Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    RIP buddy. The only thing that matters in WoW is raiding and even LFR is more challenging than vanilla raiding.
    Ok... I'm against Legacy servers, but even I can't agree with LFR being more challenging than Classic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Dont know hard for me too imagine if you ask me, i mean like i wrote earlier there were several classes in vanilla/tbc which you dpsed with 1-2 buttons through whole fights.

Also there are more mechanics on archimonde then for some entire raids in tbc lol

but if that was your experince i can not change it
    My daughter only started in MoP. (She turns 15 tomorrow.)

My wife started 2 weeks after I did in Classic. She was good as a S.Priest in TBC. (She was the guild's top shackler lol)

But, after our TBC guild fell apart, things were not good for her until we found out MoP guild.

I'll be perfectly honest... If I hadn't been treated so badly in Classic and by those currently screaming for legacy servers, and maybe if I had found a decent group of people to play with on a private server, I might feel differently about Legacy servers... But, I can't find it in me to support something that would benefit only those that have treated me so badly, and would be detrimental to the live game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Pretty sure he said he didn't even play vanilla lol, he seems to be changing his stories.
    I said I didn't raid with them in vanilla, that I got as far as huhuran in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

lol that pleb touched normal hfc, said two posts ago he dont

/s on the pleb part

Dont know hard for me too imagine if you ask me, i mean like i wrote earlier there were several classes in vanilla/tbc which you dpsed with 1-2 buttons through whole fights.

Also there are more mechanics on archimonde then for some entire raids in tbc lol

but if that was your experince i can not change it
    I help friends

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    guys I wanna go back to Vanilla where I'm forced to tank on my warrior or heal on my Paladin.

Kappa
    You mean cast blessings that last 5m on the raid the whole time?

Hundreds and hundreds of pages later, the same anti-legacy\private\whatever realms keep repeating the same arguments, whilst bashing people with the opposite opinion.

Amusing as hell, to be honest.

You know what's wasted resources? 5 expansions just sitting there irrelevant while people sit in their garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I'm sorry that leveling was the only aspect of the game you experienced.
    Class abilities being stupidly OP for leveling is just part of the problem. Just about every class has a stun, for example. Why is that? Why give *every* class self heal abilities and survival CD's? Why not only let some classes have those, and give the classes that don't other toys to play with? So it's not just leveling, the pvp aspect of the game has been massively watered down. And while I barely played WoD... I did heroic raiding back in MOP, back when heroic was mythic pretty much. Now some of the fights weren't challenging, but 90% of the time if you just know how to do your rotation and use your survival CD at the appropriate time... that's most of the fight. Now there were exceptions, something like heroic Lei Shen for example, but that wasn't a common thing. Plus most bosses usually only have one challenging phase in a fight, and that phase is largely trivialized by blood lust.

Now I'm not saying that vanilla had perfect raiding, it had flaws as well, but once you get to stuff like AQ, the fights are challenging even for experienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You know what's wasted resources? 5 expansions just sitting there irrelevant while people sit in their garrisons.
    Because people sitting afk in ironforge/shatt/dalaran/etc was any different than now. If people want to go do the older stuff they will, garrisons didn't change that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Class abilities being stupidly OP for leveling is just part of the problem. Just about every class has a stun, for example. Why is that? Why give *every* class self heal abilities and survival CD's? Why not only let some classes have those, and give the classes that don't other toys to play with? So it's not just leveling, the pvp aspect of the game has been massively watered down. And while I barely played WoD... I did heroic raiding back in MOP, back when heroic was mythic pretty much. Now some of the fights weren't challenging, but 90% of the time if you just know how to do your rotation and use your survival CD at the appropriate time... that's most of the fight. Now there were exceptions, something like heroic Lei Shen for example, but that wasn't a common thing. Plus most bosses usually only have one challenging phase in a fight, and that phase is largely trivialized by blood lust.

Now I'm not saying that vanilla had perfect raiding, it had flaws as well, but once you get to stuff like AQ, the fights are challenging even for experienced players.
    Yeah cus it was fun to play one of those classes without survival cds versus one with.
    Vanilla wasn't challenging execution wise, it was challenging gearing 40 people to do stuff.

Yeah cus it was fun to play one of those classes without survival cds versus one with.
    Vanilla wasn't challenging execution wise, it was challenging gearing 40 people to do stuff.
    Then you have people guild hop when they get gear and the nasty cycle repeats. So challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Then you have people guild hop when they get gear and the nasty cycle repeats. So challenging.
    Yeah. Vanilla was challenging logistics and manpower wise, not execution wise. Raid difficulty was get 40 geared people and things fell, basically.

All I get from these threads / posts is that don't bother arguing with nostalgia vanilla players. Its like arguing though a 1 way mirror. One person is forced to talk to a wall and the other gets to say what ever.

I getting where you comming from but i also dont like when each class is a carbon copy of one of the other with different animations. Im glad they moving away from that good chunk in legion
    I think every class should have a basic toolkit with a self heal and a defensive cd of some sort baseline. Doesn't have to be a casted heal but for instance SV hunters' survivalist that heals after a kill, or how locks regen health passively. You don't need a flash heal, but a victory rush mechanic is fine enough, imo.

The ability to not able to read and writing snarky answers and wasting my time is also wasted ressources. I litearary wrote they are design philosophies which i would apply to the current game. If you not intressted in a converstation the keep it to yourself, i have no intresst do exchange one liners without context
    I wasn't really commenting on the rest of what you said. Just saying, you can't really complain about wasted resources when we're currently wasting expansions worth of it.

Nah the raids were challenging. It's not hard to find people that want to raid lol, especially when that's where the good gear come from. But if raiding was so easy, how come less than 1% of the players cleared Naxx? Are you really going to pretend that it was because "most people had a hard time finding raids"?

Deleted
    Do you anti-legacy people genuinely love WoW as it is? Excluding the content drought and garrisons of course, few like those.

You mean frostbolt the boss to death before the trash pack respawnned during the boss fight because the timer was broken?

yeah i remember that, was really challenging because it was dumb. Because of that i remember it VERY well actually.
    Stuff like KT, Twin Emps, 4 horseman, Loatheb, hell even stuff like Nefarian all have had mechanics that are not far off from what we see today. The one big difference is that if you stood in the bad back then, you were going to die. Even on that third boss in MC, if you stood in the rain of fire and didn't move, you were going to die. It's rare to see players literally die from disobeying one boss mechanic these days, not only that but players often have ways of cheesing that stuff on top of that.

Nah the raids were challenging. It's not hard to find people that want to raid lol, especially when that's where the good gear come from. But if raiding was so easy, how come less than 1% of the players cleared Naxx? Are you really going to pretend that it was because "most people had a hard time finding raids"?
    L O G I S T I C S

Yes. You had to have a full raid of people in aq40 gear to kill the bosses in naxx 40. That's literally the challenge. The guilds that had c'thun on farm before naxx came out did well in naxx.

L O G I S T I C S

Yes. You had to have a full raid of people in aq40 gear to kill the bosses in naxx 40. That's literally the challenge. The guilds that had c'thun on farm before naxx came out did well in naxx.
    Well yeah, of course you had to do the previous raid before graduating to the next one. I honestly think that's a lot smarter than what blizzard has done, the "catch up" mechanisms essentially trivializes just about all of the content in an expansion minus the latest raid now, it essentially makes it so if you do want to check out that stuff, you can, but there's no real reward because the LFR stuff usually blows the previous tier's gear out of the water.

And the game still has logistics in it lol, you still need stuff like tanks and healers. It wasn't as hard as you pretend it was though.

Well yeah, of course you had to do the previous raid before graduating to the next one. I honestly think that's a lot smarter than what blizzard has done, the "catch up" mechanisms essentially trivializes just about all of the content in an expansion minus the latest raid now, it essentially makes it so if you do want to check out that stuff, you can, but there's no real reward because the LFR stuff usually blows the previous tier's gear out of the water.

And the game still has logistics in it lol, you still need stuff like tanks and healers. It wasn't as hard as you pretend it was though.
    You're being purposely dense to appear to have an argument.
    But whatever, boo. Do you.

The problem is that any resources used to build and maintain a legacy server would be better put to use on current wow, which I would prefer because i've already played Vanilla