Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The title of this thread is absolutely stupid! Flying has NEVER been a core ability. It's just the path of least resistance. A luxury that is convenient for you that trivializes the world content.
    You're all just butthurt that you have to do the content first instead of just flying over it like the lazy sacks of s**t you are!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    MoP Endgame isn't WoD Endgame. Once again, you can't take something that wasn't there in the first place.
    But it was available in early endgame in the expac before.

It was not available in current early endgame.

So the ability to fly in early endgame was taken away.

What, except your obvious agenda, holds you back from understanding that simple fact?

No matter what, i am going to end the redundant discussion with you at this point. If you actually want to talk about why flying should be available from start, or even not, just give me some arguments.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-28 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

What, except your obvious agenda, holds you back from understanding that simple fact?
    I'm not the one with an agenda here, I already said that I like flying and there is no problem with disagree with Blizzard's design. It's you that keeps insisting that something was taken from you when it's entirely false.

Every single xpac is a closed game design. Nothing is guaranteed from xpac to xpac, just look at the classes. Flying was always dealt differently from xpac to xpac, so it's your fault that you assumed wrongly. But nothing was taken from you in WoD, your earned ability to fly is still there.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-04-28 at 11:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game still had spell ranks, these would be the ones for the frostbolt. Except in classic, you got all frostbolt ranks just by leveling up. And the one missing dropped in Ahn Qiraj 20.
    Flying isn't frost bolt. Flying is Frost. The abilities that grant flying are like the different spells of the frost spec. Frost bolt never changed what it granted based on the old spell ranks. The fact still remains that Flying requires different abilities in order to fly in all of the allowed zones. It isn't something that you learn once and is upgraded. You didn't learn "flying" in burning crusade. You learned expert flying. And the are all different abilities. I've pointed you to WoWhead that shows this and you still refuse the truth.

These riding skills also existed when the game still had spell ranks, so it isn't the same.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no spinning. Just show you how crazy it would be to gate the frostbolt completely behind the last content patch.
    Frostbolt isn't a convenience skill though so it isn't remotely applicable to this discussion. Though you seem to forget that AQ was added in patch 1.9.0. It released on January 2006. The game released in November 2004. Players had to wait until a later content patch for their spell ranks. So let us go with what you said and equate Flying to Frostbolt ranks. It is a design philosophy blizzard has used in the past by your own argument. So they did do it and it wasn't considered crazy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't expecting two Pathfinder achievements, just a Legion-version of WoD's one and that's it. I just hope paaaarrrrt two and flying is given to us earlier than 7.2. Content will most likely be trivial in 7.1, so just waiting longer for flying is annoying (Although I'll live!).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, its quite different. I could use a level 5 frostbolt in classic even in Ahn Quiraj no matter if i had the level 6 frostbolt. Because of that its not really comparable.
    You are the one that made the comparison and now suddenly says you can't compare them. Rank 6 flying, Draenor, grants different things then rank 5 flying, Pandaria. You can still use rank 5 flying but you can't use it in Draenor because it doesn't grant flying in Draenor. That is why Flying is nothing like different ranks of Frostbolt any more then Frostbolt and frost nova are the same spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is not even comparable to a big grind and a time gate up to the last patch.
    Tell that to the people that had to grind and gear for AQ40 spell books.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yay for having to relearn the same ability for some arbitrary reason again! Maybe in the expansion after Legion they we make us relearn our hearthstones or the ability to use more than just 1 hotbar! These developers are really thinking outside the box!
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Content will most likely be trivial in 7.1, so just waiting longer for flying is annoying (Although I'll live!).
    It won't be completely trivial for the life of the expansion, because they're level 110 mobs. But once you finish Pathfinder Part 1, you won't care about any of that content any more. That's the whole point of Pathfinder, it means you completely exhausted all that content-- you explored every subzone of every zone, you finished every quest, you completed 100 world quests, you hit revered with every faction, and you finished your class order hall campaign.

When you finish Pathfinder, you completed every single little bit of content in the open-world. You're done. That's the whole point of Pathfinder! So why delay flying?

Once you're done with Pathfinder, all that remains is getting reps to exalted and grinding for artifact power to max out your weapon. Would be nice to fly for that stuff, wouldn't it? I think so, anyway.

But no-- you're gonna have to wait for the better part of a year, until fall 2017. Because they won't let you fly in 7.1. They won't let you fly until the last open-world zone is added to the expansion.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-04-28 at 11:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You can't tie flying usage to a progressing system when the progression is over. It is like waiting six months later to obtain Archimonde trinkets after you have downed him a dozen times before hand.
    Flying isn't required for any progression though. And flying is the reward for progressing to that point. You don't give the loot for Archimonde just for clearing Highmaul. And if you've done all the requirements for Draenor Pathfinder a dozen times by 6.2 then no flying clearly isn't an issue to get content done.

Imo, if I were working at blizzard, I'd sell an early pass to flying in Legion via real money.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Imo, if I were working at blizzard, I'd sell an early pass to flying in Legion via real money.
    Because THAT won't upset the already butthurt masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Because THAT won't upset the already butthurt masses.
    Well apparently it's a vital thing for them to be able to fly. Blizzard should profit from it.

They could either wait and stop being bitchy kids or they can use real money and shut their mouth. Their choice. :')

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is it such a big fucking deal to not be able to fly? jesus christ man, some of my best moments in WOW I would of missed had I been flying around and ignoring everything like a moron.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

This "Pathfinder" looks a lot easier, and they even mentioned that you'll complete most, if not all of it, just through levelling. A little extra effort on your part, and then some more small challenges in a future update is not anything to get upset about.

This method unlocking flying is definitely the best means of letting players get access to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Flying isn't required for any progression though.
    Then it does not need to be gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Some want flying, yet one of the reasons vanilla was fun was because there were NO flying.
    And I'm pretty sure a lot of those who complain about no flying are the people who wants legacy servers.

No flying makes the world more fun, I hope they dont add flying at all
    yeah WOD was very fun without flying

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It won't be completely trivial for the life of the expansion, because they're level 110 mobs. But once you finish Pathfinder Part 1, you won't care about any of that content any more. That's the whole point of Pathfinder, it means you completely exhausted all that content-- you explored every subzone of every zone, you finished every quest, you completed 100 world quests, you hit revered with every faction, and you finished your class order hall campaign.

When you finish Pathfinder, you completed every single little bit of content in the open-world. You're done. That's the whole point of Pathfinder! So why delay flying?

Once you're done with Pathfinder, all that remains is getting reps to exalted and grinding for artifact power to max out your weapon. Would be nice to fly for that stuff, wouldn't it? I think so, anyway.

But no-- you're gonna have to wait for the better part of a year, until fall 2017. Because they won't let you fly in 7.1. They won't let you fly until the last open-world zone is added to the expansion.

because blizzard doesnt have enough development time to finish flying AND they want to use flying as a hook to get some players back.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge difference between taken away and made available later.

I thought we got this through back with WoD.

The Meta-achievement looks completely fine to me. It is literally ->play game -> Get rewarded.

If you don't want to play the game why do you care if you aren't rewarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    yeah WOD was very fun without flying /s
    I didn't notice a increase in fun with flying though? Was still the same game just slightly faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    All these people whinging about flying being gated. How you would of survived vanilla is beyond me, if you even played back then.
    Just an FYI most other MMO's don't even have a flying mount system in place, so in the end you are complaining about something so small it just makes you look like a child crying because mommy won't give you candy.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

10+ Year Old Account

No matter what, i am going to end the redundant discussion with you at this point. If you actually want to talk about why flying should be available from start, or even not, just give me some arguments.
    I don't understand the "taken away" angle. If it's not implemented in the first place, how can it be taken away? It's not like Blizzard allowed flying for the first week and then decided "nope, let's put it behind an achievement instead" and remove the ability to fly in those parts again. THAT would have been taken away then. But since it's simply not available from the start, it wasn't really taken away.

Classes change every expansion, why can't people grasp another approach to flying? Would people be happy if just training it would suddenly cost 1 million gold? I only have 80k at the moment, I am not sure if I would even be able to buy flying if it would be that expensive. But would simply the possibility of gaining flying at an earlier point make people happy? Even if it would potentially be harder to get (aside from those - probably very few people - who are swimming in gold).
    Last edited by Marston; 2016-04-29 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    holy smokes. I am all for putting in some effort, but flying is a core ability.

I hope blizzard does not use slow travel like they did in Draenor to slow content consumption.

I absolutely love that it's going to be a lengthy and arduous journey for anyone to earn flying. It shouldn't even be in the game in the first place (and is one of the main culprits of the game deteriorating), but at least this way when content actually matters, we'll all be on the ground. Once the expansion is near its end and everyone has seen and done everything, then flying will be implemented. Thank God.