Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bzzt try again. But lets assume that is a typo.
    Yes, it was a typo. I meant Mop. Bzzt!

Flying wasn't taken away from you in WoD. You just weren't given the skill until later in the game as compared to other expansions. But it can't be taken away if you didn't have in WoD in the first place.
    I disagree. Wholeheartly. Flying wasnt as available in WoD as it was in MoP. The ability to fly in early endgame was taken away. Sorry, you have to accept i disagree here. I already wrote that you need to agree that i disagree here.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-28 at 10:24 PM.

is it also gonna be account wide like the wod one?

First of all, flying isn't a 'core ability' it's a luxury. Secondly, the requirements aren't even that steep considering we'll be out in the world a majority of the time and they've even said we'll gain rep as we're questing. Flying isn't a necessity, it's there for your convenience once you seen everything and been everywhere. It baffles me that people would even consider flying at launch, what a way to spoil the immersion throughout the zones.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I understand perfectly well that you keep using semantics for dishonesty. Your earned ability to fly wasn't taken with WoD, they simply introduced a WoD flying ability later then you expected. And it's fine to not agree with Blizz's design.
    It actually is the same ability.. to use a flying mount. If blizzard wants to resale it, they should add something new to it. As like "Earn your flying strawberry with earning the flying skill!"..

But, I repeat, telling that your xpac-to-xpac earned ability to fly was taken is false.
    You may believe that as much as you like. I believe what i think is true. You may use your wording. I use mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    holy smokes. I am all for putting in some effort, but flying is a core ability.

I hope blizzard does not use slow travel like they did in Draenor to slow content consumption.

And so it begins....get use ^this^ folks.....its going to be all over the official forums and I'm sure here there willl be 800 people a week writing threads on it.... remember the Draenor flying ordeal?

Anyone more on topic...going on the assumption we can work on this achievement starting day 1 -- its honestly not that ridiculous at all.

I was one of the people that didn't want to do draenor pathfinding ...turns out it wasn't 1/10th as bad as I envisioned it would be...the only thing I will despise is the rep grinding....I never liked rep grinding, not even back in Vanilla days....so I hate that requirement but the rest doesn't bother me in the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It actually is the same ability.. to use a flying mount. If blizzard wants to resale it, they should add something new to it. As like "Earn your flying strawberry with earning the flying skill!"..
    Except it isn't the same ability. That's the entire point, your flying ability in TBC is not the same of WotLK, Cata, MoP or WoD. It's not the same as ground mount.

Your TBC flying perk wasn't taken, your WotLK flying perk wasn't taken, your Cata flying perk wasn't taken, your MoP flying perk wasn't taken. Don't even care if you got the WoD one or not.

Deleted
    Except it isn't the same ability. That's the entire point, your flying ability in TBC is not the same of WotLK, Cata, MoP or WoD. It's not the same as ground mount.
    Frostbolt in Cata also was different to frostbolt in TBC. Still it was the frostbolt.

Currently, blizzard tries to sell you a frostbolt at level 100 and 110 for gametime played. While you already had frostbolt in classic. And in tbc. And in WotLK. And in Cataclysm. And in MoP.

But no, they dont take the frostbolt away, as you still may use your frostbolt in MoP content. Semantics. At the end, you dont have the frostbolt anymore up to the patch when you may kill 10000 furbolgs to get your frostbolt back.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-28 at 10:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something new like being able to use it in a new location? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=60166/cloudrunner-leng teaches six different flying abilities.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Frostbolt in Cata also was different to frostbolt in TBC. Still it was the frostbolt.
    Yet, you don't earn frostbolts for every single new continent. I see that you do like using dishonesty.

Currently, blizzard tries to sell you a frostbolt at level 100 and 110 for gametime played. While you already had frostbolt in classic. And in tbc. And in WotLK. And in Cataclysm. And in MoP.
    You had to buy frostbolt ranks in the past. Try again.

Something new like being able to use it in a new location? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=60166/cloudrunner-leng teaches six different flying abilities.
    He will spin that fact, just wait.

The reputations will be nothing.

I hit revered with the Highmountain Tauren by just doing Highmountain and finding ~4 rep insignia from treasures.

And I've found a shitload of treasures already, with a whole bunch in Suramar, Azsuna, and Val'sharah I've never even touched.

Deleted
    If the game still had spell ranks, these would be the ones for the frostbolt. Except in classic, you got all frostbolt ranks just by leveling up. And the one missing dropped in Ahn Qiraj 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet, you don't earn frostbolts for every single new continent. I see that you do like using dishonesty.
    No, you just learn them automatically by leveling up. There is no "earning". You wont have to do a grind or a frostbolt-finder achievement to get your most recent frostbolt, or as like with flying, to have a frostbolt at all.

You had to buy frostbolt ranks in the past. Try again.
    Which is not even comparable to a big grind and a time gate up to the last patch.

You can't tie flying usage to a progressing system when the progression is over. It is like waiting six months later to obtain Archimonde trinkets after you have downed him a dozen times before hand.

Flying in new areas isn't progression because it is not when content is current. Progression requires you are able to progress while content is current as that is the staple of MMO design. Or else there is no point to gear resets if progression can be awarded after content is no longer relevant.

Deleted
    He will spin that fact, just wait.
    There is no spinning. Just show you how crazy it would be to gate the frostbolt completely behind the last content patch.

And thats actually the same with flying. It's just a convenience skill in the open world. And we have that convenience spell since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Tbh this pathfinder looks way better than the WoD one. And at least we get some small perks per sub-achievement for the meta.
    Yea so much better who would want to get flying from the first meta let's do one for every patch and not get flying until the end of the exp again but this time with much more work put into it so much better..........

You will literally achieve these things by casually playing the game over the several months following launch. If you, you know, play the game. Content is there aplenty in Legion. Don't be one of the morons who sit in the class hall spamming "Nothing to do".

Same with WOD things. Not sure why people complain about having to earn something. This new generation of Wrath spawns who never experienced grinding for gold in Vanilla for a GROUND MOUNT. That's right. No flying mounts. And in BC earning enough gold to fly.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    If the game still had spell ranks, these would be the ones for the frostbolt. Except in classic, you got all frostbolt ranks just by leveling up. And the one missing dropped in Ahn Qiraj 20.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you just learn them automatically by leveling up. There is no "earning". You wont have to do a grind or a frostbolt-finder achievement to get your most recent frostbolt.

Which is not even comparable to a big grind and a time gate up to the last patch.
    We are talking about this, don't move the goal:

It is taken away from every start of a new expac up to the point when every single content was played and seen. Which makes it defakto irrelevant for its initial sake. To have a convenient way to travel.
    None of the six flying training were taken from you. Much like the frostbolt ranks weren't taken from anyone just because that person didn't got the AQ20 frostbolt rank.

Deleted
    None of the six flying training were taken from you. Much like the frostbolt ranks weren't taken from anyone just because that person didn't got the AQ20 frostbolt rank.
    I never said flying was taken away from old content. I said, that flying in current endgame was taken away.

And thats actually a fact. No matter how much as you try to twist it.

Deleted
    I never said flying was taken away from old content. I said, that flying in current endgame was taken away.
    You can't take something that wasn't there in the first place.

The correct sentence is "it wasn't given the opportunity to earn flying for the new continent like it was the standard in past xpac".

Deleted
    No, its quite different. I could use a level 5 frostbolt in classic even in Ahn Quiraj no matter if i had the level 6 frostbolt. Because of that its not really comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't take something that wasn't there in the first place.
    It was available in early MoP Endgame. It wasnt available in early WoD Endgame.

You still dont seem to get what i talk about. I mean.. i really told you about the problem for 4 to 5 posts now.. and still you are obviously not able to understand it.

Deleted
    It was availbale in early MoP Endgame. It wasnt available in early WoD Endgame.
    MoP Endgame isn't WoD Endgame. Once again, you can't take something that wasn't there in the first place.