Saw this on Kotaku. It's so fucking silly! How they're loafing around in that shitty swamp.

They kicked that one guy to a pulp, like a bunch of hooligans. Hilarious bullshit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Sometimes they simply make mistakes. I think Miyazaki is unfortunately beginning to suffer from the 'kojima/kubrik' syndrome where they are deified on an impossible pedestal. Already you have people going completely fucking nuclear at the idea that Dark Souls 3 is not a divine gift from god because it MUST be, because the legendary Miyazaki can do wrong, right?

But much as i love em theres never been a perfect souls game. demons made farming heals way to easy, dark had lost izalith and bed of chaos, nuff said, 2 had too many dudes in armour and Bloodborne kept its best blood gems in chalice dungeon farm runs. Just the same DS3 has its own issues, in some respects its got the most in the series, but theres probably no deep secret behind things like stagger souls 3, they just screwed up, even Miyazaki and his team are only human. Just like how Kojima didn't plan every nuance of metal gears convoluted story and kubrik did indeed make continuity errors on the set of the shining.

But some creatives get put on the pedestal that makes this impossible to the minds of some folks and boy will they get their feelings super hurt letting you know how divine and infallible they are
    What bothers me is a lot of these flaws are pretty damn evident after playing the game even for an hour or two. So which is it, was the design team a bunch of doofuses or did they inexplicably miss glaring issues that are apparent even 60 minutes into the actual game?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    My feelings with DS3 are this: its one of the weakest souls games NOW, but we have dlc on the way. Bloodbourne post the old hunters expansion is a very different game, pun not intended, and i imagine they are watching the player behaviour now to tailor the dlc.

Which i am still 100% sure is about the queen being the last daughter of manus/her handmaiden being the 3rd serpent maiden.
    I do enjoy Dark souls 3 a lot but I do agree that its weak for me at least on story. It leans a little too hard on nostalgia for Dark Souls 1 for fans. Bloodborne's story was amazing and the DLC really added to it and I hope the DLC adds to Dark souls 3.

They had a lot of potential with Aldrich as a god devourer and Yhorm but I felt those guys sort of fell flat because of the level design almost. When I reached Anor Londo I was torn between affectionate nostalgia and the blatent way they tugged at those heart strings. But there was no build up, you run through the main hall and then the boss fight. That was basically it, so what you will about lost izalith and I agree it was a real wtf zone it felt like a real build up to bed of chaos getting through it.

Similar thing with the profaned capital, I thought I was going to delve into some massive zone that over multiple play throughs would shed light upon the profaned flame and a journey that would culminate with Yhorm. Unfortunately its just cross a bridge and get into his boss room. I probably enjoyed Dark souls 2 more than most seemed to mostly because it took what it had to work with from souls and added some new things and ran with it. For all its other faults souls 2 tried something nice with its design such as Drangleic castle, a new twist on the dark as a sanctuary almost not purely monstrous, and a sort of dread in its atmosphere in pursuit of the king.

Souls 3 unfortunately is just relying far too much on fond feelings of Souls that even its more unique elements sort of get run over. I am hopeful for the dlc, but then again I have come off of bloodborne which I was hugely pleased with in terms of its atmosphere and story, shitty chalice dungeons ruining my desire to start a new character non-withstanding, and there's always sequel-fatigue so I don't know how much to hold against DS3 with that in consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why that video went viral. I guess it's funny but I liked OnlyAfro's sniping video a lot more. It's ridiculous how viral that Shrek video went though, it even showed up on Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible DLCs will make lore and gameplay more interesting but I'm not really sure if I want to give FromSoft more money when I'm still not sure if they really earned the $60 I paid for DS3. Siegward, Andre, etc are all just blatant fanservice. DS2 proved that you can incorporate major elements of popular DS1 characters while still creating a character that's still unique and interesting in their own right (Benhart copies some mannerisms and the reference to being in a pickle from Siegmeyer, Pate is basically a Patches that isn't Bond villain levels of obvious evil, etc.)

A lot of DS2's fantastic lore arrived with SotFS and the DLCs, however. Aldia and Memory of the King really helped tie it all together, so we'll have to see what's going on with DS3. I can't say I was impressed with revisiting Anor Londo and similar places. It was just more random scenery to me, I didn't think it was anything but other than an ass pull.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's possible DLCs will make lore and gameplay more interesting but I'm not really sure if I want to give FromSoft more money when I'm still not sure if they really earned the $60 I paid for DS3. Siegward, Andre, etc are all just blatant fanservice. DS2 proved that you can incorporate major elements of popular DS1 characters while still creating a character that's still unique and interesting in their own right (Benhart copies some mannerisms and the reference to being in a pickle from Siegmeyer, Pate is basically a Patches that isn't Bond villain levels of obvious evil, etc.)

A lot of DS2's fantastic lore arrived with SotFS and the DLCs, however. Aldia and Memory of the King really helped tie it all together, so we'll have to see what's going on with DS3. I can't say I was impressed with revisiting Anor Londo and similar places. It was just more random scenery to me, I didn't think it was anything but other than an ass pull.
    Agree with almost all of this. I'm not sure what they can do with the DLC in all honesty. The main draw on this entry for me was the fire finally fading and a final, desperate, ploy to try and stave that off. Unfortunately the world isn't in decline nearly enough and its definitely not apparent in the final zones. The kiln had an amazing look to it and I almost wish the game had an almost bloodborne moon change later stage with that dark sign in the sky dripping fire being apparent. A number of the zones felt damn vibrant compared to some zones in the previous two games so I feel in terms of tone they missed out on the front of showing a world in its final days.

I'm not sure what the dlc can really do to change that really. I would like to see something building on Aldrich and Yhorm but since they are defeated in the main game theres nothing to build up there.

Franz has an interesting but depressing talk about how the souls community has turned so putrid. Logical stuff really. Criticism means you care and have standards and so on. Its sad newcomers to the series who play it because a streamer told them it was "le ebig rage game" are going nuclear over standards to the point of appearing to have some form of mental illness because they are raised on the modern IGN school of "1-7=shit. 8=buy it, get hype and 9-10=defend angrily regardless of any rational critique, the brand needs defending".

Its kind of sad to see the exact same shit happen to the souls community what happened to the warcraft community. The game gets popular, hits the mainstream and brings in a new audience that fall in the brand loyalty contingent and they stamp down informed critique and a demand for standards while voting with their wallets for anything regardless of standards and scream for anything new with the brand on the box with no cares for how disappointing it might be.

When its a series i love as much as the souls games i cannot call it any less than fucking disgusting behaviour. Because anyone whos played the games for the duration since '09 can say DS3 is not perfect, its simply not. Its an okay experience worth the box price but not a high point for the series. Thats it. But the witch hunts, vitriol and unhinged fugues of rage from the casual audience used to "no standards allowed!" who seem to think it can only be a divine gift from god because they fell for marketing hype, again, is gross. Disappointing and gross.

I love the series dearly but thank fuck its over before these arsewipes became the face of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    My feelings with DS3 are this: its one of the weakest souls games NOW, but we have dlc on the way. Bloodbourne post the old hunters expansion is a very different game, pun not intended, and i imagine they are watching the player behaviour now to tailor the dlc.

Which i am still 100% sure is about the queen being the last daughter of manus/her handmaiden being the 3rd serpent maiden.
    Imo DS2 was the weakest in how diverse the bosses were, ds3 is weakest in mechanics and setting of certain areas.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account

Franz has an interesting but depressing talk about how the souls community has turned so putrid. Logical stuff really. Criticism means you care and have standards and so on. Its sad newcomers to the series who play it because a streamer told them it was "le ebig rage game" are going nuclear over standards to the point of appearing to have some form of mental illness because they are raised on the modern IGN school of "1-7=shit. 8=buy it, get hype and 9-10=defend angrily regardless of any rational critique, the brand needs defending".

Its kind of sad to see the exact same shit happen to the souls community what happened to the warcraft community. The game gets popular, hits the mainstream and brings in a new audience that fall in the brand loyalty contingent and they stamp down informed critique and a demand for standards while voting with their wallets for anything regardless of standards and scream for anything new with the brand on the box with no cares for how disappointing it might be.

When its a series i love as much as the souls games i cannot call it any less than fucking disgusting behaviour. Because anyone whos played the games for the duration since '09 can say DS3 is not perfect, its simply not. Its an okay experience worth the box price but not a high point for the series. Thats it. But the witch hunts, vitriol and unhinged fugues of rage from the casual audience used to "no standards allowed!" who seem to think it can only be a divine gift from god because they fell for marketing hype, again, is gross. Disappointing and gross.

I love the series dearly but thank fuck its over before these arsewipes became the face of the series.
    As someone who has been playing since DS1 I think DS3 is the closest we've gotten to the high point since DS1. Just because someone doesn't share your views doesn't mean that they are new fans or that their opinions aren't valid.

DS3 has a lot of problems, but every single From Soft game has had a lot of problems. They are all quite minor in the grand scope of things, but they are still there.

I think both sides of the argument is at fault in alot of ways.

People need to learn that others just have a different opinion then them. for me DS3 is the best of the souls series (Not counting Demon's Souls). For others its the worse and for another group its the middle ground.

The problem with the community is more so the "hardcore" group and it always has been. This group has always insulted others over the most stupid shit. Use a flask in pvp ur bad,Use Co-Op in PvE your bad and not playing right. Its the same song and dance and if you don't agree with there opinion on how to play the game or what quality it is then your wrong and fuck you....

This part of the community (Like most other communitys) is the most loud and most annoying.

Like I said jims video says it best and people need to just accept others have a different opinion then them and play different.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The "other side" of the argument can be just as putrid and rabid, though. I've been playing since Demon's Souls and personally found DS3 to be fairly high on the list of Souls games. That's called an opinion. What you are trying to do is force your opinion off as fact. This is a slightly different, but just as bad, problem in the video game community.

Dark Souls 3 might have faults, but then every game does. It is up to each individual to decide how heavily to weigh these faults. I just so happen to weigh them less than you. That doesn't mean either of us are wrong, we just share a different opinion. The problem is when people from either side argue and cuss and swear at each other over this difference in opinion.

Ironically, you are contributing to the exact same problem that you are complaining about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wished i could watch jim's videos but he's just so insufferable... i'll wait for matthewmatosis opinion on it, tends to be quite spot on it.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Wished i could watch jim's videos but he's just so insufferable... i'll wait for matthewmatosis opinion on it, tends to be quite spot on it.
    If you could I would stomach through it and watch it. He hits alot of key points about the community.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    As someone who has been playing since DS1 I think DS3 is the closest we've gotten to the high point since DS1. Just because someone doesn't share your views doesn't mean that they are new fans or that their opinions aren't valid.

DS3 has a lot of problems, but every single From Soft game has had a lot of problems. They are all quite minor in the grand scope of things, but they are still there.
    Thats the problem though. This new vocal minority dont agree. Of course some people will love it, some people love every game. They are just a complete black and white ethos where you adore wholly or you are engaging in some sort of character assassination of miyazaki and deserve death threats in some community personalities cases. The problem isnt people liking different things, the problem is this growing section of the audience that believes criticism is not allowed in any form and will go out of their way to try and silence critique through moral outrage or childish bickering.
    The whole point of a series where theres so many options to do things differently is that 'different strokes for different' folks applies. Not "there is one truth, one build, if you dont 100% adore the game you are a hating troll" rhetoric.

The whole point of 'everyones entitled to their opinion' means that applies to everyone. Opinions can be bias, communities can try and isolate themselves to confirmation bias, but its all still just opinion. My opinion is that the "no fuck you, shut up and i hope your children die of cancer, dark souls 3 is 10/10 sublime game of the year how dare you shit talk the input lag, its a difficulty feature" crowd -and thats a real quote by the way- are massive assholes. That doesnt mean i think they should be silenced and removed from the internet however, you cure ignorance by informing, not removing. Sadly they are a subset that doesnt agree.

Its not about liking this game more than that. Its about the irrational brand loyalty indoctrination audience becoming a very vocal, vitriolic part of the souls community actively trying to push anything else out. This is what happened to the WoW community and lead to terms like "Blizzdrone" usually under a charcuterie of a stereotypical neckbeard eating shit coming out of an ass labeled 'blizzard' and enjoying it.

The souls games should be for everyone to enjoy. 'git gud' used to be a well meaning joke to inspire a player to not give up -it comes from the berserk line "struggle, challenge and rise to struggle again" from Skeleton Knight. Now its been co-opted to mean "get on my level scrub" by the worst of the modern online "you are with us or against us" style communities and that is a tremendous shame.

If you enjoy DS3 the most good for you, really, why should anyone take issue about you having a great time? thats how i feel about bloodborne and i know its not the same for everyone.

Trouble is the "its not for everyone" idea itself is heresy to these douchebags, its not about likes or dislikes. Its about supporting a brand blindly and target abuse at those who dont fall in line.

and i thought tumblr had the exclusive rights to that tactic nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who's been around since Demon's Souls I'm surprised that you are just now realizing this. This shit isn't new and it's been around since DS1 and was made worse by DS2.

When DS2 came out, if you didn't think DS2 was the worst piece of dogshit ever then you weren't a "real" souls fan. I blame it on the whole misguided "Prepare to Die" mentality that this game garnered when it came to PC.

For someone who's been around since Demon's Souls I'm surprised that you are just now realizing this. This shit isn't new and it's been around since DS1 and was made worse by DS2.

When DS2 came out, if you didn't think DS2 was the worst piece of dogshit ever then you weren't a "real" souls fan. I blame it on the whole misguided "Prepare to Die" mentality that this game garnered when it came to PC.
    Thats true but look at longtime community names like ENB, a german spy and oroboro to see its far more extreme and recurring than it has been before. Its not like the rest of us went away, i just assume an increase in popularity naturally means some new fans will be douchebags who serve as a reinforcing circlejerk for older douchebags to be ..i guess "braver" in terms of their douchebaggery.

Actually to sum it up without giant walls of text: its an issue in behaviour, not opinion. Like or dislike something thats up to us as individuals, but the moment you join a group engaging in active online abuse of another your opinion is irrelevant, your behaviour makes you a shameful asshole and when it stems from "this pillar of this community said a negative about this game, lets tell him his half breed daughter should fuck off back to china that'll show him!" a line has been crossed.

Theres no big group going "how dare this person gushingly enjoy ds3, what a monster!" that i've come across. You can find the former on just about any form of online media that allows comments sadly.

*and i realise even using the term "new fans" makes me sound like a massive hipster asshole myself. But at least the hipster asshole isnt the one joining hate mobs to actively witch hunt people that have done nothing wrong other than love the souls series.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-04-29 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

DS3's problems are pretty crippling. I don't recall DS2 being anywhere near as bad on launch. And even if it was, why hasn't FromSoft learned from previous failures?

Even 8 year olds learn from their mistakes and generally don't repeat them.

DS3's problems are pretty crippling. I don't recall DS2 being anywhere near as bad on launch. And even if it was, why hasn't FromSoft learned from previous failures?

I guess crippling depends on what you care about.

Personally hasn't effected me all that much, though I recognize certain flaws.

- - - Updated - - -

So is the balance patch not happening today or something?

And did we find out what it entails? Or are we stuck just waiting and then people looking / testing?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So is the balance patch not happening today or something?

And did we find out what it entails? Or are we stuck just waiting and then people looking / testing?
    "Kicks can no longer be parried"

10+ Year Old Account

I've already learned that arguing with you never results in anything constructive. If you think that DS3 sucks, then more power to you.

I wish From would hurry up and enable poise already