Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Someone will fill the void, whether it's Russia who are emboldened by Trump's rhetoric or China who predict that Trump will reduce America's standing and promote anti-American sentiment, leaving the door open for them. "Stop meddling with world affairs" is a fairly funny way to describe his plans of ripping up the Iran deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Someone will fill the void, whether it's Russia who are emboldened by Trump's rhetoric or China who predict that Trump will reduce America's standing and promote anti-American sentiment, leaving the door open for them. "Stop meddling with world affairs" is a fairly funny way to describe his plans of ripping up the Iran deal.
    Then you agree that America should continuing policing the world? And continue meddling with world affairs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I don't think you really have anything to fear. Even if Trump does become president congress will be unified for the first time in blocking everything he wants to do. Hell I won't be surprised if he gets impeached soon after getting elected.
    How would a gridlocked US administration be anything other than damaging?

America is our wealthiest ally, we want them to be prosperous, just as we want all our allies to prosper. We do not want a weakened US, if you want to speak to a poster that wants that, then I suggest you talk to Cryban or one of the other Putinistas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This is how you know America is the greatest country in the world. Everyone in the world likes to be 100% involved in everything America does from military operations to trade pacts. It can be issues that are located in our borders as well. America on the other hand doesn't care what everyone else does.
    Pretty much. America is the cool kid of the world. Everybody has an opinion about America.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's hard to discuss something with a false premise. Sure, there may be a general world view that America gets involved too often. But every specific instance, they want us on their side. I think Obama is right that it's high time for Europe to spend a reasonable amount of their collective GDPs on military funding.
    The EU already spends a reasonable amount of their collective GDP. They have the second most well funded military in the world, next to only the US.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    If most non-Americans want America to stop meddling with world affairs shouldn't they be Pro-Trump because his platform is for isolationism?

I believe he has been quoted as saying that "America can no longer police the world". Is that what everyone on this board wants?
    Trump has no platform of his own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    A prosperous America is a danger to our safety.

Lol what? We are not going to take you over or anything if we get more prosperous.

Your little countries are free to do what they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The EU already spends a reasonable amount of their collective GDP. They have the second most well funded military in the world, next to only the US.
    Good lord, what are they spending it on? If you don't have aircraft carriers, how can you call yourself a viable military?

10+ Year Old Account
    The worse they do, the more power the EU gets.
    It becomes really dangerous once they see this and decide to use aggressive action against the EU.
    American wealth does not scare me, I work in financial services, the US is a source of wealth just as the EU is.

Deleted
    The worse they do, the more power the EU gets.
    It becomes really dangerous once they see this and decide to use aggressive action against the EU.
    No that's not true. EU would only benefit from allies around them getting wealthier and more stable. We trade to survive. Problem is that the USA doesnt have the same scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, what are they spending it on? If you don't have aircraft carriers, how can you call yourself a viable military?
    eh, wat mate?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Most European forces are defensive in nature, only the UK, France and, to a lesser extent, Italy care about force projection.

Then you agree that America should continuing policing the world? And continue meddling with world affairs?
    Not unilaterally no. As for meddling with world affairs, it's pretty impossible not to in a globalized world, especially as a superpower. Whether you want to abandon that position is up to you, as I said, someone will fill the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right until the point where we threaten your position in power; when our interests aren't the same.
    I can't see America doing anything to directly harm where you are at.

You need not worry. Also: The interests of western nations are pretty similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Lol what? We are not going to take you over or anything if we get more prosperous.

Your little countries are free to do what they wish.
    You already destabilized our borders and continue to do so. Problem is that the USA has no need of a stronger EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How would a gridlocked US administration be anything other than damaging?

America is our wealthiest ally, we want them to be prosperous, just as we want all our allies to prosper. We do not want a weakened US, if you want to speak to a poster that wants that, then I suggest you talk to Cryban or one of the other Putinistas.
    It is unfortunate but things have been gridlocked for awhile and with Trump who isn't even liked within his own party I can only imagine even worse gridlock. I too would like to see the world prosper but I also believe the world is in need of a correction. I truly believe the US can no longer continue down this course of huge military spending. This is why we need other counties our allies help maintain order throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Your link shows the UK has none. What's your point?

Also, I mean actual aircraft carriers, that you can land an air superiority fighter on. That's kind of the whole point in carriers when real war is going on. Your boat with some helicopters plopped down on top of it will last about 10 seconds in an actual war.

If most non-Americans want America to stop meddling with world affairs shouldn't they be Pro-Trump because his platform is for isolationism?

I believe he has been quoted as saying that "America can no longer police the world". Is that what everyone on this board wants?
    Not really. They want America to continue policing the world until it falls apart because it would make them feel better about their sad, low-energy countries full of diverse migrants bringing multiculturalism to their women.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You already destabilized our borders and continue to do so. Problem is that the USA has no need of a stronger EU.
    So you think the US is responsible for your governments to go "Welcome Refugees! You ALL can enter."?

That isn't our doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your link shows the UK has none. What's your point?
    Actually, it shows two under construction. You know, spending money on aircraft carriers....

Under construction:
    Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier, STOVL ships of 70,600 tonnes
    HMS Queen Elizabeth (2016)
    HMS Prince of Wales (2018)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-