Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Regardless of it being or not being poor wording, I think the fear of only having 1 patch is a completely valid one.
    Sure, it's valid. But not reasonably deducted from that statement, which you had to bend pretty badly to get to that conclusion. It doesn't make it impossible for there to be only one patch, but there's nothing in there that could potentially be taken as confirmation, either.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure, it's valid. But not reasonably deducted from that statement, which you had to bend pretty badly to get to that conclusion. It doesn't make it impossible for there to be only one patch, but there's nothing in there that could potentially be taken as confirmation, either.
    I never implied it was confirmation either, just that the poor wording could make it seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Um

yes, actually?

It got a lot of praise when it first hit and would have been fine had they not botched the updates. WoW has never had a good story, so stupid AU timetravel shenanigans is no more offensive to me than 'lulz here's a list of previous heros that have been corrupted by X so that they can be a raid boss'.

Unless you're his mom you really need to calm down, because you are flipping out over a neutral statement. And even then, calm down, mom.
    1. I'm sorry for being negative to both paula and you. I get upset when people make some negative opinions on expansions that are in alpha.

2. I'm not trying to act like his mother, so sorry again if I acted like that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    I started playing a little before the Wrath pre-patch. I still remember seeing Varian, Bolvar, Broll Bearmantle and Valeera Sanguinar at the harbor.

I was then promptly murdered by the Frost Wyrms and Abominations. :P
    Man remember when Broll was a thing?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man remember when Broll was a thing?
    He's at Dreamgrove for Druids.

I never implied it was confirmation either, just that the poor wording could make it seem that way.
    No, you said it outright, and even attempted to show where the statement supposedly says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    He's at Dreamgrove for Druids.
    Yeah, he also looks to be a Druid champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again: The Art Team really deserves a lot of praise. A lot of good work.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you said it outright, and even attempted to show where the statement supposedly says so.
    Never once did I say it was confirmed, I just mentioned how the wording was bad and could be an indication of the stance. Where you say I supposedly showed where, I showed off the contradiction in wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Once again: The Art Team really deserves a lot of praise. A lot of good work.
    Always.

I hope both Broll and Valeera get new outfits, their current ones are from BC-Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the wording wasn't bad. You misinterpreted the fuck out of what he said, don't blame it on the way he wrote the post. If a bunch of other people read it as them not needing to update the achievement every content patch, the mistake is on you coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Dude, the wording wasn't bad. You misinterpreted the fuck out of what he said, don't blame it on the way he wrote the post. If a bunch of other people read it as them not needing to update the achievement every content patch, the mistake is on you coach.
    Nobody misinterpreted anyone.
    The post said something that can be read two ways, because of the vagueness of some words and plurality.
    We don't know which way was meant yet because we'll only know that when the final tier of flying comes out.

There's no reason for people to be getting so upset about this.

I know some people are whining about Flight not being a thing at launch, but I do have a very serious concern with the post.

This bit.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.
    This has me very worried because it sounds like we may only be getting 1 patch again.
    I'm not that concerned just because he included "2" as well.

Overall, I'd say it's pretty hard to determine much from that post as they probably have their patch content planned out somewhat already. So id take it more as they don't know if they want to give flying midway through xpac or at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people are whining about Flight not being a thing at launch, but I do have a very serious concern with the post.

This bit.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.
    This has me very worried because it sounds like we may only be getting 1 patch again.
    I see it as getting more than one patch.

Ya'llr weird.

Here I was like 'oh good they set a release date, now we can stop arguing in circles about it'

but now we've replaced it with overanalysis of an insignificant statement and I feel like it's almost worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya'llr weird.

Here I was like 'oh good they set a release date, now we can stop arguing in circles about it'

but now we've replaced it with overanalysis of an insignificant statement and I feel like it's almost worse.
    I'm just worried about my class/spec, granted there's like roughly 3 months of all that time to change things up but...I'm impatient(Having bad OCD makes it worse).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya'llr weird.

What we should be arguing over is how great that 6 week period between 7.0 and Legion is going to be.

Stormwind Park returns, Zombie Event 2.0, Broken Shore, Legion Invasions, Demon Hunters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What we should be arguing over is how great that 6 week period between 7.0 and Legion is going to be.

Stormwind Park returns, Zombie Event 2.0, Broken Shore, Legion Invasions, Demon Hunters...
    6 week period? The release date of 7.0 was never announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    6 week period? The release date of 7.0 was never announced.
    Blizz previously said the pre-event would last 4-6 weeks.

He said "two", well does that mean we will only get two expansion patches? I think the answer is clear:

The speculation here is getting really annoying and out of hand. The devs can't tell us anything at all without you guys acting like hungry vultures fighting over scrap of meat.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!