Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    What I am really worried about is what ppl stated before. For example Zul'gurub (level 60) sets, deleted them all due to space and if the model is there and shows the specific item in the tab I am going to go insane not because I dont have it but because i HAD it and deleted it like pretty much every single person who played the game long enough to run out of space in every single bag and bank space the game has to offer.

As you all might know, there is a very limited space compared to all the souvenirs old players want to hold to. Or you think I am going to drop Nightbane's urn even if its grey.... Hell no! Its a souvenir!

Anyway, I guess it would be nice if blizzard removed the sources of each model so us OCD ppl dont have to go THAT insane.
    It's been a long time, but weren't the Zul'gurub sets from quests like AQ40? As far as I know the AQ40 ones are repeatable and I don't know if the game will be able to check if you've ever completed them.

But there was also a crapton of gear that I obtained while soloing Zul Gurub that I ended up vendoring due to bag space. I really hope they add new sources for unobtainable item models.

I don't have high hopes that Blizzard will hide unobtainable transmogs in the new system. The pet and mount tabs shows still stuff from very old promotions, Asian-exclusive promotions and other unobtainable pets/mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It's been a long time, but weren't the Zul'gurub sets from quests like AQ40? As far as I know the AQ40 ones are repeatable and I don't know if the game will be able to check if you've ever completed them.

But there was also a crapton of gear that I obtained while soloing Zul Gurub that I ended up vendoring due to bag space. I really hope they add new sources for unobtainable item models.

I don't have high hopes that Blizzard will hide unobtainable transmogs in the new system. The pet and mount tabs shows still stuff from very old promotions, Asian-exclusive promotions and other unobtainable pets/mounts.
    You are talking about AQ20, which is still in the game.

We will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any items you have previously owned, but do not currently own, will not be added.

(This part is from one of the blue posts I read here on MMO-C) For quests you have completed in the past, ALL items will be unlocked regardless of who did the quest. I have no idea if this will apply moving forward, since loot is based on your class now, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    You are talking about AQ20, which is still in the game.

We will see.
    I looked it up.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Predator's_Armor

The set was 5 pieces, with 3 pieces coming from quests. I'm fairly sure I completed those. The other 2 pieces are a trinket and a necklace, so no loss there.

Need some clarification.

I know we will have all quest items unlocked that we have completed, but I heard any quest completed after 7.0 will need to be completed on all appropriate toons to have the items unlocked

True?

So now is the time to try and finish Loremaster

quest items wont count till after legion pre patch.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkudo View Post
    quest items wont count till after legion pre patch.
    You're missing my point.

Quest completed now, will unlock all of the items, but if I go back and do old quests AFTER legion. Will all of the items unlock or just the one appropriate for me?

Meaning, finishing loremaster now, skipping the quest multiple times for the different items, or don't worry about it and continue at my own pace?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sad for throwing away all the ZG sets and some of the unobtainable ToTGC weapons.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) In Legion, quests that award gear will allow you to select between one of only two items.
    2) At no time will you ever be offered an armor type that is not suitable for your class or current spec (this hasnt been an issue for ages though).
    3) When you select which of the two items you want, you will unlock both appearances in your wardrobe.
    4) You will only be able to unlock armor appearances for your classes appropriate armor type. For example, even though a warrior can equip mail/leather/cloth items, that same warrior cannot unlock those appearances should he/she loot them. Im not sure how this is going to work out for plate wearers prior to L40 when they are still wearing mail armor.
    5) Unlocking a specific armor piece does not unlock the palette swapped versions of those armors. It will unlock that appearance only.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-04 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    4) You will only be able to unlock armor appearances for your classes appropriate armor type. For example, even though a warrior can equip mail/leather/cloth items, that same warrior cannot unlock those appearances should he/she loot them. Im not sure how this is going to work out for plate wearers prior to L40 when they are still wearing mail armor.
    Oh, i can answer this!

Now prior lvl 40, you won't be wearing mail (plate users) or leather (mail users), you will be using your normal gear type (So lvl 20 warrior will use plate), so most of the sets that were only leather or only mail and lower than lvl 40 will get a copy in mail and plate with the stats of the class it goes to.

1) In Legion, quests that award gear will allow you to select between one of only two items.
    2) At no time will you ever be offered an armor type that is not suitable for your class or current spec (this hasnt been an issue for ages though).
    3) When you select which of the two items you want, you will unlock both appearances in your wardrobe.
    5) Unlocking a specific armor piece does not unlock the palette swapped versions of those armors. It will unlock that appearance only.

I understand that but what about old quests that give choices and you complete the quest AFTER Prepatch. Will all items be unlocked or will only the item that's appropriate to wear?

That's my question, because I have a few places to quest in and get loremaster done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I understand that but what about old quests that give choices and you complete the quest AFTER Prepatch. Will all items be unlocked or will only the item that's appropriate to wear?
    It's the same for quests done before or after the prepatch: If it's a possible quest reward, and it's something your class could use, it unlocks. What you actually choose from the quest reward options doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    It's the same for quests done before or after the prepatch: If it's a possible quest reward, and it's something your class could use, it unlocks. What you actually choose from the quest reward options doesn't matter.
    Yea, I know that. Mail unlocks mail, cloth unlocks cloth, etc.

But, I've read that quests with multiple item choices, mainly the gear types, will need to be done on the class that can wear the quest reward after legion is launched. Though, if you complete quests now with multiple rewards, they will get unlocked no matter who completed it when it's launched.

Ex. Before Legion - Mail wearer completes a quest that offers a mail, and a plate piece. Get both items unlocked after Legion.

Ex. After Legion - Mail wearer completes that same quest, but only gets the mail piece unlocked. Therefore, a plate wearer has to compelet that quest in order for the plate piece to unlock.

So, the problem I want solved is, will those quest rewards be unlocked no matter who completes it AFTER Legion is launched, or do I need to complete them now before then so I would only have to do that quest once?

These are the old quests, we already know you get one item choice and it's the one you can use.

It's a difference between doing hundreds of quests now or gradually do them anytime.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a difficult problem to test because:
    A) Character copy is not enabled on Alpha.
    B) It has been a long time since quests offered gear that wasnt predetermined by your classes armor type. (E.G. the random selection of cloth, leather, or plate from back prior to wrath.)

This means that not only do these fresh L100 template characters have zero quest history with regards to the wardrobe, but that you cannot just run back to an old zone and test it on a few low level quests. Until character copy is enabled (most likely when beta launches) it cant really be tested for certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    B) It has been a long time since quests offered gear that wasnt predetermined by your classes armor type. (E.G. the random selection of cloth, leather, or plate from back prior to wrath.)

This means that not only do these fresh L100 template characters have zero quest history with regards to the wardrobe, but that you cannot just run back to an old zone and test it on a few low level quests. Until character copy is enabled (most likely when beta launches) it cant really be tested for certain.
    Can't you create a new character? that could be easily checked with a DK -Do with your lvl 100 character some of the starting quest in Hellfire Peninsula, and then do it with the DK (If your lvl 100 character happen to be a plate user, then get a DH instead to try it out)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Can't you create a new character? that could be easily checked with a DK -Do with your lvl 100 character some of the starting quest in Hellfire Peninsula, and then do it with the DK (If your lvl 100 character happen to be a plate user, then get a DH instead to try it out)
    This is true, i had forgotten that old Outland quests have not been updated with cataclysm. It should indeed be testable very early on in Hellfire Peninsula. If i can remember to check when i get home from work i will.

They've said, any quests completed before Legion launch will unlock all items no matter who completed the quest.

So a fresh 100 on the alpha would work, complete a few quests that then offer choice between rewards and see if the other items unlock (IE Plate completes it, gets the mail/cloth/leather unlocked).

Thanks much

It's not a big deal since I'm doing quests now anyways but I have hundreds to do.. lol Just wanting to know if I should knock them out before Legion or take my time
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-05-05 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    They've said, any quests completed before Legion launch will unlock all items no matter who completed the quest.

So a fresh 100 on the alpha would work, complete a few quests that then offer choice between rewards and see if the other items unlock (IE Plate completes it, gets the mail/cloth/leather unlocked).

Thanks much

It's not a big deal since I'm doing quests now anyways but I have hundreds to do.. lol Just wanting to know if I should knock them out before Legion or take my time
    As far as I know, quests only unlock your armor proficiency. Regardless of when you do it. So if you do a quest with plate and cloth on a dk, you'll only get the plate. Even if you did it before Legion. Which is why so many people are complaining, because it means to get it all, you need to do Loremaster 4 times essentially.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, alpha finally came back up about 9pm pst and i actually remembered to test this. Heres the skinny as it currently stands on alpha... Basically, i still cant verify for certain how quests completed prior to Legion are going to interact with the wardrobe, not with any certainty, but ive got a pretty good idea how its going to work now.

They have in fact changed the way quest rewards work in Hellfire Penninsula. Remember those quests at the beginning of the zone that used to give you like a random selection of armor types? They dont do that anymore. If the quest would have dropped an armor piece for your class and spec, that piece will still drop, but it will be the only piece offered from that quest. There is no opportunity to see if all four armors would have been unlocked in the wardrobe because the others are no longer possible rewards for you. It should be noted that if the original quest did not offer anything suitable for your spec, then you get extra gold instead (in addition to the experience.) This would strongly suggest that past quests will only unlock armors for your proficiency.

In regards to weapons, the quests that used to offer four random weapons do in fact still offer the weapons, but only the ones suitable for your class (all specs) are unlocked at quest completion. For example:

Using a Brewmaster Monk i completed the quest "The Path of Anguish" in HfP. Your possible quest rewards are a two handed ax, a spell staff, an agi staff, and a strength one-hander sword. Even though the tooltip only indicated that i was going to unlock the agi staff and the 1h sword, i did in fact unlock the spell staff too. The 2h Strength ax did not unlock. To see if it was just not tracked in the chat message, I logged out on the Monk and logged in on my Ret Pally to check his wardrobe. The 2H ax was not unlocked.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-06 at 04:58 AM.

There are still dungeon quests in WotLK that allow a choice between the armor types. At least on live that's the case.