10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well once again Fromsoftware has stated that this is indeed the end. I still remain sceptical given how much money this one has made but on the other hand 'sometimes dead is better' and in going mainstream as "le hard meh may" game the souls community is just as garbage as any other now. Just the other day i saw ENB and German Spy, two of the biggest names going back to Demon's getting heckled by the screamer streamer contingent because they were "playing souls wrong" as though thats even a thing.
    Funny you mention that as we're talking about Hawkwood, someone who left his "community" because he "wasn't playing the right way" by using a shield! =D
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Funny you mention that as we're talking about Hawkwood, someone who left his "community" because he "wasn't playing the right way" by using a shield! =D
    Oh no! someone playing a largely single player game IN THE WAY THEY WANT TO!!?!

Its just a dick swinging contest now. You think you are having fun? well tuff shit friendo, you think you are but you arent having REAL fun because you arent hardcore enough!

I've been playing souls games since Demons and i can give a confident "eat shit" reply to these dickheads that think these games are hard, and worse something to brag about. They are 3D castlevania done right. Like Shovel Knight they are a revival of a school of gameplay and player control normally reserved nowadays as nostalgic rememberings of the 80's and 90's home console experience.

They are not a competition nor an excuse to show how much of an immature child who "rages" at videogames they are.

They are douchebags of the exact same sort people used to assume were kept in a quarantine zone filled only with competitive first person shooters and sports games. But here they are, telling you the fun you are having is fake fun because they watched a video of pewdiepie breaking a controller and didnt realise hes acting.

and the sad thing is the bigger an ip gets the more they out number the traditional audience.

Remember when videogames were just about having fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Dunno what they're on about, bucklers are OP as shit and everyone should use one.

I dunno, DS3's community doesn't seem any worse than DS2's ever did. There are always going to be wankers in any community. Most of the good content creators and personalities like Jund, Iron Pineapple, InfernoPlus, etc all made the jump to DS3.

I actually uninstalled, though. I was about a third of the way through a new playthrough, intending to replace my original Herald starter with a Deprived just for more ultimate flexibility in builds, and... god, it's so fucking boring. There just aren't very many weapons options, and many weapons are simply inferior to others. It's impossible to justify using much other than a straight sword over the red halberd, because halberds are just THAT GOOD in PvP and in PvE.

And PvE is frankly very boring. There are very few enemies that you CAN'T just simply R1 spam into the dirt. Even the really big, scary monsters like the facehump ghrus and the red-eyed crucifix guys that tend to panic new players fall before the mighty stunlock spam.

Remember when videogames were just about having fun?
    That's what indie games are for, and sometimes HD remasters of old games (the HD remasters for RE4, REmake, and RE0 are all excellent, for example, and I've heard the FF7 and FF9 remasters are also superb.)

I've been playing Sunless Sea and the browser game that ties into it, Fallen London. Pretty fun so far.

Indie games do run out of steam faster than AAA titles tend to. I've read that critics felt Sunless Sea was too grindy and I can see where they're coming from. But that's fine - indie games are also much cheaper than AAA games and aren't trying to do everything. I can buy Hyper Light Drifter, Axiom Verge, and another high-quality indie title for the same price it'd cost to buy the Doom reboot, for example.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2016-04-28 at 06:18 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Even the really big, scary monsters like the facehump ghrus and the red-eyed crucifix guys that tend to panic new players fall before the mighty stunlock spam.
    From Soft always made the most intimidating enemies the biggest pushovers.

Anyway, with certain zone returning, guess who is back.

Last edited by Verdugo; 2016-04-28 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats actually a pretty clever way to give the player a sense of empowerment on the devs part i think. Right above the courtyard exit of Iosefkas clinic in Bloodbourne theres this huge guy with a halberd who get reskinned for DS3 as the halberd winged knight and the moment you figure out this one shotting monster is a parry tutorial plopped next to a lantern they go from intimidating to "and here comes the swing, time to hit the i wind button with the blunderbuss" for an easy riposte.

Its a good way to make the player feel they have gotten better compared to just beefing your numbers and going to the first area and one shotting base dudes, that just makes the world feel less threatening compared to learning how to tackle the big guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because silver knights and black knights are much tougher in DS3. They do way more damage comparatively so parrying is riskier. They also move around like they actually weigh a decent amount rather than "naked dude with armor skin."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I was about a third of the way through a new playthrough, intending to replace my original Herald starter with a Deprived just for more ultimate flexibility in builds, and... god, it's so fucking boring.
    I'm still enjoying DS3, although i still thinks its just a solid 7/10 and doesnt compare to any game in the trifecta of dark/demons and bloodbourne, but if its really boring you you should check out the Nioh alpha demo. Unlike Lords of the Fallen its not trying to be a souls clone, it takes demons souls as a base and takes in a very different direction to dark souls and in 3 hours of the first area i encountered more cool new ideas for souls gameplay than the entirety of DS3. Worth checking out if you own a PS4.

Oh no! someone playing a largely single player game IN THE WAY THEY WANT TO!!?!
    This Jimquisition hits the nail on the head about that.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-28 at 06:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's funny because silver knights and black knights are much tougher in DS3. They do way more damage comparatively so parrying is riskier. They also move around like they actually weigh a decent amount rather than "naked dude with armor skin."
    I was surprised first time I was crushed into the pavement with their stun batons.

After hearing about how poise doesn't work it kind of annoys me if it actually is intentional. I never gave it much thought before but it's weird how a random fireball can interrupt my attack and get me killed or that a group of enemies can stagger me to death. The game is still enjoyable but I am now painfully aware that it doesn't make sense that anything and everything can stagger me when the same rules don't apply to enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    After hearing about how poise doesn't work it kind of annoys me if it actually is intentional. I never gave it much thought before but it's weird how a random fireball can interrupt my attack and get me killed or that a group of enemies can stagger me to death. The game is still enjoyable but I am now painfully aware that it doesn't make sense that anything and everything can stagger me when the same rules don't apply to enemies.
    I would like to know why From went to the Stagger Souls gameplay, where poise only affects your ability to finish failed rolls.

I would like to know why From went to the Stagger Souls gameplay, where poise only affects your ability to finish failed rolls.
    Sometimes they simply make mistakes. I think Miyazaki is unfortunately beginning to suffer from the 'kojima/kubrik' syndrome where they are deified on an impossible pedestal. Already you have people going completely fucking nuclear at the idea that Dark Souls 3 is not a divine gift from god because it MUST be, because the legendary Miyazaki can do wrong, right?

But much as i love em theres never been a perfect souls game. demons made farming heals way to easy, dark had lost izalith and bed of chaos, nuff said, 2 had too many dudes in armour and Bloodborne kept its best blood gems in chalice dungeon farm runs. Just the same DS3 has its own issues, in some respects its got the most in the series, but theres probably no deep secret behind things like stagger souls 3, they just screwed up, even Miyazaki and his team are only human. Just like how Kojima didn't plan every nuance of metal gears convoluted story and kubrik did indeed make continuity errors on the set of the shining.

But some creatives get put on the pedestal that makes this impossible to the minds of some folks and boy will they get their feelings super hurt letting you know how divine and infallible they are

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So totally random thing, but I for the longest time have thought that the game had some sort of hidden mechanic where you do more damage on quick consecutive hits. Which made sense to me cause it can be hard to fit multiple hits into a window so that kind of thing made sense and I never questioned it.

And then I got wardens blades and started looking up stuff about them to see if they were any good, and realized that bleed is actually a strong stat that I completely brushed off, and that I was using an uchi this entire time which has bleed on it. And that my entire thinking behind the consecutive hits was actually just the bleed proccing.
    Not sure if I understand correctly, but consecutive hits do result in more damage with each new hit that connects, and very much so. If you have the window of opportunity and can keep up the momentum for 4, 5 or more hits, it adds up to massive damage. It's by no means a hidden mechanic, the damage text shows it. Am I thinking of something completely different here?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MCiVg5HqWLg

Again poise is fucking broken C:!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

But some creatives get put on the pedestal that makes this impossible to the minds of some folks and boy will they get their feelings super hurt letting you know how divine and infallible they are
    Never understood why people do this as well. I respect Miyazaki's/Kojima's work but when ether fucks up ill call it out. For example I feel MGS5 is a OK game, But I also understand the state that is in may not be due to Kojima. But it is the game that was delivered and thats how I judge it.

I personally enjoy DS3 more then Ds1/2 and its a 10/10 for me. That doesn't mean its perfect and like I said early'er anyone who says a game is perfect is lying.

To me Form Softwares best work was DS3/BB (I don't judge Demon's Souls since I never beat it). But I fully understand if people disagree. Just don't hold these guys up on a pedsestal..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Never understood why people do this as well. I respect Miyazaki's/Kojima's work but when ether fucks up ill call it out.
    There is a term, i think super bunnyhop made a video about it, and the exact name escapes me but its something like 'brand loyalty misappropriation disorder' Where people treat strangers like friends and anthropomorphise companies and associate criticsm of them as personal insult to themselves.

Thats a bit of an over simplification but its basically why you will have people rabidly defend a company like Blizzard even when their current expansion has objectively provided less at more cost, its why people will sit and watch another person stream videogames and parrot "BLANK hype!" with the rest of the audience like a herd of basking sealions. People are really easily manipulated, especially by themselves in an odd way. We can fool ourselves into thinking the dumbest things and treating producers of entertainment media as friends, allys and worst of all people that care about you the consumer for reasons completely separate to logic or reality.

Its why you get such impotent keyboard warrior checkmate terms like "hater" designed to shut down all criticism by rendering complaints void somehow. Some folks assume developers are not human but something akin to a demigod or fey creature who might just notice them and grant them a boon if they defend miladies purity against the vile brigands on the march to keyboard war. Or something.

Brand loyalty has always been a sinister thing, ever since the 50's when companies did things like put candy cigarettes in kids hands to get them used to the feeling and in adult life associate smoking with comforting feelings of childhood for example. With the rise of 'social media faces' and 'brand influencers' companies take platforms usually designed for distanced friends to keep in contact online and turn them into advertising payloads that serve the dual purpose of indoctrinating certain types of consumer who see these account and begin to develop one sided, unhealthy imagined relationships with studios and publishers.

Advertising and subversion in media is a strange thing, but the reactions it gets sometimes? all the bloody stranger.

Me i just like videogames and no game is perfect.

Except for Silent Hill 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Not sure if I understand correctly, but consecutive hits do result in more damage with each new hit that connects, and very much so. If you have the window of opportunity and can keep up the momentum for 4, 5 or more hits, it adds up to massive damage. It's by no means a hidden mechanic, the damage text shows it. Am I thinking of something completely different here?
    To clarify, I thought there was some kind of mechanic where you did *increasing* damage on subsequent hits in a short window.

Say you do 3 hits it would be X -> X+1 -> X+2, instead of just X -> X -> X. The bleed sort of makes that true by proccing the additional bleed damage after so many hits, but I didn't realize it had anything to do with the bleed.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Me i just like videogames and no game is perfect.

Except for Silent Hill 2.
    Ya fuck being "Band Loyal" if your product has faults ill admit it. DS3 does have faults but my score is 10/10 because of how much I enjoyed it along with its graphics,gameplay and world setting. In my opinion when it comes to MMO's like WoW if your pissed just unsub and show the company your pissed. Feel free to post any criticisms you may have just know at the end of the day the number 1 way to show ur mad is to stop the money flow.

While I am gulity of this myself (just a couple times tho) what I don't understand is why people keep buying something day 1 and then bitch about it. Like wait a few days and see some reviews or take the risk. I took the risk with The Division and I regret it 100%. I will bitch about the game and the current state its going. But I also understand others quite enjoy it and I am happy they do.

What kills me is the people who go ether A) The game is fine its you or B) The game is shit and your just wrong. Its like nether group understands that people have different opinions about stuff and it isn't as black as white as they try to make it be.

I thought DS3 was great and well worth the $130 I spent on it for the collector edition. But I 100% understand if the game isn't great for others.

Another thing is if the game isn't great due to you setting super high expectations then that is your fault and not the developers or the game.

/End Small Rant lol.

Also I never played Silent Hill 2 my brother loves it. Last Silent hill I played was 3 and it was shit (IMO). I played it 10mins and stopped because I was guessing the lines of the game before they was said and how it was going to play out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-28 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    To clarify, I thought there was some kind of mechanic where you did *increasing* damage on subsequent hits in a short window.

Say you do 3 hits it would be X -> X+1 -> X+2, instead of just X -> X -> X. The bleed sort of makes that true by proccing the additional bleed damage after so many hits, but I didn't realize it had anything to do with the bleed.
    Sound intriguing actually, I think I should experiment with bleed weapons. I totally disregarded those so far, being more of a conservative weapon guy ... I have my trusty Wolf Knight's Greatsword and the Black Knight Greatsword for the somewhat bigger numbers (relatively - I'm not the "all mass" type of guy), the Firelink Greatsword for fucking up creeps that can't stand fire damage, a Refined Dark Sword for situations where I need a fast move set ... pretty straight forward stuff. Perhaps I should look into something a little different for my next maxed out upgrade, you got me interested in the bleed thing.

My feelings with DS3 are this: its one of the weakest souls games NOW, but we have dlc on the way. Bloodbourne post the old hunters expansion is a very different game, pun not intended, and i imagine they are watching the player behaviour now to tailor the dlc.

Which i am still 100% sure is about the queen being the last daughter of manus/her handmaiden being the 3rd serpent maiden.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-04-28 at 09:45 PM.