Thread: knives

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You carry a knife around... cause its beautiful?
    No, I plan on displaying it in my home, and the quoted poster took offence to it.
    It's illegal to carry a knife for the sake of protection where I live. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-29 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, I plan on displaying it in my home, and the quoted poster took offence to it.
    It's illegal to carry a knife where I live. ^^
    Oh I get you there. I used to be into some of those hand crafted thingies in like... bone or whatever.

I would love to but I don't want that kind of responsibility. Read: I'd rather be robbed than something happen and me have that in my possession.

Remember I live in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Probably a good idea then to have a knife around when I expect the end of the world or live in uncivilized times and areas.
    You live a very sheltered life if you never had a reason to use a knife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You live a very sheltered life if you never had a reason to use a knife.
    Erm. not really. Id argue the overwhelming majority of people never had a reason to use a knife.

Erm. not really. Id argue the overwhelming majority of people never had a reason to use a knife.
    I find reasons to use mine nearly every day. It's quite an useful, multi-purpose tool.

So you've never eaten food before then?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Oddly enough I don't often carry a knife, just my Glock 19.

I do keep one in my truck console though.

Deleted
    Meh, I use mine for cutting boxes, rope, snipping wire and sometimes eating steak when the bread knife they provide me with is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Meh, I use mine for cutting boxes, rope, snipping wire and sometimes eating steak when the bread knife they provide me with is shit.
    Haha, I know this too well. Very rarely do I end up using the actual provided knife instead of my own, for that purpose alone.

Deleted
    I find reasons to use mine nearly every day. It's quite an useful, multi-purpose tool.
    In a building site Id have a stanley knife. Never found a use for a knife as in those knife shown in the pictures in here that a scredriver cant do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So you've never eaten food before then?
    Id usually use kitchen knives.

In a building site Id have a stanley knife. Never found a use for a knife as in those knife shown in the pictures in here that a scredriver cant do.

- - - Updated - - -

Id usually use kitchen knives.
    So now you've gone from never having a use for a knife to having 1 use for them. Have you never opened boxes? Cut paper? cut rope? mowed the lawn?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Totally understand in a working scenario kind of environment.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Oddly enough I don't often carry a knife, just my Glock 19.

I do keep one in my truck console though.
    "Anyone have a knife? My Amazon package just arrived!"

/pulls out Glock

"Don't worries guys I got this!"

Anything you can do with your knife, I can do with my carry.

Deleted
    So now you've gone from never having a use for a knife to having 1 use for them. Have you never opened boxes? Cut paper? cut rope? mowed the lawn?
    In a building site id have a stanley knife. I never found a use for what you mentioned outside the building site. Can open boxes with hands or keys if its taped. Cut paper? Not much use for rope around here I guess. I use a lawnmower for cutting the grass as using a knife would make it even more tedious.

In a building site id have a stanley knife. I never found a use for what you mentioned outside the building site. Can open boxes with hands or keys if its taped. Cut paper? Not much use for rope around here I guess. I use a lawnmower for cutting the grass as using a knife would make it even more tedious.
    You do know that lawn more blades are knives right?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    At absolutely no point in my day to day life in 32 years have I ever went like... -Damn! A knife would be handy right now!
    When I'm camping/fishing/hunting/DIYing things I do have knives on hand. At the office I have a letter opener and at home I have knives in my kitchen and toolbox.
    I read this as: "I have never been in a situation where a knife would be useful. Now, let me list all the things I do where a knife would be useful."

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil
    For stabby-stabby maybe. But a knife is really just a tool with a sharpened edge. Most people have been in some situation where it would be helpful/easier to have a tool with a sharpened edge. Opening a taped box is an obvious example. Many people have had to open boxes.

Edit: You said you can open boxes with hands or keys in a following post. Yes. Yes you can. But if I have a well-sealed box a knife is still the quickest, cleanest, most efficient option and I will prefer that over gouging at it with my keys or ripping it with my hands. I CAN do those things, that doesn't mean a knife wouldn't be an easier option.

I carry one with me if its a workday. I work with coating equipment and its frequently useful to use for cutting substrate or to cut out samples for analysis. You can have a knife for reasons other than self-defense.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-04-29 at 01:55 AM.

Totally understand in a working scenario kind of environment.
    Which exactly led to my original statement. If a person never needs a knife, even when in a working scenario, that person is extremely sheltered.

Deleted
    You do know that lawn more blades are knives right?
    Yeah thats stretching. I thought we were talking about knives you can carry around, and not lawnmowers. Im sure you could carry a lawnmower around though. NOt sure how handy it would be though.

- - - Updated - - -

Which exactly led to my original statement. If a person never needs a knife, even when in a working scenario, that person is extremely sheltered.
    In that case, then you're right. I thought you meant in a "badass stabby stabby way"

Yeah thats stretching. I thought we were talking about knives you can carry around, and not lawnmowers. Im sure you could carry a lawnmower around though. NOt sure how handy it would be though.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case, then you're right. I thought you meant in a "badass stabby stabby way"
    You said you've never had any use for knives. Now you're moving the goalpost.

#IStandWithGinaCarano