Thread: knives

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Am I the only one who sees how backwards this statement is?

You are the one who seems paranoid, Niwes, that is the only reason I can imagine for you thinking this person intends or wants to use this knife in an unlawful way despite no evidence to that at all...
    Yeah I thought the same thing, but just concluded that he must be a sheltered young kid with little to no real life experience.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have a box knife and a butterfly knife in my purse. I also have a set of knee-high boots that have steel pointed heels that can function like knives.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I also have a set of knee-high boots that have steel pointed heels that can function like knives.
    If they're anything like mine, completely impractical though. I can barely wear them for more than 10 minutes without sitting down, absolute murder on my ankles. I think they do more damage to me than I could ever hope to dish out.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I have a box knife and a butterfly knife in my purse. I also have a set of knee-high boots that have steel pointed heels that can function like knives.
    That thing is legal to carry concealed where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    iirc balisongs are only illegal in a small handful of states (assuming the US).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Bullshit, only certain kinds of knives are banned, learn the laws of your own lands, if its under 3 inches you are fine.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives
    Is yours under 3 inches rich?

I carry a fix blade and a folder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Is yours under 3 inches rich?
    Yeah, I am very used to packing a tiny one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Knives have a function. You do do gardening if you have houseplants. Art's function is to be observed and enjoyed, if you do those things it makes sense to have them. When someone doesn't use knives but wants to display one it's somewhat like displaying martial arts weapons you can't wield, only makes you look like a weirdo who is trying to be cool.
    I use my knife countless times throughout my day. Opening boxes at work, cutting cables, sometimes it makes a good screwdriver or a pry tool too.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account

Yep, Buck 110 should probably get something other than a hunting knife but it does the job. Carry it everywhere that I can. Not really for personal defense since the other person will more than likely have a gun and I'm not going to try and be a hero but its a good tool that comes in handy when you least expect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

My usual carry is usually this one or my Benchmade Mini Griptilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    iirc balisongs are only illegal in a small handful of states (assuming the US).
    Even in California, which has fairly restrictive knife rules, you can own one just not carry around.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    1:Knives have a function. You do do gardening if you have houseplants. Art's function is to be observed and enjoyed, if you do those things it makes sense to have them. When someone doesn't use knives but wants to display one it's somewhat like displaying martial arts weapons you can't wield, 2nly makes you look like a weirdo who is trying to be cool.
    1: And it'll have a function in my home, as a decoration because I think it's a lovely piece of art in itself!
    2: That's your opinion, not a fact. ^^

i carry a swiss army knife cause i want to be like Macgyver, also i am a mechanic and it comes in handy at work.
    Last edited by mizeri; 2016-04-28 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Eh. I think the skeletool is overrated. I'd rather have a more solid feeling multitool like the Wave or something. To each their own, though.
    Mine is a wave :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    If they're anything like mine, completely impractical though. I can barely wear them for more than 10 minutes without sitting down, absolute murder on my ankles. I think they do more damage to me than I could ever hope to dish out.
    I am rather adept at wearing heels. I can even do some martial arts in them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Frequent Uses
    Opening Mail. Removing staples. Opening boxes and packages, removing tags.
    Peeling fruit and vegetables. Halving candy bars for children.
    Cutting up cardboard boxes for disposal. Repairing and cleaning fingernails,
    Removing splinters and thorns. Deburring wood, plastic and metal objects.
    Chamfering holes and sharp edges. Marking parts for drilling or cutting.
    Repairing handles on hoes, shovels, and axes before getting a splinter from them.
    Scraping away rust, paint, dried or wet glue, labels and adhesive.
    Cutting and trimming thread, string, fishing line, shoe laces, cord, wire, straps and rope.
    Cleaning cracks and recesses. Extracting objects from slots, cracks and crevices.
    Prying things loose. Trimming plants. Fashioning Wood and Plastic items by whittling.
    Repairing clothing and shoes by trimming fabric, cutting threads, making holes.
    Occasional Uses
    Opening canned goods, Preparing food, and as an eating utensil. Preparing kindling for fire. Dividing an
    aspirin for fractional dose. Sharpening pencils. Killing centipedes and scorpions.
    Making stick horses, marshmallow roasters, and other utensils and toys. Opening cheap locks. Making or
    modifying bandages. Rapping on jar lid to loosen seal. Trimming candles and wicks, and fishing line.
    Scraping corrosion from electrical terminals. Trimming insulation from electrical wires.
    As a Screwdriver substitute, to repair eyeglasses, watch, car, computer, or other machinery.
    Field dressing game animals. Making all the components of a spear, sling, or slingshot.
    Extracting nails from tires. Tapping on pipe to loosen stuck valve. Digging meat from a pecan.
    Potential Uses
    To Cut seatbelt to extract trapped driver, cut shoelaces to extract trapped foot.
    To Remove clothing from injury in First Aid. To write by scribing on something.
    For Personal defense against man or beast. Cutting hose for snorkel or breathing tube.
    To Dig through a wall to safety. Remove thorns from prickly pear, so it can be eaten.
    For the steel part of fire making by flint and steel (sacrificial; this really tears it up.)
    To fashion weapons and snares for catching small animals, or cages to hold them.
    To improvise clothing and shelter from available materials
    This is an hilarious post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i carry a swiss army knife cause i want to be like Macgyver, also i am a mechanic and it comes in handy at work.
    For cracking open beers when you overcharge someone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes, however firearms are not... Despite that, I've been told many times to carry a concealed firearm as well by both local cops and state troopers alike.
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Hah, force the assailant to wear them in that case I say! Reminds me of that line in Snatch where Tommy's gun would do more damage if he fed it to his enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    For cracking open beers when you overcharge someone?
    hmm there is more to this story