Do you really believe it's likely? Bayern played really bad. Unless they get a good shake, which I don't think Guardiola can give them, they won't do any better next week. He cares too much about ball possession, but that doesn't win games, scoring goals does, and backing off every time the ball hits the wall of defenders doesn't bring them any closer to getting one.

The second half was better, they started doing what I noticed they really lacked in the first one - simply getting the ball into the box in search of Lewandowski or anyone else who might happen to be around there. It almost paid off. Almost. If they had Mueller on earlier, they might have been able to do better. Lewandowski was completely ignored. By the end of the match he was roaming around the whole pitch and tried to help the team in whatever way he could because he knew he won't be getting any balls - partly because of how tight Atletico's defenses were, but he wasn't getting passes even when he was in good positions. If Mueller was there to force the defenders to split their attention between 2 strikers, it might have worked out better.

I still believe Bayern's midfield sucks some serious balls, they just had no presence in that game. They are good against Bundesliga low-tier teams and not much else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Question for MMo FM2016 players; formation?

Personally 4-2-3-1
    Bollocks to that.

4-3-3 m8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Bollocks to that.

4-3-3 m8.
    Guessing your games end up 4-3 and 5-4 Lamps?

Guessing your games end up 4-3 and 5-4 Lamps?
    4-3-3 is much more solid than 4-2-3-1

Allows my fulls backs to bomb forward with the defensive midfielder playing as a half-back.

In essence, this gives me 3 centre backs and allows me to overlap on the flanks.

- - - Updated - - -

http://beta.thesportbible.com/football/news-legends-watch-ranieri-close-to-tears-after-fans-thank-him-20160428

100% deserved.
    Fantastic man.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-04-28 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Ranieri is the Italian sugar daddy we all want and love.

Deleted
    Agreed. Ranieri is such a nice man.

4-3-3 is much more solid than 4-2-3-1
    4-2-3-1 is just a modified 4-3-3

they are just a starting point anyway. The question to ask is how do you look like when you attack, how does it look when you defend, what roles does each position have, where is your line of confrontation, do you high press, low press, are your wingers inverted, do you use your fullbacks for width or for defensive solidarity, do you overload on the wings or are you more central, are you looking for crosses with a big man in the box, or maybe you use your wingers to get the endline and cut the ball back across the box, do you use a staggered midfield, a flat midfield, do you use a free roam player (ala Messi)...

many other questions and tactical ideas to ask. Anyway, the formation is just a starting point

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    4-2-3-1 is just a modified 4-3-3

they are just a starting point anyway. The question to ask is how do you look like when you attack, how does it look when you defend, what roles does each position have, where is your line of confrontation, do you high press, low press, are your wingers inverted, do you use your fullbacks for width or for defensive solidarity, do you overload on the wings or are you more central, are you looking for crosses with a big man in the box, or maybe you use your wingers to get the endline and cut the ball back across the box, do you use a staggered midfield, a flat midfield, do you use a free roam player (ala Messi)...

many other questions and tactical ideas to ask. Anyway, the formation is just a starting point
    Of course.

I'm talking Football Manager though.

4-2-3-1 leaves you hopelessly open for a number 10 unless you use a CM(d) + DLP(s)

Of course.

4-2-3-1 leaves you hopelessly open for a number 10 unless you use a CM(d) + DLP(s)
    Ah, never played FM.

From an on field coaching experience, a 4-2-3-1 is actually very flexible. You can morph it to most other formations without much difficulty if need be.

Deleted

Deleted
    Of course.

Paul Pogba is a cracking DLP.

Have him and Alli (RPM)

Paul Pogba is a cracking DLP.

Have him and Alli (RPM)

Not fond of DLP's too much.
    I like the fusion of DLP/B2B that the RPM is.

Advanced Playmaker (a) is also much better in a CM position rather than an AM position I find. Especially if they're a good dribbler.

Spanish domination continues

Villarreal 1-0 win over Liverpool
    Shakhtar 2-2 Sevilla (we were rather lucky there, good result for us)

Deleted
    Ok from you MMO guys and gals; what would you raise your kid if you were mixed race?

Scot/Swede here.

Interested to hear.

15+ Year Old Account
    As in, language wise? If so, I'd raise my child bilingual, or try to at least. My mother tried with me and my siblings when we moved to England but it was hard as we rebelled against the fact no one understood us when we spoke Dutch. But it's definitely an advantage in later life, I guess. I'm glad I can speak 2 languages, just wish I'd paid more attention in French class so I could speak 3!

If that's not what you meant, then I don't know ;D

Deleted
    I speak both English and French and am an English teacher, you'd better believe my kid is growing up bilingual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I speak both English and French and am an English teacher, you'd better believe my kid is growing up bilingual.
    I think knowing those 2 languages fluently is a huge advantage, say over English and Dutch. French is spoken a lot more over the world than Dutch, hence why I'm annoyed I wiped my ass with it during high school. I'd love to move to France for a few years and just be plunged into it, that's how I learnt Dutch after all.

Swedish is a dick to learn, and pretty useless. But going bilingual is the better choice.

Swedish is not talked in many countries but it's always good to be bilingual. I myself knowing Portuguese, Spanish and English ( the sixth, second and third most spoken languages) i think i am pretty ok in dozens of countries. Arabic would be my next one if i had to learn another that works in many countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'd teach my kid English and Spanish. Will feed them all the Dora the Explorer series.