Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe because their bullshit excuse doesn't fly and people aren't retarded enough to believe them. I don't get why people can't admit that wow isn't good anymore and vanilla/bc were better. inb4 LE ROZE TINTED GOOGLE argument because people can't explain why wow is better today besides MUH SPEC

Guess what people did when they played retail and nos. They had 2 clients and vanilla was only 5 gigs which is nothing now. But please, keep telling me why a billiion dollar company can't give people more options.
    Because they have better things to do with said billion dollars than piss it away?

Just because you vanilla zealots think vanilla servers are a billion dollar idea doesn't mean they are...every single poll that I've seen on here has vanilla servers losing...which means you don't have as much support as you *think you do. You want to talk about how many thousands Nos had...well WoW has millions...even if it dropped it still has more *paying* customers than Nos had free ones.

As much as you would like to claim every loyal Nos player would gladly sub for a vanilla server...people were there just because they're pirating deadbeats.

Now that we know it *still* wont happen...can this die down already?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    200k players on a server with 0 marketing, ran by WoW fans for free vs 5 million players of highly advertised game, whose majority is from China (WoW has theme parks in China, lol), from a company that exists over 20 years.
    Hahahaha, in today's world, if people wanted to play on private servers, they would. People played on private WoW servers back in Classic, I actually have a few IRL friend who only played on Private servers, so don't talk like marketing matters when it comes to WoW today ... every WoW player (ex or current) who is sligthly interested in playing Classic WoW would find a private server in under a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Hahahaha, in today's world, if people wanted to play on private servers, they would. People played on private WoW servers back in Classic, I actually have a few IRL friend who only played on Private servers, so don't talk like marketing matters when it comes to WoW today ... every WoW player (ex or current) who is sligthly interested in playing Classic WoW would find a private server in under a minute.
    Not really, majority doesn't know what exactly pservers are and don't have any clue how to find/connect to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why a lot of people that quit wow are eager to pay sub for legacy servers?

Because you are wrong. WoW is now linear single player action "RPG" (even MOBA games have more RPG features than WoW, for example resistances, hit chance, etc) with 0 immersion. And now - featuring garrisons in Legion!
    I was about to make a serious reply...then I saw you edit your post making a claim that MOBAs have more rpg features than wow...really? Once again live to prove you vanilla zealots will literally say anything, including lying through your teeth.

If hit chances and resistances are what make a rpg to you...well I've played multiple rpgs without those stats...now if you want to claim Kotor isn't a RPG...well go ahead you'll just prove my point even more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    As these threads have proved, the simple existence of people preferring Vanilla and voicing their opinion is enough for you fanboys to whine very very vocally about.
    Pettiness, desire to deprive others of what they have, it all fits perfectly, wanting Blizzard to ignore what could improve the game and just continue the dumbing down they like, afraid that Blizzard does anything that could bring a better design back... Yeah, it's exactly what you described !
    I am not against anything, save maybe your attitude and those like you.

They announced they were talking about Pristine servers, and all you guys can do... is more bitching.

Likely it wouldn't matter what they do, the bitching would only increase.

You united over Nostralius, how quickly that unity falls apart when they present other options.

You're a joke.

Deleted
    Not really, majority doesn't know what exactly pservers are and don't have any clue how to find/connect to one.
    Sure, sure, keep telling yourself that.

Deleted
    WoW still has exactly the same things it had years ago. It has quests, dungeons, raids, pvp zones, capital cities, open world, it has EVERYTHING old WoW had.
    Wow right now has pointless easy quests, dead pvp zones unless you count ashran... the open world is so dull and challengless compared to vanilla its a joke. Can you imagine a current wow where a mob the same level as you would kill you in groups of two?

New wow is easier to level in grays then old wow was. Dungeons are a utter joke outside of lol imma pull a room cm or outgeared at launch mythic.

Deleted
    So why a lot of people that quit wow are eager to pay sub for legacy servers?

Because you are wrong. WoW is now linear single player action "RPG" (even MOBA games have more RPG features than WoW, for example resistances, hit chance, etc) with 0 immersion. And now - featuring garrisons in Legion!
    I don't care why people are eager to pay for it, IF they even are. I can say I'm eager to pay for dunno what, but will I really pay for it?

And for RPG part, WoW Classic was already dumbed down from RPG standards for that time, why don't you go back to original RP games if you're so into originality?

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Wow right now has pointless easy quests, dead pvp zones unless you count ashran... the open world is so dull and challengless compared to vanilla its a joke. Can you imagine a current wow where a mob the same level as you would kill you in groups of two?

New wow is easier to level in grays then old wow was. Dungeons are a utter joke outside of lol imma pull a room cm or outgeared at launch mythic.
    WoW in 2004 had pointless easy quests, pointless group quests that you skipped if you were trying to level efficiently, pvp doesn't matter so any changed to pvp don't matter... It wasn't challenging. It was tedious. Leveling was NEVER NEVER NEVER challenging. It was GATED.

You want challenge, go play an early Mega Man or Contra game. Leveling in WoW is not, nor was it ever meant to be "challenging". It's called the casual's MMORPG for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I was about to make a serious reply...then I saw you edit your post making a claim that MOBAs have more rpg features than wow...really? Once again live to prove you vanilla zealots will literally say anything, including lying through your teeth.

If hit chances and resistances are what make a rpg to you...well I've played multiple rpgs without those stats...now if you want to claim Kotor isn't a RPG...well go ahead you'll just prove my point even more!

~13 relevant attributes?
    vs

5 relevant attributes (and versatility, most RPGesque stat ever!), not counting stamina because if stamina can be on an item, it is on an item, and armor, because, well, it was never really relevant.

More RPG values? Only on RP realms, there's not many of them. Quests? Yeah, quests, linear questing with plotholes so big that they need books to explain them lol
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2016-04-28 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post

Questing was harder in Classic, no doubt about it, still easier than in other MMOs back then. PvP zones are just as big as they once were, since they are limited to players. Real Open World PVP to which people like to refer so much was played in same spots, other than that it was just ganking, sure it can be funny to gank someone, I guess, but that isn't real PvP. World challenges, well I guess if you never raided then yeah, world could seem challenging, if you were in a raiding guild and had gear, you were a god and nothing could touch you, especially if you were a Paladin.

People talk about classic WoW like they only leveled and that was that. If you would really raid and played the game back then, then you would know it got A LOT easier with gear ... I was usually doing dungeons with a group of friends and we had a rogue for a tank for god's sake ... and I'm talking about Stratholme, Scholomance, LBRS, etc. ...

Raids were easier a lot back then and quite a few things got easier after you got geared. It was fun back then, not gonna deny it, but would I play it nowadays? Nah, it was amazing back then, but those were different times.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2016-04-28 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    WoW in 2004 had pointless easy quests, pointless group quests that you skipped if you were trying to level efficiently, pvp doesn't matter so any changed to pvp don't matter... It wasn't challenging. It was tedious. Leveling was NEVER NEVER NEVER challenging. It was GATED.

You want challenge, go play an early Mega Man or Contra game. Leveling in WoW is not, nor was it ever meant to be "challenging". It's called the casual's MMORPG for a reason.
    Can you name one of these easy pointless quests?

You don't seem to grasp much if you think early wow leveling was gated outside of what it is now... did you mean it had more grinding?

WoW wasn't one of the hardest mmos when it came out but it is a utter joke now. You passively heal faster then mobs can dmg you on most classes. 99% of the game is que into something that dies to white attacks.

Some people want a game with depth. Not unstoppable juggernaut simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I am not against anything, save maybe your attitude and those like you.

They announced they were talking about Pristine servers, and all you guys can do... is more bitching.

Likely it wouldn't matter what they do, the bitching would only increase.

You united over Nostralius, how quickly that unity falls apart when they present other options.

You're a joke.
    Thanks for proving my point

I love how you smugly ask "hey, what would I whine about ?", get the answer "well, the fact others prefer Vanilla", and then your next post is 100 % pure whine about people preferring Vanilla

Deleted
    Questing was harder in Classic, no doubt about it, still easier than in other MMOs back then. PvP zones are just as big as they once were, since they are limited to players. Real Open World PVP to which people like to refer so much was played in same spots, other than that it was just ganking, sure it can be funny to gank someone, I guess, but that isn't real PvP. World challenges, well I guess if you never raided then yeah, world could seem challenging, if you were in a raiding guild and had gear, you were a god and nothing could touch you, especially if you were a Paladin.

People talk about classic WoW like they only leveled and that was that. If you would really raid and played the game back then, then you would know it got A LOT easier with gear ... I was usually doing dungeons with a group of same friends and we had a rogue for a tank for god's sake ... and I'm talking about Stratholme, Scholomance, LBRS, etc. ...

Raids were easier a lot back then and quite a few things got easier after you got geared. It was fun back then, not gonna say it, but would I play it nowadays? Nah, it was amazing back then, but those were different times.
    Why do people fall back on saying wow is easier then everquest in these threads?

Raiding is the one thing that remained a some what constant. Back then gear had a proper curve and granted I am not a fan of resist gear but is is better then the insta epics we have now.

As for your thing about a rogue tank in dungeons... I solo heroics in WoD and i did so in MoP as mage.... soloed as in 1v5 no healer no tank.

I would say as a person that cleared every raid but current and factoring in how much weaker characters where in vanilla... Aq and naxx would compare to most heroic and mythic encounters. Early wow raiding is pretty easy will give you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the times when I am embarrassed that I am part of the WoW community. "I want, I want, gimme, gimme, gimme" is all I hear from these people. It's like listeneing to a bunch of 5 year olds crying over a toy their parents won't buy for them. Seriously why can't these people just either accept the game or move on to something else? If it's not part of Blizzard's agenda then leave it alone. This is not YOUR game. You don't get to make the decisions of what gets added and what gets taken out. Sure you can provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, that is always welcome but demands are a different thing entirely. It truly is embarrassing.

Man, the WoW community consists of way too many self entitled people who think they can just get what they want if they cry, complain, and demand loud enough.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account

~13 relevant attributes?
    vs

5 relevant attributes (and versatility, most RPGesque stat ever!), not counting stamina because if stamina can be on an item, it is on an item, and armor, because, well, it was never really relevant.

More RPG values? Only on RP realms, there's not many of them. Quests? Yeah, quests, linear questing with plotholes so big that they need books to explain them lol
    So? You're trying to say stats and attributes make a RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So? You're trying to say stats and attributes make a RPG?
    He tried the same argument on the wowservers reddit. He got roasted there for it too. Not surprising when you consider the failure of a private server he is part of the staff of.

Deleted
    The hater number 1 still here puting more toxicity .

Still waiting to blizzard not giving a fuck about the petition .

So nice to see people coming here mad with vanilla and we vanilla players dont go to the wod threads .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    The hater number 1 still here puting more toxicity .

Still waiting to blizzard not giving a fuck about the petition .

So nice to see people coming here mad with vanilla and we vanilla players dont go to the wod threads .
    That's funny...I just ran into a heavily biased video on YT that compares Nos world PvP to the Garrison...

~13 relevant attributes?
    vs

Um. Literally everything in your picture is in WoW. I can't even describe the fail here.