Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Now THIS I agree with. No Loken, no Thorim, only two SoO bosses (and Xaril was only one ninth of a boss encounter), and only one boss tied to N'Zoth (Cho'gall)...instead we got reverse Rag, reverse Deathwing, reverse Hogger, reverse Nat Pagle...none of which make any single, solitary bit of sense whatsoever.

Another thing that I give massive credit to the designers of Magic as opposed to Hearthstone. Magic's card design is based around the story of that particular block. Invasion block was when I first jumped into playing the game. The entire set told the story of the end of what had been an ongoing storyline for several years. The set after that told the story of the world after the fall of Yoggmoth. The newest blocks do the same. Telling the story of the various Planeswalkers (Jace, Chandra, Nissa, Lilliana, and Gideon), then the story of the Eldrazi invasion and how the Planeswalkers banded together to stop it. And now in Shadows Over Innistrad, we get a new storyline told through the set of the corruption of Avacyn.

And what do we get from Whispers of the Old Gods? No stories. Just "hey let's take some guys and make em good/bad instead and call that a quality expansion set!". Yeah...no.
    The story is in the World of warcraft. Hearthstone is a game inside WoW universe.

@ OP
    ?

are you saying CThun decks are OP/broken ?

they are not

the only "problem" I see with him thats its a very easy to pilot, boring-ish deck, but thats ok for newer players

older players - just dont play him, there are highly competitive (aka good) non-CThun decks

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been having a field day vs these C'thun decks with Renounce Darkness, Freeze mage, Midrange hunter and N'zoth Rogue. I would guess Aggro Shaman, ZooLock and Pirate Warrior would also have an easy matchups vs these C'thun decks.

In a game where a minion has to be slightly OP to be played, playing tons of vanilla minions, just to get a huge payoff will have its issues vs Fast, Midrange and Combo Decks.

With some refining we might see some C'thun decks become really good, but currently they are falling prey to other better decks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    lolol, dude not trying to be a dick but those ranks don't mean anything. I can play a f2p deck and win in those ranks.
    Usually when you have to preface with 'not trying to be...' you are 100% being. Case in point, don't trash people with bullcrap. Rank 12 actually *is* something of which I have to remind myself every season. Rank 12 is >top 15% of the playerbase and each rank higher gets even more impressive. Don't poo poo others thinking their accomplishments are nothing compared to yours and besides the point, it's totally off topic.
    BAD WOLF

meh, so far cthun decks lose to aggro/tempo decks, basically as everyone predicted, since the vanilla stat minions just arent enough to stop the quick onslaught, while they took a significant chunk of your deck. not good against aggro means its like playing a hardmode trying to ladder with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    @ OP
    ?

are you saying CThun decks are OP/broken ?

they are not

the only "problem" I see with him thats its a very easy to pilot, boring-ish deck, but thats ok for newer players

older players - just dont play him, there are highly competitive (aka good) non-CThun decks
    Personally I haven't played a C'Thun deck yet and I'm holding back on crafting Twin Emperor till next week at least. I feel Blizzard had an agenda here like everyone will be hyped and play "goto" C'Thun decks at the beginning and scream how OP it is. It's an easy to play auto-pilot deck with very few decisions to make, even the deck building is simple. Very strong at the moment because everyone is still learning.

Ive just started conceding if i cant get a minion on the board in the first 2 turns and the opponent plays a C'thun buff before turn 3.

I think C'thun should start a 3/3 or something. He gets buffed way too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Personally I haven't played a C'Thun deck yet and I'm holding back on crafting Twin Emperor till next week at least. I feel Blizzard had an agenda here like everyone will be hyped and play "goto" C'Thun decks at the beginning and scream how OP it is. It's an easy to play auto-pilot deck with very few decisions to make, even the deck building is simple. Very strong at the moment because everyone is still learning.
    And because everybody disenchanted their BGH

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    meh, so far cthun decks lose to aggro/tempo decks, basically as everyone predicted, since the vanilla stat minions just arent enough to stop the quick onslaught, while they took a significant chunk of your deck. not good against aggro means its like playing a hardmode trying to ladder with it
    Mage Tempo C'thun is a thing and is doing pretty well for me right now. It definitely can lose outright to fast aggro especially Zoo but it also can stabilize and win well before C'thun would ever hit the table. That new Mage minion that Arcane Explosions your opponents' board is great help against aggro.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Bored of C'thun opponents, so I'm laddering classic face hunter to win games before they ever do anything.

I can't have fun with other slower decks whilst everybody and their dog is playing C'thun.

I just had a game in which the other player had C'thun cards, but I wasn't seeing his C'thun getting buffed. He had a C'thun as he played it, so it wasn't because he didn't have a C'thun. Did anybody else have that happen?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Ive just started conceding if i cant get a minion on the board in the first 2 turns and the opponent plays a C'thun buff before turn 3.

4/4 or 5/5 might be better. Or just make a few of the buff cards easier to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post

He gets buffed fast but he's often not really worth playing unless he's at least a 15/15 if not in the 20/20 range, otherwise he doesn't impact the board enough. If you have no board sure taking that much damage to the face sucks but if you're in that position you probably lose anyway.

The more I play it the more I'm underwhelmed by C'thun. He's often a win more card. I think N'Zoth decks are much stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    More of the buff cards need to have stipulations beyond, hey slap this down and make Cthun an instant win.
    Except it is not an instant. Just tonight I literally survived and won against a 25/25 C'thun doing precisely what I explained before; 1) maintain board control 2) maintain high HP 3) save hard removal. It takes their entire turn to drop C'thun and your minions on the board soak much of the damage. Then just kill it off and go ahead to win the game.

C'thun is at it's most devastating when you a) have minions to soak the damage and b) you're at low health. And no, before you ask, I was not running away with the board or anything. Just kept clearing his stuff while playing stuff of my own onto the board.

I don't see anything wrong with C'thun. Maybe he should start as a 5/5 or 4/4 instead to make the 10-attack condition cards harder to trigger (they are a bit too easy right now) but otherwise I see it as a really clever and fun card that defines a new archetype that is awesome to play and awesome to play against.

This, so far, has easily been my favorite expansion. I enjoy the new archetype and Blizzard surprised me again...instead of removing every two-card crazy damage combo, they gave everyone the ability to pull out crazy combos on turn 10, making it a game-defining feature and its own deck instead of removing it outright. Almost every other game developer would go the opposite way, potentially at the harm of the game. As a control lover, I would not enjoy a Hearthstone where every game went to fatigue and C'thun prevented that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Except it is not an instant. Just tonight I literally survived and won against a 25/25 C'thun doing precisely what I explained before; 1) maintain board control 2) maintain high HP 3) save hard removal. It takes their entire turn to drop C'thun and your minions on the board soak much of the damage. Then just kill it off and go ahead to win the game.

C'thun is at it's most devastating when you a) have minions to soak the damage and b) you're at low health. And no, before you ask, I was not running away with the board or anything. Just kept clearing his stuff while playing stuff of my own onto the board.
    Shadowstep
    Is
    Life

=D

I am maintaining a reasonably good winrate with my C'thun Rogue I am still tinkering with - 65-70% - and I have NEVER. ONCE. Swung with C'thun or had him killed.

C'thun - Shadowstep is just that good.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Shadowstep
    Is
    Life

=D

I am maintaining a reasonably good winrate with my C'thun Rogue I am still tinkering with - 65-70% - and I have NEVER. ONCE. Swung with C'thun or had him killed.

C'thun - Shadowstep is just that good.
    Hahaha, didn't think of that

Okey, new plan... nerf shadowstep!

I'm already bored with this expansion. All I see are C'Thun Priests which I can handle just fine but it gets stale. I feel like this expansion really limited the types of decks you can have. Aside from Aggro Shaman everything I've seen is a deck that revolves around 1 of the 4 Old Gods and there aren't enough class cards to provide variety. The only real different between C'Thun Priest and C'Thun druid is that Priest has more card draw. Twin Emps = Dark Arrakoa. Put in your other class C'Thun card and you're done. N'Zoth Rogue is the same as N'Zoth Hunter just swap your class cards and class spells. The decks all play the same. Yogg Mage and Yogg Hunter are gimmicks, albeit fun gimmicks, and the only Y'Shaarj deck I've seen is an Astral Communion deck.

There are only 2 viable decks right now.

1 C'thun deck
    It is VERY BORING to play "C'thun vs C'thun".

2 Aggro Shaman deck

Middle range deck is dead, because Twin Emperor Vek'lor is just as good as Dr Boom.
    It is game over if you reach turn 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    There are only 2 viable decks right now.

1 C'thun deck
    It is VERY BORING to play "C'thun vs C'thun".

2 Aggro Shaman deck

Middle range deck is dead, because Twin Emperor Vek'lor is just as good as Dr Boom.
    It is game over if you reach turn 7.
    Not even CLOSE to "as good as Boom"

If you have one minion on board with at least 6/5 in stats, congrats - you have the ability to trade both Emps with one card. Whereas Boom would kill that minion AND live AND still have his Boom Bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Hahaha, didn't think of that

Okey, new plan... nerf shadowstep!
    Shadowstep is 100% the cornerstone of my deck. Not only for C'thun himself, but Shadowstepping Blades Of C'thun ensures you DOMINATE Ctrl vs Ctrl matches. You can also Shadowstep Bran early to knock his cost down to 1, which means you only need one tick of Thaurissan OR C'thun to ensure a 10-mana Bran-C'thun combo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)