10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    Anyone have the picture comparing Nicholas Cage movies to the GDP or something like that?

Correlation != causation.
    Still going to say this at 1 million subs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Argue against a more hardcore WoW all you want, but that's what most players want.
    You don't know WHAT 'most' people want. Don't pretend that you have the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things I've learned from discussion on MMO-Champ forums about Legacy servers. Pro-legacy people are a majority - not necessarily people who'd play them, but definitely people who won't mind. Then you've got the anti-legacy, which are either people who are tired of reading about it, who are sadistic, who are afraid of losing content on live and those who have too much time on their hands.

The only good reason that someone can have when you have a complaint against Legacy is the third option. And then, we show these people the fact, at which point it shouldn't be a worry, because Legacy will be handled by a separate team.

So if someone's an anti-legacy and keep spewing the same misinformation over and over, I'm not interested in said opinion.

"There's not enough people interested and the only numbers we have are shady at best!" Not your problem and we won't bother answering you. We've made our plea, Blizzard heard us and the machine has started. Obviously there has to be a decent amount of people to get an official reaction out of Blizzard.

"The cost will be too much!" I don't even want to see how much Overwatch cost! I remember Metzen being stressed to death on stage when the game was announced. Obviously you have no idea just how much money sank in that game - money coming from World of Warcraft, of course. So I wouldn't worry too much about this. Also, still not your problem.

"Once you open yourself, people will always want more!" Well first of, this is not your problem at all. Second, if the system work, is efficient and Blizzard agree it's a good idea, then they will expand the system, like they're still pushing expansions today. It's a simple business move.

"Blizzard already said no so many time, why can't you move past this?" Aaah, the "Wall of No". First, not your issue. Secondly, so did they with no-flying, second spec (soon to be third spec), Horde paladin and Alliance Shaman, non-faction determined race (Pandaren) and a whole bunch of other things that doesn't come to mind.

"You people are never satisfied, are you?" Once more, not your damned problem. Then, when you care about a game, you should fight to see it somewhere you love instead of being quiet and leaving without a second thought when it's too late.

"Blizzard never said yes!" If that makes you happy to think that. I mean, it's not like they said they were working with Nostalrius. Or that they were asking people their opinions on Pristine. Or that they wouldn't do it. Yet, in the past, they've always said no when it was no. Find me a single no in their answer, I dare you. Literal no.

Posted this in another thread, thought it was worth pointing out here too.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    If you're comparing numbers, 150k active players on a free mmo vs a speculated 2.5m subscribers is nothing.

But nostalgia folk won't accept that they are just an extremely vocal minority.
    #1 It was underground, so of course it doesn't compare to Live WoW subs.
    #2 It's not the only Vanilla WoW server.

I myself didn't know about this until it was made public that Blizzard was closing it down. I'm kicking myself for not having been playing on Nostalrius. I was aware of this unofficial servers, but paid not much attention thinking they were broken and full of hackers.

#1 It was underground, so of course it doesn't compare to Live WoW subs.
    #2 It's not the only Vanilla WoW server.

I myself didn't know about this until it was made public that Blizzard was closing it down. I'm kicking myself for not having been playing on Nostalrius. I was aware of this unofficial servers, but paid not much attention thinking they were broken and full of hackers.
    Rofl, everyone knew about nostalrius.

And even still, Nostalrius, being one of the biggest ones could boast 150k subs. Unless you can come front with an actual number of people willing to pay, my point still stands.

Would you do something you don't want to do for a meagre sum?

Let's throw some hypotheticals around. Would you, as a well off jew or muslim, consume forbidden food for a sum <10% of your salary? Would you prostitute yourself for money you don't need?

Blizzard has integrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god your reply is so backwards to my reply, I don't know what to dissect first.

Even still, the fact that people are making servers like Nastalrius shows that people want some of that hardcore back. And from what I've been told is that Vanilla WoW made it feel like everything was an accomplishment, where WoD feels like a waste of time. Because leveling was harder, and dungeons were harder, and raids only had 1 difficulty. When you did something, it felt like it really mattered.
    I agree people are playing on Nost because they want old WoW back I am not denying this at all.

[B]If MMO's aren't cool, than why did people make Nostalrius?
    MMO's are not cool, thats one of the mnay reasons why subs are down. PEople (especially alot of people from my guild) have moved away from the MMO genre. I am sure a fraction (not all) of those people have also gone to private servers but those numbers are still very small compared to the large scale of 6 million that are missing, they all didn't go to Nost.

If so many MMO's are out, why did people make Nostalrius?
    They made them for those that want the old experience back as you have answered yourself, they feel it's better than the current game, I can't deny their opinions. But once again a few hundred thousand people out of the 6 million that left WoW didn't all go to Nost.

If WoW being over 10 years old was a factor, then why did people play on Nostalrius?
    WoW being over 10 years old is a factor to why people left or at least one of many factors why their numbers are down. Once again the people playing on Nost are in the small minority of that fraction.

See the problem here? People want that back. And because WoW made the standard on how MMO's are made, of course other MMO's would copy them, even the stupid ideas.

Argue against a more hardcore WoW all you want, but that's what most players want. A unofficial realm that ran in the dark had a sizeable population of players. And what were people playing? Vanilla WoW, the hardest if not one of the most difficult gameplay WoW has ever had. It's not exactly new content either. Unlike WoD where the content is relatively new.
    Once again a fraction of WoW's playerbase are actually playing on private servers, out of the 12 million players that have played WoW at their peak, the majority of those players that played vanilla like myself have a job, family and a the worst MMO of all time to play called real life! We don't hagve time for current WoW or Vanilla WoW servers.

While yes Vanilla servers are in demand, and I agree Blizzard should do something about that and I don't feel pristine servers are the way to go. But here's hoping their talks with the Nost guys go down well and they can sort something out.

In the meantime let's not be ignorant to our wants and needs and understand the bigger picture.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Two things I've learned from discussion on MMO-Champ forums about Legacy servers. Pro-legacy people are a majority - not necessarily people who'd play them, but definitely people who won't mind. Then you've got the anti-legacy, which are either people who are tired of reading about it, who are sadistic, who are afraid of losing content on live and those who have too much time on their hands.

The only good reason that someone can have when you have a complaint against Legacy is the third option. And then, we show these people the fact, at which point it shouldn't be a worry, because Legacy will be handled by a separate team.
    Don't forget about that 'other' majority. You know, the people giving you the Wall of No. And your 'facts' are opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You don't know WHAT 'most' people want. Don't pretend that you have the answers.
    Whatever, I don't care anymore. I stopped playing WoW before WoD was released because I knew it would fail. I came back for a few months paying my subscription with gold to experience a whole expansion within 3 months. I don't do Mythic raids cause there's no value in doing it. The rewards are weak compared to the effort put into it, and by the next expansion or content patch, you just vendor it anyway.

This is your game casuals. Enjoy what little of it exists. Another Nostalrius will pop up.

Don't forget about that 'other' majority. You know, the people giving you the Wall of No. And your 'facts' are opinions.
    He doesnt understand what a vocal minority is

Whatever, I don't care anymore. I stopped playing WoW before WoD was released because I knew it would fail. I came back for a few months paying my subscription with gold to experience a whole expansion within 3 months. I don't do Mythic raids cause there's no value in doing it. The rewards are weak compared to the effort put into it, and by the next expansion or content patch, you just vendor it anyway.

This is your game casuals. Enjoy what little of it exists. Another Nostalrius will pop up.
    Oh noez you called us casuals. Hey if you wanted some challenge you could have done mythic raiding or CM dungeons, but noooooo just toss out the insults and run to a PS. Don't worry, we'll be here when Legion is out and some of them might even welcome you back.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesnt understand what a vocal minority is
    well they understand the vocal part at least...

Tired of people saying " people are just tired of MMO's". The game grew consistently from vanilla through wrath.
    It's been declining consistently since cata. We get a massive influx of subs each expansion because of the mass hype and marketing.
    This alone proves that people aren't just tired of MMO's. They come back because of the marketing, they want to like WoW, but they can't.
    Because the game has changed to significantly, what drew people to the game in the first place is gone in a lot of aspects.
    No, legion won't fix things, I can already tell from the alpha that it's not the game for me anymore.
    Pristine realms are a terrible idea imo, very few people are looking for WoD / legion with slightly slower leveling.

What if I told you that people don't want to tie their hands behind their back to make something a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not. And there's no "other" majority. The people giving us the Wall of No did so because they didn't think the market was there. Now, it is. hence why they're speaking with us now. That's not an "opinion". It's a fact. Plain and simple.

The only minority here is the unhealthy people meddling in others' affair that won't impact them in the slightest.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

They're not. And there's no "other" majority. The people giving us the Wall of No did so because they didn't think the market was there. Now, it is. hence why they're speaking with us now. That's not an "opinion". It's a fact. Plain and simple.

The only minority here is the unhealthy people meddling in others' affair that won't impact them in the slightest.
    And maybe they still think the market isn't there. Funny that. If by speaking with you by talking about pristine servers and not giving you legacy realms then sure. You won.

And as far as your bolded crap goes. Some of us DO think it would impact us. Quit speaking as if you are the go to guy about all things legacy.

You're so delusional it's actually hilarious

also, <10% of their speculated population isn't "the market"
    How many of those on nostalrius will buy and maintain a sub over just finding a new private server?
    You think you know, but you don't.

Hey let him have it. They think they won or something. Blizz is speaking to them now!

Tbh, some hard coding work for a whole expansions worth of content. Seems worth it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And maybe they still think the market isn't there. Funny that. If by speaking with you by talking about pristine servers and not giving you legacy realms then sure. You won.

And as far as your bolded crap goes. Some of us DO think it would impact us. Quit speaking as if you are the go to guy about all things legacy.
    Your fear is based on irrational opinions. If you want to live in fear, go ahead, but your fear won't stop us and it won't stop Blizzard from doing what's best. Or, go read how funding works in video games. That'll help. If you believe only people working on WoW can work on Legacy, you're disillusioned.

By the way, I like the idea of Pristine servers. One way or the other, I don't care. Pristine, Legacy, none. But you anti-legacy people are void of facts and would rather spew fear and a lack of fact-based argumentation and feed on it.

also, <10% of their speculated population isn't "the market"
    How many of those on nostalrius will buy and maintain a sub over just finding a new private server?
    You think you know, but you don't.
    You think you're clever, but you're not.
    Google Diversity Memo

Your fear is based on irrational opinions. If you want to live in fear, go ahead, but your fear won't stop us and it won't stop Blizzard from doing what's best. Or, go read how funding works in video games. That'll help. If you believe only people working on WoW can work on Legacy, you're disillusioned.

By the way, I like the idea of Pristine servers. One way or the other, I don't care. Pristine, Legacy, none. But you anti-legacy people are void of facts and would rather spew fear and a lack of fact-based argumentation and feed on it.

You think you're clever, but you're not.
    But where's the response? Can I get an answer? Or are you trying to evade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Tbh, some hard coding work for a whole expansions worth of content. Seems worth it to me.
    The important part is bolded. To you. Not them. Not to the people that have to do the work required.

Lol wut. Fear? Dude it is a GAME, settle down over there. You can't even be reasoned with if you say things like "anti-legacy people are void of fats". You are just wasting my time at this point so run along and play I got other things to do. Like play WoW.