Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Your thread is just as pointless as your responses.
    But eh, I don't expect much more from mmo-c folk.
    I'll go down through the history of the game and show you the dual instance tier (where 1 tier was stretched over 2+ instances)

Gruul/Mag/Kara
    TK/SSC
    BT/Hyjal
    Naxx/OS
    BWD/BoT
    HoF/ToES
    HM/BRF (debatable)

Every instance pair save the last 2 and the first 1 have identical ilvl gear drops.
    I literally opened up the thread with the first sentence saying that I wasn't counting the raid instances that launched with each expansion. The only raids in your list that counts with that point considered are BT/Hyjal, SSC and TK are debatable since they launched with BC but people didn't start doing them until quite a bit later. I even touched up on the fact that I was referring to raids post launch when I said "While the idea of having large raid is nice, I don't think it's nice enough to have after every tier in each expansion post launch." So if we're getting to the point of calling eachother's posts pointless, I would argue that yours are pointless since it seems like you completely ignored the entire main post bar the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

You do know the more you elaborate the sillier the entire thread gets, right?
    yay for more uber specific whining.

- - - Updated - - -

"hey guys, we should get a raid tier stretched over 2 instances. But it can't be launch content, no no no. It has to come later. fkin lazy blizz wtf"

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had made Abyssal Maw available with Firelands, but that never happened and I'm still waiting for the Neptulon story to be resolved (If Legion doesn't address it then I'll be pissed off).
    I do hope it does happen again in future, although I kinda hope the story in both raids does have some sort of current lore connection, even if it's minor, or maybe the events end up affecting the final threads of the expansion somehow.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    It could be done, but there's a fairly large up-front development cost connected to making dual tile-sets, developing themes, figuring out a way to place it in the narrative that makes plausible sense, and to launch on time.

The numbers crunch and encounters design goes 'quickly enough', but Blizzard's artists would be pretty fiercely pressured to keep up with the current standards being way higher than they were back in TBC.

Summation: I see what you want to get with it, I agree it could be neat, but the creative effort of design will be taxed hard doing so.

Low Cost, Fast, Good. .. .. In creative disciplines you can only pick two.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were going to try in Cata...RIP Abyssal Maw

We have not had anything close to the BC model since mid-wrath.

We actually have them, but they cost a raid tier, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    We have not had anything close to the BC model since mid-wrath.
    Actually we had multiple Raid tiers as early as Mists. They changed in WoD for some dumb reason(YEARLY EXPANSIONS)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Honestly, I wish they'd try to stagger raids into smaller ones. Like, specifically, three-to-four bosses per raid and three raids per tier.

I'd rather solve a series of problems than a massive gauntlet of attrition.
    yay for more uber specific whining.
    "Can anyone name a dog, besides a Chihuahua, that is native to Mexico?"
    "The Chihuahua."
    "First sentence guys, come on."
    "You're whiny."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    If you mean that we have to do separate raids, to get a full tier-set. I hope that won´t ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, I wish they'd try to stagger raids into smaller ones. Like, specifically, three-to-four bosses per raid and three raids per tier.

I'd rather solve a series of problems than a massive gauntlet of attrition.

"Can anyone name a dog, besides a Chihuahua, that is native to Mexico?"
    "The Chihuahua."
    "First sentence guys, come on."
    "You're whiny."
    It's more like
    "hey guys, I know you supplied X all this time, but I really want X only if it comes when I specifically want it to. That's bad and I only want X at this specific time"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more like
    "hey guys, I know you supplied X all this time, but I really want X only if it comes when I specifically want it to. That's bad and I only want X at this specific time"
    I think you're imagining things because nowhere did I complain about there not being enough multi-raid tiers outside of me thinking that large raids are nice, but not nice enough to have every raid patch post-launch. I said it would be nice to have them outside of the first tier of each expansion and I don't see a desire for something even close to complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    10/10 troll, took the bait real hard there boys, I'm ashamed of myself
    Just add him to your ignore list. He has like 1400 posts and all of them are awful.