Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Simple regulations would do wonders though.
    Hmm... What kind of regulations?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I am curious. What other issues non-domestic are frightening for non-Americans? I know he has some radical ideas related to trade. Is that what is scary?
    Well, the way he intends to enforce his trade ideas should be frightening to non-Americans. Plus there's this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm... What kind of regulations?
    Simply applying the law on conflict on interests, SERIOUSLY, would cut most of these leeches off. Keep in mind these are people working off legal loopholes WHEN not in breach of laws in the first place.
    Once again, capitalism doesnt mean necessarily FREE FOR ALL. You can still have a free market orientated economy and regulations in place to make sure corporativism is kept at bay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Nice try. No one believes you. Sound more to me like you're afraid of what he might do.

Try again?
    You speak for others do you? Perhaps you might want to re-think that silly line of argument.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You speak for others do you? Perhaps you might want to re-think that silly line of argument.
    You're right. Believe whatever your little heart so desires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply applying the law on conflict on interests, SERIOUSLY, would cut most of these leeches off. Keep in mind these are people working off legal loopholes WHEN not in breach of laws in the first place.
    Once again, capitalism doesnt mean necessarily FREE FOR ALL. You can still have a free market orientated economy and regulations in place to make sure corporativism is kept at bay.
    I think there is an internal mechanism in every society that makes it impossible to remove all of those loopholes. There can always be conflict of interests on some level; too many ways to lobby someone's interests through a series of mediators. The law as it is is applied, but the vague formulations in it leave a lot of room for interpretation; and it is very hard to make a more precise law and account for all potential implications and loopholes.

Rather than that, I think what would remedy the situation is encouragement of rise of new political parties. If there were not 2 but, say, 10 influential parties (like in Sweden), each backed by their own group of investors, then the representation of interests of all population sub-groups would be relevant, and a lot more compromise would have to be found. But, since both parties are fine with sharing 50% of the "market" - I don't see how it is going to change any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right. Believe whatever your little heart so desires.
    Of course. The question is will you learn from this?

Of course. The question is will you learn from this?
    LOL! That's so funny. I probably should have said that no one who's opinion could possibly mean anything to me would believe anything that nonsensical.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL! That's so funny. I probably should have said that no one who's opinion could possibly mean anything to me would believe anything that nonsensical.
    That you would learn not to claim that you speak for everybody? If you think that's nonsensical that's fine. You won't mind people mocking you for it though?

That you would learn not to claim that you speak for everybody? If you think that's nonsensical that's fine. You won't mind people mocking you for it though?
    If you actually read the rest of the conversation, then you'd see that he subsequently admitted that he had just been making up nonsense.

Please go back and read, and then you can tell me What you've learned.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you actually read the rest of the conversation, then you'd see that he subsequently admitted that he had just been making up nonsense.

That you think you speak for everybody. Just like I said originally.

Trump is not the isolationist he's pretending to be recently. Haven't you paid any attention to all his bullshit about making other countries pay for walls, or standing up to Putin, or comparing dicksizes with Cruz with his plans to annihilate the entire middle east or nuke north korea?

That you think you speak for everybody. Just like I said originally.
    LOL! Can't admit when you're wrong, can ya?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think there is an internal mechanism in every society that makes it impossible to remove all of those loopholes. There can always be conflict of interests on some level; too many ways to lobby someone's interests through a series of mediators. The law as it is is applied, but the vague formulations in it leave a lot of room for interpretation; and it is very hard to make a more precise law and account for all potential implications and loopholes.

Rather than that, I think what would remedy the situation is encouragement of rise of new political parties. If there were not 2 but, say, 10 influential parties (like in Sweden), each backed by their own group of investors, then the representation of interests of all population sub-groups would be relevant, and a lot more compromise would have to be found. But, since both parties are fine with sharing 50% of the "market" - I don't see how it is going to change any time soon.
    There can be 100 political parties. When their elections are funded by lobbies, theres not much you can do about it.
    Without getting into the specific but private funding needs to be removed, and companies not allowed to achieve that much power and political influence.
    Free market isnt that free anymore when 5 corporations own everything. It can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck are you talking about now?

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL! Can't admit when you're wrong, can ya?
    Of course I can. In this case I am not wrong. You claimed to speak for everybody. You even confirmed I was correct when I pointed it out. If someone is having an issue it would appear to be you.

Totally right there. Probably an emotive response from me.

^^This

That's what I'm talking about.

Deleted
    ^^This

That's what I'm talking about.
    This in your world equates to "He admitted making shit up"?
    What the fuck is wrong with you. Go back to school?

7+ Year Old Account
    There can be 100 political parties. When their elections are funded by lobbies, theres not much you can do about it.
    Without getting into the specific but private funding needs to be removed, and companies not allowed to achieve that much power and political influence.
    Free market isnt that free anymore when 5 corporations own everything. It can be done.
    But..but a free market are a self repairing system and if you disagree you are a commie /s

I would fully support a public funding program for politics if it means everybody can get a shot at it without outside forces influencing leadership in hopes people will choose the right person for the job.

Of course I can. In this case I am not wrong. You claimed to speak for everybody. You even confirmed I was correct when I pointed it out. If someone is having an issue it would appear to be you.
    You're wrong, you're wrong and that's my last word to you on the subject.

You can continue all you want, and believe whatever you want , but I won't respond again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    But..but a free market are a self repairing system and if you disagree you are a commie /s

I would fully support a public funding program for politics if it means everybody can get a shot at it without outside forces influencing leadership in hopes people will choose the right person for the job.
    Yup... I mean the US elections now are basically just... well... corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

People could argue that happens everywhere but... Not THIS openly