Thread: [TV] Arrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Finally saw the latest Episode.

Holy fuck I was literally at the start of the episode when Laurel was talking about being DA thinking "You know what, I finally am coming around to her character, she doesn't annoy me as much as she used to and Black Canary is pretty badass"

THE MOMENT I THINK THAT. THEY KILL HER. WUUUUUUUUUUT!
    The second she started talking about her future, I immediately thought "Well, I guess she's the one in the grave."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The second she started talking about her future, I immediately thought "Well, I guess she's the one in the grave."
    Yeah, and when she said she'll put the suit on one last time, it sealed the deal for the biggest cliche in cinema xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we have S1 Felicity back now?

I want my awkward hacker chick back. Not this sappy, whiny, goo-goo-for-Oliver bullshit.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    I've just got into watching Arrow and am loving it , cant stop watching it lol , is there more than 3 seasons or is that it ? ( bought them on boxset really cheap )

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    I've just got into watching Arrow and am loving it , cant stop watching it lol , is there more than 3 seasons or is that it ? ( bought them on boxset really cheap )
    The fourth is wrapping up in the next couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The fourth is wrapping up in the next couple weeks
    and you can watch it for free on the cw site (might need hola unblocker if in a different country idk)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Do yourself a favor and stop watching after 3x09 "The Climb" , pretend that it's the series finale. I wish I was joking as I loved Arrow once, but it pains me to see it in the state that it is in. I cannot believe that there's people actually defending the show on these forums, I was honestly under the impression that the only defenders it has are too busy coming up with fanfics over on tumblr and twitter. I wish I took my friend's advice and stopped watching after The Climb, so much disappointment could've been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stop watching after 3x09 "The Climb" , pretend that it's the series finale. I wish I was joking as I loved Arrow once, but it pains me to see it in the state that it is in. I cannot believe that there's people actually defending the show on these forums, I was honestly under the impression that the only defenders it has are too busy coming up with fanfics over on tumblr and twitter. I wish I took my friend's advice and stopped watching after The Climb, so much disappointment could've been avoided.
    I tried finding the video but theres too much spam on youtube. Anyway I wanted to link this video of Stephen Amell(Oliver Queen/Arrow) doing a press junket right after comic-con and it was just a general Q&A with the fans.

This one lady, completely dressed up as felicity (That tight red dress she wore on her date with Oliver, glasses and same hair do, hell she was even a smaller blonde lady herself naturally). She got her chance at a question, and she didnt even ask a question she had brought two cans of coca-cola, the cans with peoples names on it. And yes she gave Stephen Amell a can with "Oliver" on it and she had a can herself with "felicity" on it.

She spent possibly hundreds of dollars on tickets/travel/hotel just so she could go meet "Oliver" and pretend to be felicity and share a coke with him like they do on the show. Thats when it hit me like a jet I'm not the target market they want with this show.

Even though they go for the whole batman thing early on.

It's on Netflix also, kinda wasted money on the DVD's

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Season1 was decent, Season 2 was the peak for me though. Season3 kind of floundered around due to outside influences (not that it's a good excuse), but Season4 started off great and had some inertia to it, but then they sort of hit what seems like "filler" episodes. Maybe they don't have enough villains to use anymore? The fight against Dark is dragging (I think we were just introduced to the man too early) and the Felicity stuff is pretty badly written.

I'd still stack it up against the complete idiocy of last Flash though. That episode made me so angry, it over-rode the blahness of Legends and draggingness of Arrow entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She spent possibly hundreds of dollars on tickets/travel/hotel just so she could go meet "Oliver" and pretend to be felicity and share a coke with him like they do on the show. Thats when it hit me like a jet I'm not the target market they want with this show.
    Let's be realistic, they dn't market to just one demographic. I'm sure those folks are complaining about all the arrows and the villains that they don't understand, as much as we complain about Felicity's bad writing.

I do think the writing team could handle Felicity and still please comic fans and action fans and whatnot, maybe they're overworked, maybe they just got confused, or maybe I'm just kidding myself. :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

That doctor who reference tho!
    when they zoom from Alex Kingston to a statue of an angel, and then they timelapse back in time

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't watch the episode just read a synopsis, glad I didn't.

Everyone is dealing with their grief until Felicity comes and speaks to everyone and saves them! What a crock of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the episode. A nice farewell to Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post

Everyone is dealing with their grief until Felicity comes and speaks to everyone and saves them! What a crock of shit.
    That's actually not what happened
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yeah, that's not exactly how it plays out. Felicity does return, but doesn't do any more than anyone else or anything.

Overall, probably one of the best acted episodes in a while. Felicity was very muted in attitude and done well (though, why no glasses?), Ollie was on point, Diggle too.

The only real complaint I have is the same as I've said before, "no killing" unless it's a nameless NPC mook.

Fake Black Canary totally capped two security guards and no one seems to give a damn.

The episode did a great job with flashbacks too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, that's not exactly how it plays out. Felicity does return, but doesn't do any more than anyone else or anything.
    Fair enough, I guess they could have been exaggerating or something in the comments that I read. They said she was trying to make it about her being like "If i was there I could have saved her!" no she couldn't.. (if that's even what was said, don't know any more).

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I guess they could have been exaggerating or something in the comments that I read. They said she was trying to make it about her being like "If i was there I could have saved her!" no she couldn't.. (if that's even what was said, don't know any more).
    Everyone took turns blaming themselves.

There was a line of "if I was there to help, maybe something would have been different, even though I wouldn't even have been there since I'd just be on a computer somewhere else and would be no help, but I dunno!" It was more of talking to Diggle about how it's not his fault.

There was a good bit of "it's my fault" "no, it's not" stuff in the episode, but most of it fit and made sense IMO.

this was the best episode of the entire series
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552