Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Pretty much this.

I was interested in the idea of class order halls, but given the way Warrior's has been turning out on the alpha, I'd rather have been given the choice to promote 6 of my garrison followers to champions and bring them with me. Seriously, we're supposed to be the Warrior Leader who is not leading a single other warrior? And I am pretty sure we are the only class hall where it makes absolutely no sense in the lore for other warrior PCs to even be there. The whole thing is sloppily done, not that warriors expect much better from Blizzard at this point.
    It's even worse when you consider that most of our "class quests" involve Odyn and titan watchers. There are only two quests I know of (one for Alliance and one for Horde) that involves heroes of our faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No single class order hall makes sense for other PCs being there lorewise, you and you alone are the one class leader there.
    It only doesn't make sense if you consider all of the other players there the leader. Ignoring that part, it makes perfect sense to see other players in them. They're places that make sense for others of the class to congregate to. The warrior one is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There aren't any major Warriors left in lore it seems.
    Saurfang should be all you need.

No single class order hall makes sense for other PCs being there lorewise, you and you alone are the one class leader there.
    Yes, but each individual could at least think of it as "I'm the class hall leader, these other mages are just other mages in the area"

For Warriors you look around and see a bunch of non-Vykrul and say "Wait I thought I was supposed to be the only living person allowed here?". I mean it would be an easy fix (simply change the quest to make us the first, but have us go out recruiting others, so by the end of the campaign there's as many living alliance/horde warrior npcs there as there are Vykrul)"... but Blizzard has stayed pretty stubborn on their current position despite there being multiple feedback threads in the alpha forums about this exact issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It only doesn't make sense if you consider all of the other players there the leader. Ignoring that part, it makes perfect sense to see other players in them. They're places that make sense for others of the class to congregate to. The warrior one is not.
    The one that doesn't make sense it's the warlock, not the warrior one.

The one that doesn't make sense it's the warlock, not the warrior one.
    Except the Warlock one you said yourself that you recruit other warlocks, just other warlocks that you "trust".

The Warrior one there is literally not supposed to be a single other living soul in the place. And that is horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Except the Warlock one you said yourself that you recruit other warlocks, just other warlocks that you "trust".

The Warrior one there is literally not supposed to be a single other living soul in the place. And that is horrible.
    We still don't have any hint at all of the Warrior Class Campaign, besides the followers. So, unlike the warlocks, it's very soon to say either.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still don't have any hint at all of the Warrior Class Campaign, besides the followers. So, unlike the warlocks, it's very soon to say either.
    Except that you get into the warrior class hall by dying, in a specific moment, surrounded by vrykul, that gets you noticed by Odyn, who makes an exception for you to be there in the vrykul afterlife. It literally does not make sense for other warrior players to be there unless they were all there at that one specific moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Doesn't that completely undermine the entire point of Class Order Halls? Isn't it supposed to be a collective working together? If it's just you then I don't see the point. It would be 5 steps backwards compared to the Garrison army you commanded.
    Well, you cherry picked your response from what I said. I validated my point above and below this blurb. Without that context of course you make a point, include everything I said, and your comment holds no water.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There aren't any major Warriors left in lore it seems.
    There's Baine.

....so yeah, no major Warriors left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If anything it can serve as an incentive to make more interesting hero characters out of them in future lore. Sometimes the potential can be more exciting than anything else...
    Well, that I agree with. But it's just a shame that while some classes get to work alongside heroes, others are working alongside nobodies who could potentially become heroes. There is quite a bit of difference between the classes in that regard.

I know, it's not finished and all that. Let's just hope there is still a lot that will be implemented in later builds. And who knows, perhaps we do get to see the fallen Warrior heroes like Lothar, Grom, Broxigar, Llane, etc. It would fit the theme of the Warrior Class Hall.

Deleted
    Since most people seem to think there are no good warrior heroes that could be used as champions thought I'd give my suggestion of who I would pick

First off ...

Varok Saurfang/Danath Trollbane Arm Warrior

These two were the first one with at the intro to the Warrior order hall, Danath went to collect intel and Varok went there to die, both of you get shot down but are separated and nether are seen again for the rest of the quest. But what if instead of them crashing elsewhere they landed with you and help fight off the wave of demons along side you and the Vyrkul, nearly die during the fight. They could of been taken up with you and since you were made Valarjar they discide you are the best hope for the world and join you to help protect Azeroth.

Warmaster Zog/Sergeant Dalton Arm Warrior

While nether had much of a presence in their original appearance both served as the right hand for their respected leaders, so it seem fitting one of the second champions to collect would be them.

Eitrigg Fury Warrior

This guy is a true orc warrior. One with honour, strength and some fucking integrity (Unlike some orcs I could name.) It would be ashame to see this character just carry on sitting on the side even after learning his best friend was slain by the Legion.

Anduin Lothar/Grom Hellscream Arm Warrior

Yes, these two. These legends of old. The two greatest warriors Azeroth has ever seen....so how come they are not in the Halls? Maybe because Odyn a bit of a dick or maybe their souls were lost. with Chronicles we now know all mortal souls are drawn into the "Shadowlands" and that Val'kyr search it for worthy souls. Maybe we could go there in search of them finding that are trap in a endless cycle of repeating the battle in which they lost their lives in. Regardless be cool to see the return of these two maybe they remain as ghosts lock in the Halls or maybe they are revived though some Titan magic or given titanforge bodies to aid us.

Finna Torbjornsdottir Protection Warrior

Who? She one of the Vyrkul who die during the intro questline. She and one of the others, Svergan Stormcloak join you in the Hall and at the time of the Alpha, just stand around being decorations. So why Finna and not Svergan to be one of your champions? Simple, looking at her arms and armour I assume she would become a Val'kyr or an apprentice one, maybe she help you to find and acend your other champions maybe with her we can learn more of the lore and story of the Vyrkul.

Named Wrathguard Fury Warrior

...Wait what? Yes. a demon joins you, hear me out on this. Though out the Warrior Questline I would assume we would still be fighting the Legion as well as a main villain though it. Now what if the villain had his personal champion, a Wrathguard that you fight throughout the campaign but never mange to kill yet he can't beat you either. Eventually while in your Halls Odyn tell you that this demon has been rampaging around the Isles calling your name, trying to get your attention and when you arrive to face him, he challenges you to a final duel, if you win, he swears to serve you for eternity, naturally you win and now you have a loyal demon bodyguard.

Jarod Shadowsong Protection Warrior

This is the man who lead the armies of Night Elves, Tauren, Earthen, Wild Gods against the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients. If anyone has earned their seat in the Halls of Valor, it him. Given he tend to keep out of sight and hate being in the Leadership role, I think he'd prefer to follow your lead than take command himself, preferring to be the advisor to the hero than be one himself.

Thura Fury Warrior

Niece of Broxigar and wielder of the Axe of Cenarius, she could use more of a spotlight since her only appearance has been in the book Stormrage. This would be a perfect time to bring her to the front and make her uncle proud by fighting the Legion alongside the greatest warriors of the world.

Renfield Protection Warrior

If the idea of the Champions in Legion is to be like the Knights of the Round Table, then every such group need a Sir Dagonet the Jester, and hey Renfield already a Hozen, so he fit the bill perfectly/

So yeah those were my ideas for the Warrior Champions rather than just the pile of Vrykul that we got instead, what do you lot think? Any of these you think are bad, good or have a better suggestion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TalinSilverbane View Post
    Since most people seem to think there are no good warrior heroes that could be used as champions thought I'd give my suggestion of who I would pick

First off ...

Varok Saurfang/Danath Trollbane Arm Warrior

These two were the first one with at the intro to the Warrior order hall, Danath went to collect intel and Varok went there to die, both of you get shot down but are separated and nether are seen again for the rest of the quest. But what if instead of them crashing elsewhere they landed with you and help fight off the wave of demons along side you and the Vyrkul, nearly die during the fight. They could of been taken up with you and since you were made Valarjar they discide you are the best hope for the world and join you to help protect Azeroth.
    Both are actually part of the only Alliance/ Horde quests I know that involve faction heroes. Saurfang wants to restore his honor and return to the Broken Shore to slay demons. Trollbane wants to gather intelligence/ data on why we lost the fight. Too bad there aren't more of those (right now at least as far as I am aware.

10+ Year Old Account
    While everyone gets crappy churches and the like, we get fkin Valhalla. And Odyn.

I seriously don't see the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    While everyone gets crappy churches and the like, we get fkin Valhalla. And Odyn.

And Hymdall, Thorim and Hodir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

Because in the long term, they do not matter. When the Legion is defeated and the Broken Isles are cleared of demons, Odyn, the Vyrkul and the Halls will remain as they are. Keeping this small place in Azeroth. The other classes while might not have a hall as grand as ours, have factions that can still effect the world in the long run. Things like the Uncrowned manipulating politics within the Alliance and Horde, the Conclave with it's secret war on the Cults of the Old Gods, the Druids and Shamans, maintaining the world's balance. All the characters, while some we might not see again are important figures in the world and many will carry on effecting it. Odyn and the rest of the Titan Watchers, stay in Northrend, and untill Blizzard feel like going back to Northrend or the Isles, we will likely never interact with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    jesus you are insane

The good wow celebreties are the ones that kept quiet and only cared about contributing to betas or pumping out videos.

People like him or Towliee that will suck blizzard´s cock for anything are not welcome in this game they cant even master it but claim they do and are knowledgeable
    Streamer enjoys playing WoW? must be sucking Blizzard's cock for some kind of benefit.

10/10 would read post again, well-informed and accurate.

Does everyone who enjoys WoW suck Blizzards cock, or is it reserved specifically for streamers? I'd just like to know how much dick I've been sucking over the last 12 years I've been playing WoW.

Deleted
    I think Warrior's got the good deal this expansion to be honest.

Valhalla fits Warrior's well, not everything has to come from Warcraft 3 to be good lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much trash. If Valhalla is the place where heroic warriors supposedly go after dying, it's questionable why there are no known NPCs of ours there (Grom, Lothar, etc.)
    Because Odyn does not like the fleshy ones, as he believes in the world the Titans left him in charge of, as Prime Designate.

Deleted
    Too bad Herod, the Scarlet Champion is gone Now that's a warrior!