Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Shit, I have to PvP in Legion. This is the perfect Paladin Mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Because the planned Worgen mount was scrapped in favor of making them run on all fours as their mount feature. Then later Blizzard realized the Alliance still needed 2 mounts in parity with the Horde, so they just gave them two standard mountain horses.

I agree that it's not special as far as unique mounts go, but I do think it looks really cool for what it is.

Also probably just me, but it looks a lot shaggier than the Stormwind brand of steed. I think they were trying to make it look more wolfish.
    Exactly! It really has this wolfish look, i mean loot at his skin. It's awesome, i love it. My character will feel complete now. I had to wait 6 years for a proper Gilnean mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I wonder, if the Gilnean ever reclaim Gilneas, that will let the Gilneas culture to florish once again, but the nation will be divided into the Cursed Gilneans and non cursed one, how will these two group react to each other?, will the Gilneans end up accepting the curse (we know that the Worgens curse is not transmited to the child upon reproduction, but only by bite or blood) making the Gilneans who doesn't accept the curse the minority and basically outsiders in their own city? or will the Worgen eventually die out?
    The curse isn't passed on to offspring, so in time, the worgen will merely be limited to a cult (if that). To be honest, I've never been a "huge" fan of the race.

Deleted
    I think most Gilneans are happy that their Children are born as normal humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think most Gilneans are happy that their Children are born as normal humans.
    I bet they are. And if the children want to get the curse when they grow up, all they have to do is ask. I wouldn't recommend it though :P Although plenty of Gilneans view their curse as a gift, it's still a curse, and there's a high chance to lose your mind during the transformation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I bet they are. And if the children want to get the curse when they grow up, all they have to do is ask. I wouldn't recommend it though :P Although plenty of Gilneans view their curse as a gift, it's still a curse, and there's a high chance to lose your mind during the transformation.
    I think those who view it that much as a gift that they would give it to their children are more those who follow the old Path. Most Gilneans probably only like the benefits of the Curse because it give them the strength to fight the Forsaken and get their vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think those who view it that much as a gift that they would give it to their children are more those who follow the old Path. Most Gilneans probably only like the benefits of the Curse because it give them the strength to fight the Forsaken and get their vengeance.
    Yeah the curse of the Worgen is their best weapon against the Forsaken, and that's why i'm pretty sure they'll maintain it, by passing it onto future generations as long as the Forsaken are still a threat to them.

I don't think they'll take Gilneas back. Mostly because of game mechanics, though.

As far as embracing the curse goes, a lot of Worgen have. In the Silverpine Horde stuff the Worgen are passing the curse on to help them fight the Forsaken. Its pretty well known that being a Worgen enhances your combat ability, but not everyone is willing to make the sacrifice (despite the fact that there doesn't really seem to be a downside).

10+ Year Old Account
    That's for now, it seens that with the curse, the got more than that, many started to pray to other "deities" like Goldrinn, if it ever becomes a main religion for the Gilneas, they may see a big change, maybe they will even have the curse as a way to "grow" (Having the curse transmited to the offspring after they reach X age)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDuke View Post
    As far as embracing the curse goes, a lot of Worgen have. In the Silverpine Horde stuff the Worgen are passing the curse on to help them fight the Forsaken. Its pretty well known that being a Worgen enhances your combat ability, but not everyone is willing to make the sacrifice (despite the fact that there doesn't really seem to be a downside).
    I wouldn't call that accepting the curse, that's basically, i prefer "this over that" mentality (before becoming an undead, i would prefer to become a worgen)

Deleted
    It doesn't have to be only for military service, i mean... it could be a great option for the old and the sick, i mean... we got an old lady who got the curse and she became stronger, faster, and more lively to the point that she (a civilian) could easily maul a Forsaken soldier

Exactly! It really has this wolfish look, i mean loot at his skin. It's awesome, i love it. My character will feel complete now. I had to wait 6 years for a proper Gilnean mount.
    The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't incorporate enough black as part of its color scheme. It seems more and more likely that Blizzard is moving the national color of Gilneas away from being black and more towards being either dusky blue or gray.

Then again that's just nitpicking on my part.

Anyway, I really wouldn't want to see Worgen die off. They're a big part of what makes Gilneans as a playable race distinguishable, and I think Worgen have become so synonymous with Gilneas now that I think it wouldn't be difficult to believe there would be a sizable enough population that would want to preserve the curse.

I don't really look and see a wolfish look. I see more of a draft/draught horse look to it, like a Clydesdale. They always described their horses as "mountain horses" in Gilneas, so it would stand to reason that they would have a large, more hairy working-class horse compared to the horses found in the other, flatter kingdoms. Perhaps in Stromgarde or Hillsbrad, they would have mountain horses as well. However, draft/draught horses are used for things like buggies, which are a Gilnean trait as well, meaning that their "mountain horses" - like the new Vicious mount - would indeed be a type of draft/draught horse.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2016-04-29 at 09:42 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneans tend to be a very close-knit bunch. I think the last of the anti-worgen holdouts were killed or defected when Crowley took a long walk off a tall cliff. As another poster mentioned, there might be some favoritism toward worgen in the military, at least for frontline positions against the Forsaken, but given Lorna is still human (so far as I've seen, this might be different in Legion) and holds a command position, I doubt it will be necessary. Non-Cursed Gilneans will just have to bust their hides to prove they can keep up with the Cursed Gilneans.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Gilneans tend to be a very close-knit bunch. I think the last of the anti-worgen holdouts were killed or defected when Crowley took a long walk off a tall cliff. As another poster mentioned, there might be some favoritism toward worgen in the military, at least for frontline positions against the Forsaken, but given Lorna is still human (so far as I've seen, this might be different in Legion) and holds a command position, I doubt it will be necessary. Non-Cursed Gilneans will just have to bust their hides to prove they can keep up with the Cursed Gilneans.
    On the ot her Hand, Gilneans love their guns and those Worgen Claws are not really good for the use of muzzleloaders.

And Blizzard should fix the point were a Worgen holds his Shield.

On the ot her Hand, Gilneans love their guns and those Worgen Claws are not really good for the use of muzzleloaders.

And Blizzard should fix the point were a Worgen holds his Shield.
    Worgen have been depicted as using guns without much problem.

If they couldn't use guns properly they wouldn't be allowed the Hunter class.

Deleted
    Worgen have been depicted as using guns without much problem.
    Which isn't really logical, logic wise. Look at their hands and then imagine how it would be to use a muzzleloader with those claws.

Which isn't really logical, logic wise. Look at their hands and then imagine how it would be to use a muzzleloader with those claws.
    I don't really see the issue other than the gun just has to be slightly bigger.

Also have you ever seen WolfCop?

Deleted

I meant more the whole loading, which would be lorewise a little bit more complicated with the Weapons they Gilneans use.

The problem is guns actually seem to look smaller on worgen than on humans. I think worgen hunters look very stupid.

It's also kind of a dumb concept. "Oh, I'm a huge feral werewolf man with razor sharp claws, but I'm gonna stand 50 yards away shooting you with a gun."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't incorporate enough black as part of its color scheme. It seems more and more likely that Blizzard is moving the national color of Gilneas away from being black and more towards being either dusky blue or gray.
    What's even worse, the horse will most likely carry the flag of Stormwind on its back, that ugly lion symbol. As every other vicious mount does.
    It fucking sucks, every vicious mount flag should represent the race it belongs to.
    Last edited by Graden; 2016-04-30 at 11:03 AM.