizzard at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    And I am pretty sure we are the only class hall where it makes absolutely no sense in the lore for other warrior PCs to even be there.
    No single class order hall makes sense for other PCs being there lorewise, you and you alone are the one class leader there.