Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Fury though, Fury is shit. Rampage is shit. A 4 second Enrage is shit, but workable. Furious Slash isn't just shit, it's like someone came into my house, slept with my girlfriend, kicked my dog, took a shit over my computer, ate all my food, set fire to my sofa and then asked me to thank them for it. Furious slash should be how we active Enrage because I want to fist fuck my monitor every time I have to press the piece of shit ability.
    This is amazingly accurate.

Well, glad to see the blues have spoken. I don't like their opinion, but at least we know where they stand.

It'd be nice to hear some explanations for why they feel that way - why they don't see Fury's priority conflicts as a problem, why they feel Arm's Slam-spam is fine. Oh well, I guess that's asking too much...

I won't get my hopes up, but 4 months is quite a stretch of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds on a few things (that's never happened ).

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Fury Execute is actually really strong with the artifact. Actually playing the phase is a bit iffy due to Enrage and multiple priorities however.
    This actually worries me. I don't want Fury to be what Arms was in WoD. I think I'd like for Massacre to be baseline or turned into an Artifact trait, but if sub-20% is really strong then that's probably an argument against making Massacre baseline. However, that's a tuning issue...

I woke up this morning with a wonderful feeling, that I'd read the posts in this thread in wondrous joy over the latest Alpha Design Notes:
    Class Status
    - Warrior: Changed Arms and Fury rotations to be something early Legion Alpha players will be more familiar with

That quickly faded as I realised it was a dream.

Why the hell am I having dreams about WoW patch notes?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Well, glad to see the blues have spoken. I don't like their opinion, but at least we know where they stand.

It'd be nice to hear some explanations for why they feel that way - why they don't see Fury's priority conflicts as a problem, why they feel Arm's Slam-spam is fine. Oh well, I guess that's asking too much...

I won't get my hopes up, but 4 months is quite a stretch of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds on a few things (that's never happened ).

This actually worries me. I don't want Fury to be what Arms was in WoD. I think I'd like for Massacre to be baseline or turned into an Artifact trait, but if sub-20% is really strong then that's probably an argument against making Massacre baseline. However, that's a tuning issue...
    It's because of the Artifact being an Execute all you can eat buffet once fully unlocked.

Sense Death - Execute has a 15% chance to make your next Execute cost no rage
    Deathdealer - Increases the Critical strike chance of Execute by 3/6/10%
    Juggernaut - Execute increased damage dealt by Execute by 5% for 15s, stacks 99 times.
    Odyns Champion - Rampage has a chance to give you a 10s buff, causing all offensive abilities to reduce the cooldown of all abilties/cds by 3s.
    Rage of the Valarjar - Rampage and Execute have a chance to activate Berserking, increasing your attack speed and critical strike chance by 5% every 1 sec for 12 sec.

Now if you can imagine that combined with Frenzy for 15% more haste, Massacre for free rampages... The potential for Fury execute dps is amazing.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Frosting Berserker could be tuned to usefulness.
    Always thought Archi had insight into more going on in Blizz than he let on. New Prestige Class CONFIRMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's because of the Artifact being an Execute all you can eat buffet once fully unlocked.

Sense Death - Execute has a 15% chance to make your next Execute cost no rage
    Deathdealer - Increases the Critical strike chance of Execute by 3/6/10%
    Juggernaut - Execute increased damage dealt by Execute by 5% for 15s, stacks 99 times.
    Odyns Champion - Rampage has a chance to give you a 10s buff, causing all offensive abilities to reduce the cooldown of all abilties/cds by 3s.
    Rage of the Valarjar - Rampage and Execute have a chance to activate Berserking, increasing your attack speed and critical strike chance by 5% every 1 sec for 12 sec.

Now if you can imagine that combined with Frenzy for 15% more haste, Massacre for free rampages... The potential for Fury execute dps is amazing.
    I understand, and that further supports my concern. Execute is probably one of my favorite abilities in the game. But I don't want it to be overly powerful at the expense of poor damage above 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Always thought Archi had insight into more going on in Blizz than he let on. New Prestige Class CONFIRMED!
    Hahahahahaah!!!

All it needs is a baker's hat and apron.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Fury is a lot of fun. I don't know what game you guys are playing, but it's loads better than live.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Fury is a lot of fun. I don't know what game you guys are playing, but it's loads better than live.
    I admit I prefer it to live too to be honest, but then I've never liked WOD Fury so that doesn't say a lot. I think people are still mad because SOO Arms/Fury were both well liked. Arms in SOO just didn't scale and had weak single target but I played the shit out of it and loved every moment (except when CS didn't reset!). I admit I liked T18 Arms with Class trinket + set bonus on cleave multi target fights, I enjoyed timing execute sweeping strike nukes and I enjoyed all the target switching, it was/is a bland and frustrating RNG fest on single target though, terrible.

Base Arms for WOD was terrible, base Arms for Legion is also terrible (the spam WW meme now becomes spam Slam/WW meme). Base Fury for WOD was not terrible but it was not good, horribly held back by crazy RNG issues for the first 2 tiers and not particularely engaging or challenging to play.

Fury in Legion is like missed potential because there are design choices that pidgeonhole it into annoying stuff, like keeping Frenzy up is to me just an annoying burden that's spoiling an otherwise smooth playing spec and makes the other talent choices unattractive. Dragon Roar being an unnecessary CS effect for Fury that will outscale Carnage, like Massacre being a core mechanic as a talent that competes with Bladestorm... I think at least it's a bit too messy, new players are gonna be confused to shit, so much for not wanting mathy specs.

But I will admit I also don't see the big fuss about Fury, it's way better than Arms with it's extremely one-dimension gameplay, or Sub rogue with it's "what is this shit" design.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-04-28 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I hope the "Ah well, it's still Alpha, sweeping changes incoming" doesn't turn to "Oh well, it's still beta, things will change", and then to "Well fuck me sideways, everything is awful".
    Made this comment 3 months ago.

Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't give up just yet, it is still Alpha after all. Blizzard has been known to submit to mass complaints at times (and before anyone says anything, I know they've also been known to ignore mass complaints as well) and end up changing things despite initial statements of them saying they're happy with the way things are. Instead of shitting on Blizzard and calling them incompetent, continue to give actual feedback and criticism. Things could very possibly change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I wouldn't give up just yet, it is still Alpha after all. Blizzard has been known to submit to mass complaints at times (and before anyone says anything, I know they've also been known to ignore mass complaints as well) and end up changing things despite initial statements of them saying they're happy with the way things are. Instead of shitting on Blizzard and calling them incompetent, continue to give actual feedback and criticism. Things could very possibly change.
    They submit to mass complaints, but they never ever eat their words. For example, with equality for ret, no matter how much feedback we give (a lot) about it being a shitty ability promoting shitty gameplay in pve they will never remove it because Kalgan already said he liked it and it's here to stay, if they went back on that he'd have to eat his words, something I doubt he wants to do. Same thing goes for Celestalon, I seriously doubt now that he's spoken up and even included the rest of the team in his post (he didn't just say he was happy, he said others were happy as well) that any major changes will happen. We still have 4 months though, so who knows.

I was pretty excited about Fury at first, since it seemed like it an interesting model. Keep enrage up, build up your rage pool for Rampage, then dump.

In actual practice, the current implementation sucks and makes me really not want to play it at all. I didn't like WoD Fury that much, but in retrospect I prefer it to what we have now, which is pretty horrifying.

Rampage is supposed to be a good thing, an improvement over Furious Slash that you get to use while you're enraged, but instead it just feels like a trap that causes your enrage to fall off. I feel somewhat certain that you're better off just continuing to use Furious Slash instead of Rampage so that your enrage stays up, and I can't imagine that this is how they want the class to play.

Having to juggle Furious Slash and Bloodthirst during Execute phase is another profoundly unrewarding experience. Mixing Furious Slash in with Whirlwind for AoE is also just completely shitty. I think their whole notion for Fury right now is based around a single target pre-execute rotation.

It feels like they just have no idea how to make enrage work without being an RNG pain in the ass.

Can we keep the Arms feedback thread going with replies to Celestalon showing him why he's wrong in hopes of further dialogue similar to Brewmaster? Although, that doesn't seem to be working out too well for them when he's just straight up telling them they don't know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They submit to mass complaints, but they never ever eat their words. For example, with equality for ret, no matter how much feedback we give (a lot) about it being a shitty ability promoting shitty gameplay in pve they will never remove it because Kalgan already said he liked it and it's here to stay, if they went back on that he'd have to eat his words, something I doubt he wants to do. Same thing goes for Celestalon, I seriously doubt now that he's spoken up and even included the rest of the team in his post (he didn't just say he was happy, he said others were happy as well) that any major changes will happen. We still have 4 months though, so who knows.
    Legendary Ring anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    This is pretty much what I envision as far as the class hall is concerned.

Legendary Ring anyone? .
    True, got me there. Either way, I'll still be backing up and submitting feedback until beta is over, so I do hope they reconsider.

Small thing, but it seems that the Legendary ring (35% execute) is Arms only. Currently when searching for the Legendarys in game on the Alpha, each spec lists 8 Legendariys, some of the specs have overlapping ones, but the execute one is not one of them. The ones that are different between Arms and Fury are:
    Ring (Arms get Ayala's Stone Heart| Fury get Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury)
    Waist (Arms get Naj'entus's Vertebrae | Fury gets Ceann-Ar Girdle)
    Wrist (Arms get Manacles of Mannoroth, the Flayer | Fury gets Verjas, Protectors of the Berserker Kings)
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2016-04-28 at 11:25 PM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Those Legendaries amuse me because they are insane for Arms and snoozeworthy for Fury.

the 6% buff is quite big, in the same ball-park # wise as the execute one, but it's far more boring, I agree. By biggest issue with them is that Arms get 3 DPS increase ones, where Fury only gets 2, and then a defensive one as their unique ones.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    the 6% buff is quite big, in the same ball-park # wise as the execute one, but it's far more boring, I agree. By biggest issue with them is that Arms get 3 DPS increase ones, where Fury only gets 2, and then a defensive one as their unique ones.
    And then there are the charge shoulders which are dogshit for everyone, yay!