Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

All of that said, if they go ahead with this I hope they do two more things: 1) Increase the health and damage on quest mobs to the point where you need to pay attention and 2) Scale XP for leveling so you don't level out of the zone before 40% of the quests are done

Yes! I pray they do change those two things if they make pristine realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Yes! I pray they do change those two things if they make pristine realms.
    It already exists. You level 100% correctly, and gear appropriately if you aren't using heirlooms, or anything else borrowed from a high level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I think if they want to attract the private old version server crowd, the best way to do that would be release old version servers. This was put into that post to try to give the crowd some meat to chew on and generally confuse the issue, as well as it being an easy source of publicity and feedback.
    There need be no confusion if you look at the statement realistically: It's a no on vanilla servers but here's an idea that's been kicking around. What do you think of it? I'll grant that they never quite said no which is leading to a great deal of tea-reading and conclusions around what people want to see. That's OK I guess but give the history of their responses about this in the past this seems to be another in a long line of statements that are summed up as "We're not interested in doing that."

Life is a series of compromises. You can make fun if you like about people willing to accept better for perfect. Idealists often don't get precisely what they want and life goes on. The rest of us will take what we think to be better for what it is. And if it is better then great. We win. Those that sit on the sidelines and criticize don't win anything. It's a choice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    It already exists. You level 100% correctly, and gear appropriately if you aren't using heirlooms, or anything else borrowed from a high level.
    Not really. Even in garbage gear I find leveling WAY too easy. They need to turn some knobs on mob difficulty if they go through with these new servers. The people who will want to roll on those servers are obviously looking for more of a challenge. So give us challenge! One of the things I love about Vanilla is that there is constant danger when I'm leveling. Getting an extra add or two could kill me. In retail, an extra add or two is meaningless, I'll stomp right through them even in gray gear.
    Last edited by Froggy; 2016-04-28 at 05:17 PM.

I'm not so sure the last is true. If Blizzard has been talking about this for a while, as Brack indicates, that means they have been privately wondering if they could get a substantial number of players back by segregating a realm off and implementing the removal of the primary things that people talk about making them leave, LFD, CRZ and the rest of the list.

A lot of the Nost crowd, despite forum assurances, aren't going to be interested in being charged $15/month--or whatever it is--for the privilege. People can argue about the percentages but a primary component of private servers is that they are free. Nothing is going to change in that respect.

There are literally millions and millions of people who don't play on private servers who might return for a look at a realm with the restrictions that Blizzard has proposed with the idea of starting a new community, leveling from 1, one that is restricted to the realm itself. Potentially, it's a much larger crowd to bag than what can be found on private servers, never mind that many people, myself included, play or have played on multiple servers so adding up how many people play on private servers tells you less than you think.

All of that said, if they go ahead with this I hope they do two more things: 1) Increase the health and damage on quest mobs to the point where you need to pay attention and 2) Scale XP for leveling so you don't level out of the zone before 40% of the quests are done. I would like to see them bring back group quests as well but unfortunately I think the best way to assemble a group for those uses the scenario system and that appears to be a non-starter on a pristine server. But bring them back anyway and people can try to make a group for them or skip them (like we did before they mostly went away).

Maybe I'm the only one but I'm not confused at all that a pristine realm as proposed is an idea that is going to satisfy anyone that wants back pre-Cataclysm Azeroth or any of that. But I believe that it could be a much better experience than retail and for that reason I hope they give it a go. Those that simply say the idea is garbage and give us vanilla realms are really advocating for neither. Blizzard isn't doing legacy realms but they've offered this as a trial balloon to have people say what they think. If enough people say garbage then I'm sure they'll be OK with just giving us retail and leaving it at that.
    My claim that they were doing this "to reign in Nost players" mainly stems from the fact that he said this in response to the server, and it seems like something that came up from this ordeal. But in regards to other players, for example, someone that never played Nost, but also quit the game, I fully acknowledge this may be something that could interest them. So in that regards this type of thing probably wouldn't be a bad move at all, my stance of course is not the same as those guys.

For people that feel like their server has been screwed up by realm transfers, or that the community has shrunk down, for example, I can definitely see some these types of guy's wanting to give this a crack, so we are in agreement there.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer 5 guys to in n out.

You're from California... I see it!

In -n- Out is soooooo not worth the wait.
    lawl, it's funny, I'm actually from Cleveland. I've been to Vegas enough times though and while I've tried much of their fast food (by no means all) In N Out Burger is almost a good enough reason alone to take the flight over lol. We got 5 guys here, they are VERY good, but I'm not a fan of their fries. In N Out's fries are OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post

I'd say the whole purpose is actually to shut up the legacy minority.
    Hey if those Pristine servers come out, and they are actually good, you will be thanking that "legacy minority" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Even in garbage gear I find leveling WAY too easy. They need to turn some knobs on mob difficulty if they go through with these new servers. The people who will want to roll on those servers are obviously looking for more of a challenge. So give us challenge! One of the things I love about Vanilla is that there is contant danger when I'm leveling. Getting an extra add or two could kill me. In retail, an extra add or two is meaningless, I'll stomp right through them even in gray gear.
    See here again... divided. The legacy server community is not at all unified in what they want from it.

If people only played vanilla for the "awesome" leveling experience. Then more people would have had a full roster of alts heading into BC. That wasn't the case.

Not everyone wants this "constant danger" which is really only the result of poor design, areas that are too crowded, premature repops, poor character regeneration. Also the quest design was different, could you go to a place before you wanted to? Yes. Were you supposed to? No.

I leveled my lock pretty much on my own in vanilla, but for my paladin, rogue, shaman, and mage I used leveling guides. Which if followed meant this "constant danger" didn't really exist because you were always in appropriate content that maximized your xp/hr.

See here again... divided. The legacy server community is not at all unified in what they want from it.

If people only played vanilla for the "awesome" leveling experience. Then more people would have had a full roster of alts heading into BC. That wasn't the case.

Not everyone wants this "constant danger" which is really only the result of poor design, areas that are too crowded, premature repops, poor character regeneration. Also the quest design was different, could you go to a place before you wanted to? Yes. Were you supposed to? No.

I leveled my lock pretty much on my own in vanilla, but for my paladin, rogue, shaman, and mage I used leveling guides. Which if followed meant this "constant danger" didn't really exist because you were always in appropriate content that maximized your xp/hr.

But those who don't want danger or more challenge don't have to roll on the "pristine" realms

Seems to me that those who choose to play on these new realms are not looking for the path of least resistance.

Can we stop with the "Legacy community is divided" crap, like you're pretending the retail WoW community doesn't disagree strongly about every single aspect of the game (see Karabor/Bladespire threads, or noflying threads for evidence)

Any community of more than 2 players are gonna have different ideas about what they want. It isn't really a relevant point to raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm the only one but I'm not confused at all that a pristine realm as proposed is an idea that is going to satisfy anyone that wants back pre-Cataclysm Azeroth or any of that. But I believe that it could be a much better experience than retail and for that reason I hope they give it a go. Those that simply say the idea is garbage and give us vanilla realms are really advocating for neither. Blizzard isn't doing legacy realms but they've offered this as a trial balloon to have people say what they think. If enough people say garbage then I'm sure they'll be OK with just giving us retail and leaving it at that.
    I would prefer a legacy realm a 1000 times more over a pristine server, but as you say, if pristine is the only way they will go, then I will accept that and give it a go. But they will have to do it right as you suggested in a later post of yours. I wonder if they will be open to restoring the elite status on a few mobs, or will it really just be a server with the LFD, etc. features disabled?
    I really, really hope they are willing to make some changes.
    Last edited by mmocc955237267; 2016-04-28 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Can we stop with the "Legacy community is divided" crap, like you're pretending the retail WoW community doesn't disagree strongly about every single aspect of the game (see Karabor/Bladespire threads, or noflying threads for evidence)

Any community of more than 2 players are gonna have different ideas about what they want. It isn't really a relevant point to raise.
    They are a minority by themselves.

Then you have those who'll never log in a pristine realm, and those that seem such servers like the right answer. MMOC poll confirms this.

Sorry dude, but your little group of nostalgia is more divided than the GOP in 2016.

I love this 2 hours to lvl 90- 100 and the garrisons missions while i raid that we have now, it made my life a lot easier since i dont have the time to play more than 3 hours a days because of my job. Dunno why people are so upset.....

Also i loved to lvl from 1-60, 60-70,70-80,80-85,85-90 in the past 9 years, but i dont have the time, wish i was 15 again...

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I really, really hope they are willing to make some changes.
    I have to believe they are. It's an entirely new realm type. It would be such a let down if they didn't make the necessary changes to increase difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    But those who don't want danger or more challenge don't have to roll on the "pristine" realms

Seems to me that those who choose to play on these new realms are not looking for the path of least resistance.
    (1) Legacy server proponents are not unified on wanting a "challenging" leveling experience

(2) Nowhere in their response where they mention "pristine" servers, do they also suggest it would be more challenging in addition to what is already being described

and THIS is why no one can take you guys seriously. You speak as though you speak for the entire group and you don't.

Your response to this also makes me hope they never add pristine, legacy, or anything of the sort. You will NEVER be satisfied with what they offer, so if you're not bitching about this, you'll be bitching about something else.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-28 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well this means some1 else will make a new private vanila server after reading this.

Pristine realm sound pretty much vanila wow + all updates (yeh even the lfr). And this is where problem lies.
    Pristine realm sounds absolutely nothing like vanilla wow. How can that even cross your mind, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

Ya because to point out that you are divided makes you look like selfish whiny brats who don't care about what is best, what is right, what works, only about what you want when you want it and to hell with everyone and everything else.

(1) Legacy server proponents are not unified on wanting a "challenging" leveling experience

(2) Nowhere in their response where they mention "pristine" servers, do they also suggest it would be more challenging in addition to what is already being described

and THIS is why no one can take you guys seriously. You speak as though you speak for the entire group and you don't.
    People playing on retail WoW aren't all on board with the ability pruning, most of them don't raid or want to, and nearly every one of them will claim their main class is the most gimped in the next expansion. Its ridiculous Blizzard is wasting that much development time when the playerbase is all over the place, each complaining about the opposite stuff as the other. They should put that money into something with a better roi like hearthstone. Its not like any of us are coming back or that the people who are left will leave no matter what Blizzard does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    People playing on retail WoW aren't all on board with the ability pruning, most of them don't raid or want to, and nearly every one of them will claim their main class is the most gimped in the next expansion. Its ridiculous Blizzard is wasting that much development time when the playerbase is all over the place, each complaining about the opposite stuff as the other. They should put that money into something with a better roi like hearthstone. Its not like any of us are coming back or that the people who are left will leave no matter what Blizzard does.
    Or maybe they just need stop listening to the community, nay stop providing them a forum to which they can waste their breath with "feedback" and pretend like what they have to say matters or can and will have an effect on development.

Does it even matter? This thread isn't here to solve a problem, it's to contain the endless back and forth so it doesn't pollute the other threads on the site.

Divided, not divided - it doesn't matter one iota, and won't change anything. These threads are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickbowjob View Post
    Blizzard is hiring! Server engineer for Classic Games.
    https://twitter.com/Abe_Ramos/status/725389822039187456
    This is fucking exciting, thanks for sharing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    This is fucking exciting, thanks for sharing.
    ...but it has nothing to do with the vanilla server discussion in this thread..