Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait these smart guns or what ever, are we talking about Aliens Smart gun (Aliens the movie) or are we talking about Judge Dredd typa of smart gun with fingerprint or dna scanner?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'm not seeing the problem. He's not trying to force cops to test a gun that doesn't exist yet...and he'll be out of office long before any testing on such a weapon would begin. He's just saying.. "hey...what about the idea for this technology? Can we make it happen someday?"
    Its just an excuse for people to circle jerk about Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Wait these smart guns or what ever, are we talking about Aliens Smart gun (Aliens the movie) or are we talking about Judge Dredd typa of smart gun with fingerprint or dna scanner?
    Judge Dred, but it's more like how you can only start push button cars if the key is inside the car. So if someone grabbed a gun from a police officer, they couldn't shoot people with it. Real controversial, I know.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

...Seems like a pretty steep hill to place in front of yourself in an attempt to climb, really. I've often wondered when the weapon business will start making intelligent solutions though.

I want my own Robocop!...Preferably with the face of Joel Kinnaman and not Peter Weller! (^3^)

Edit: DNA or Fingerprint system...am I the only one who thinks "chop off the hand of the owner and take it along with the gun"...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-28 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Wasn't there a movie where this was the premise? Stallone or Schwarzenegger.(ty google autocorrect?)
    If you're talking about Judge Dredd in a serious gun discussion, I will have to ask you to step outside.

Fine. Let the Secret Service be the first to adopt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Did the the 2700 some odd guns that Obama handed the the murderous terrorist Mexican cartel members have "smart technology"?

And let me guess Obama has a few companies lined up ready to "develop" this technology.

...I'm sure none of those companies have board members close that have personal relationships with Obama.

...I'm sure no tax dollars will be funneled them via some hostile taxation.

..and I'm sure they wont go bankrupt months later having never produced a single product mysteriously burning through all the startup capital.

Funny isn't it?

We need smart technology to verify gun ownership but we don't need any verification for things like voting ...or collecting welfare ...or entering the country ...or ya know pretty much anything that translates to power for tyrants.
    Yeah, and they call them "common sense" laws because Obama needs a new catch phrase he can ride on because "Hope and change" was not the kind of change we thought....still waiting on the hope he can keep his change.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeing the problem. He's not trying to force cops to test a gun that doesn't exist yet...and he'll be out of office long before any testing on such a weapon would begin. He's just saying.. "hey...what about the idea for this technology? Can we make it happen someday?"
    When it gets signed into law then it would be forcing it upon them. This won't go anywhere as it leads to a lot of restrictions and adds a whole new element of something going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    When it gets signed into law then it would be forcing it upon them. This won't go anywhere as it leads to a lot of restrictions and adds a whole new element of something going wrong.
    No, it won't. Or, if it is...it won't be Obama forcing it on them. Even if a working prototype were to be made today...it would be years before it ever got placed into the hands of police officers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Fine. Let the Secret Service be the first to adopt it.
    Lol! Yeah, lets see him put this into action where his ass is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is implausible - nations without firearms don't have appreciably lower suicide rates and opt for other high efficacy methods such as hanging and bridge jumps. Sufficiently high buildings and bridges have even higher efficacy than gunshots. If banning guns had an appreciable impact on suicide rates, I'd expect to find a much more impressive difference between countries than what exists.
    This doesn't fit his agenda though, you know facts and logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Man Kills Himself In Hackensack By Lighting Charcoal Briquettes In Car

http://cliffsidepark.dailyvoice.com/...in-car/656142/

Two decades ago, charcoal-burning had become the second most-common method of suicide in Hong Kong after jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding the purpose here.

The problem isn't trigger happy people, the problem is guns getting stolen/used by the wrong people.

The officer conflict is a scarecrow tactic. Nobody said they wanted to issue them to officers as a testing ground, except the people worried about it. And even if they were going to do that, it's a good way to implement it in a more controlled environment first.
    No, I got that. The holster should be redesigned and inept, professionally trained cops losing their guns to amateurs should be addressed instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most Americans don't understand that if your smart gun fails, you can't just tell the bad guy to take a time out so you can call tech support.

The only people who want smart guns, is the gov, and gun grabbers. im sure they would offer a " jammer" to leo's once smart guns became main stream, to jam everyone's smart guns whenever they want.

No. I have a "safe Gun" Its within 3 feet of me, on my hip, or in my gunsafe. Take the nanny state crap back to the other side of the pond, or Commiefornia. Heck, New York would want them attached to a cell network.

Tell Obama's secret service, or what is left of it nowadays, to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    For police officers.

Oh boy, this is not going to go the way he thinks it is going to go.

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...hnology-222574

This is going to backfire on him badly (again).
    Not that he cares as Trump will undo his entire legacy shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    They are afraid that their guns could be remotely deactivated so they can't defend garageland against the evil evil government when they park their Bradley tank in their garden.
    I don't know how this would necessarily reduce violent crime and accidental shooting.
    You can still commit crimes with your gun and you can still accidentaly shoot someone with your gun.
    Its possible that I am wrong here, but I would say that almost all gun crimes and accidental shootings are committed with someone else's gun. Whether by theft or just plain old accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Stopped reading at the bolded text. If you got a point to make don't use racist terms to justify it.
    Again with this bullshit?

Take your triggered nonsense elsewhere.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    I don't see how his proposal is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    I don't see how his proposal is a bad thing.
    Because of the usual paranoia regarding anything Obama says about guns....it's obviously just another ploy for him to grab em all up so he can proclaim himself king of the united states.

Deleted
    Because of the usual paranoia regarding anything Obama says about guns....it's obviously just another ploy for him to grab em all up so he can proclaim himself king of the united states.
    It kinda feels like it. I mean, why would one otherwise stand behind the notion of less secure guns?

Is the US just a bunch of Bloodthirsty goons?

all this is an attempt as a back door gun ban
    make guns so expensive no average person could afford to buy one especially the ones that need to be able to buy a gun the most, and that is the poor the ones that live in those crime riddled neighborhoods

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    all this is an attempt as a back door gun ban
    make guns so expensive no average person could afford to buy one especially the ones that need to be able to buy a gun the most, and that is the poor the ones that live in those crime riddled neighborhoods
    And you need guns because some other goon has guns.

Thus, ID bound guns will eliminate that problem. Thugs won't be able to use it, since DNA-bound aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand no-one else needs to have guns, except the authorities.