Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Just found out BoS is being removed in Legion.

Haven't really been keeping up with the updates in Legion, but out of curiosity I decided to poke around on a calculator and noticed my favorite ability is being taken away. I've been on the rocks about playing my Rogue in Legion (or even playing legion at all) and I think this was just frosting on the cake. I've played my Rogue since mid vanilla, it's always been such a fun class but now it just seems extremely dull.

Blizzard Logic: Take a way movement from rogues because people complain and give DH 17 movement abilities..
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    Haven't really been keeping up with the updates in Legion, but out of curiosity I decided to poke around on a calculator and noticed my favorite ability is being taken away. I've been on the rocks about playing my Rogue in Legion (or even playing legion at all) and I think this was just frosting on the cake. I've played my Rogue since mid vanilla, it's always been such a fun class but now it just seems extremely dull.

Blizzard Logic: Take a way movement from rogues because people complain and give DH 17 movement abilities..
    Rogue had to fight tool and nail to get Sub Shadow Step back. It was really bad early on.

to be fair bos is a really dumb ability for everyone but the rogue

7+ Year Old Account
    BoS was simply just OP. You sacrificed a bit dmg/energi for constant movement speed. It either needed to be nerfed or removed, they choose the later. Hopefully they have given us more teleports such as shadowsteep improvements.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    BoS was simply just OP. You sacrificed a bit dmg/energi for constant movement speed. It either needed to be nerfed or removed, they choose the later. Hopefully they have given us more teleports such as shadowsteep improvements.
    Shadow Step is a longer cool down in Legion so that isn't an improvement. What is an improvement is Shadowstrike I guess?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Shadow Step is a longer cool down in Legion so that isn't an improvement. What is an improvement is Shadowstrike I guess?
    Again, i don't know what they are doing with the movement in Legion, since i aint on the Alpha, but i hope that they put more power into the blink-behind-people, with all specs, instead of the constant 80% movement speed, which just pisses off other classes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I disagree I think BoS should have been balanced better than outright removal. Shadow Strike is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more overpowered than BoS...it is not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst of speed was imbalanced, no one needs to be able to maintain 100% uptime (or anywhere near it) on a +70% movement speed ability. That shit made any BG with flags to cap complete BS... Not to mention it was also a 3s CD that removed all slows on the user.

This is coming from someone who has played a rogue since 2005 - I am happy it is gone, it was a stupid ability.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I'm mad its gone they should remove it for PvP and keep it for PvE

Is my favorite talent

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I'm mad its gone they should remove it for PvP and keep it for PvE

Is my favorite talent
    Being able to move that quickly while stealthed is why they took it out.

Seriously, I would be totally happy if they made it so it didn't work in BG's, or Arena's, but removing it outright is a slap in the face. This was such a useful ability for farming, leveling, grinding. Being able to maintain decent speed while in stealth, and going from mob to mob was amazing. Now we have to go back to the old way of mounting up, inadvertently aggroing something from somewhere, getting in combat, having to blow vanish cooldown, and then go to attack the mob only to have your opener get evade bugged. What fun that was. May as well remove stealth too while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Ever done a flag carry map with a rogue? If you're in a random bg at your graveyard and a rogue picks up the flag, if you mount up and run to get your flag he might still beat you there. It's way too good, nonsensically so, making rogues the only real choice for flag carrier for the past few years.
    So make it not work when carrying the flag, or make it not work in pvp. It sucks that they remove such a huge quality of life improvement for farming/grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    So make it not work when carrying the flag, or make it not work in pvp. It sucks that they remove such a huge quality of life improvement for farming/grinding.
    Ok then give DK the same thing, let them spend runes to get a speed boost with no cooldown. or any other class. Would it make you feel like they deserve it too? I enjoyed it on my rogue but it is so broken it is ridiculous.

They have been all over the place with their logic/reasoning for adding and removing things in Legion. Take away fist weaving from monks because they don't like making classes fight to heal or have to interact with mobs the way they did. Then just slide that sort of play style over to disc. Strip away healing from different tanks because it doesn't feel tanky, meanwhile DH the new tank is a very strong healing tank and DK still are. Really the people that speak for Blizzard are clueless or they don't know what is going on in their own shop.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ok then give DK the same thing, let them spend runes to get a speed boost with no cooldown. or any other class. Would it make you feel like they deserve it too? I enjoyed it on my rogue but it is so broken it is ridiculous.
    I already explained why it is an extremely useful quality of life tool specific to rogues in my post above.

This was such a useful ability for farming, leveling, grinding. Being able to maintain decent speed while in stealth, and going from mob to mob was amazing. Now we have to go back to the old way of mounting up, inadvertently aggroing something from somewhere, getting in combat, having to blow vanish cooldown, and then go to attack the mob only to have your opener get evade bugged. What fun that was. May as well remove stealth too while you're at it.
    And to be honest, i really don't care if every class has a similar ability, if they are restricted in pvp. Why would I care then? Their ability to grind at a reasonable speed doesn't affect me. I just don't see it being as useful for other classes though because they don't have stealth, which requires you to not be on a mount, and not be in combat. Walking from mob to mob in stealth while questing, or grinding is a real pain in the ass. And not doing so makes you give up your ability to use openers.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2016-05-01 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    I already explained why it is an extremely useful quality of life tool specific to rogues in my post above.
    That much mobility while being in stealth is the issue, no one should be able to move mount speed indefinitely while on foot and while stealthed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That much mobility while being in stealth is the issue, no one should be able to move mount speed indefinitely while on foot and while stealthed lol.
    But why does it matter? How does it hurt the game? You aren't explaining why, you're just saying that it is. The only time i've seen people complain about it was in flag-running bgs. I also see people complaining about tanks who are near impossible to kill while running the flag as well, does it mean that tanks should be nerfed in every other aspect of the game because of flag-running bgs? Even if it is too powerful in that one circumstance, then just make it not usable while running a flag. How does it hurt the game if I want to be able to grind mobs with a 70% movement speed buff?

BoS being removed isn't that huge, idk if you pvp or pve. But from a PVP side you get a Honor Talent that allows you to always move 5% faster than w/e you are on, only time you will have issue is when needing to close a gap/get away and then you can just shadowstep or grappling hook. I'm sure they threw around the idea of keeping BoS in the game but adding a CD to nerf it a bit but it would feel to much like sprint.

Rogues are kinda OP in WoD, you have a 30% dmg reduction and a 70% movement speed increase. And nether of them have a CD, made rogues super OP in BGs for carrying flag. Not to mention the amount of great CDs you have like evasion or Cloaks. You should of known utility was going to get nerfed in Legion.

I been playing Alpha pvping on a rogue and beside from being energy starved all the time as Sub it is well better then pvp in WoD.

It is op, it needs to go. Ill miss it though, makes clearing old raids so much easier.

Man if one ability somehow made you quit WoW... then you probably don't like it that much to begin with.