Anyone know if its possible to farm sharp gems before catacombs of carthus?

I want to get another one for this wep I just got since it seems to work well with what stats I've got so far but from what I've read on the wiki it says it just drops from the catacombs of carthas skeles and then just the one wiki says unconfirmed greataxe and maybe halberd dudes on the great wall of lothric. I'm not even sure which one counts as those besides maybe the 1 of each next to the second bonfire.

I already got the one from undead settlement and used it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Anyone know if its possible to farm sharp gems before catacombs of carthus?

I want to get another one for this wep I just got since it seems to work well with what stats I've got so far but from what I've read on the wiki it says it just drops from the catacombs of carthas skeles and then just the one wiki says unconfirmed greataxe and maybe halberd dudes on the great wall of lothric. I'm not even sure which one counts as those besides maybe the 1 of each next to the second bonfire.

I already got the one from undead settlement and used it.
    Not sure but here is ther wiki for them.
    http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sharp+Gem

You should be able to find out where they all are from that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

@Jtbrig7390 Thanks for trying to help but I swear you read maybe the first sentence of a post you're responding to.

@Jtbrig7390 Thanks for trying to help but I swear you read maybe the first sentence of a post you're responding to.
    Yep didn't see the part where you said you read the wiki LOL.

/Dam My ADHD lol.

Edit: Maybe there is items u can trade with the birds and get sharp stones.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-29 at 02:32 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I just spent 30 minutes killing the 1 greataxe and halberd dudes near the 2nd lothric bonfire to no avail. Don't really want to spend the time trying to get it from them unless its confirmed that they actually drop it but I can't find a definite.

I just spent 30 minutes killing the 1 greataxe and halberd dudes near the 2nd lothric bonfire to no avail. Don't really want to spend the time trying to get it from them unless its confirmed that they actually drop it but I can't find a definite.
    What level is ur luck? That has a effect on drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What level is ur luck? That has a effect on drop rates.
    Just the 10 I got from the class choice.

I'm not 100% that they even drop it though, the wiki seems unsure and I haven't found anyone else confirming it.

What's the raven thing? The dude at the top of firelink?

Just the 10 I got from the class choice.

I'm not 100% that they even drop it though, the wiki seems unsure and I haven't found anyone else confirming it.

What's the raven thing? The dude at the top of firelink?
    Ya. There may be a item u can trade to them and get a sharp gem but I don't know. Can't seem to find a full list on what u can trade them yet. The wiki list isn't 100% it seems.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-29 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I've already learned that arguing with you never results in anything constructive. If you think that DS3 sucks, then more power to you.
    Quality post. If you're gonna shitpost, why post at all?

Yep didn't see the part where you said you read the wiki LOL.

/Dam My ADHD lol.

Edit: Maybe there is items u can trade with the birds and get sharp stones.
    Nah, it's not like DS2. You can get a large shard and a chunk from the bird but as far as I'm aware all of the other rewards a bit more esoteric. Pig shield, Solaire's armor, and the voice stones, mostly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Quality post. If you're gonna shitpost, why post at all?

Nah, it's not like DS2. You can get a large shard and a chunk from the bird but as far as I'm aware all of the other rewards a bit more esoteric. Pig shield, Solaire's armor, and the voice stones, mostly.
    I could ask you a similar question. Your posts indicate that you aren't open minded at all so why post other than to hear yourself speak?

I think you're both pretty special.

So any news on what happened to the 1.06 patch that was supposed to drop today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I could ask you a similar question. Your posts indicate that you aren't open minded at all so why post other than to hear yourself speak?
    I'm plenty open minded, but you need to provide actual intelligent rebuttal and support your position if you want me to take you seriously. You're a fucking clown who does neither, so why should you be surprised when I just troll you? "waaah, this person doesn't listen to me because I never post anything of value!"

Also lol FromSoft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCiVg5HqWLg So apparently poise really doesn't do anything right now. Is there some reason changing that 0 to a 1 hasn't been done yet? I'm pretty sure even Blizzard was more reliable and responsive than these pricks are.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I heard we can have civil discussions... can we?
    In other words keep it civil.

Deleted
    What specific item are you farming from them Bacon?
    Also in these games, at least in the past, everything they are wearing drops sooner or later.
    I am farming the lothric knight myself, the sword one, and so far i got helm, shield, weapon, ranged weapon, but i am sure he will drop the rest of the set eventually.
    I forgot to mention i have 10 of luck, i am playing a deprived, and i am not using any items to improve drop chance.

PS: Also the gloves, i already got him drop the gloves.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-04-29 at 11:27 AM.

Ok so I am finally fighting The Nameless King.

Without spoiling ill say its one of the most epic setups for a fight ever. With that said the boss is a asshole LOL.

10+ Year Old Account

Without spoiling ill say its one of the most epic setups for a fight ever. With that said the boss is a asshole LOL.
    He's definitely an asshole, but also one of the coolest bosses in DS3. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    He's definitely an asshole, but also one of the coolest bosses in DS3. =)
    One of the coolest bosses I have fought in a game outright.

At lease when it comes to level design and his little intro..

Stay behind the dragons head and wail on it till you can get a riposte, and run away and roll when it flies for phase one, phase 2 you can just dodge everything by rolling. its gwynn meets false king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Stay behind the dragons head and wail on it till you can get a riposte, and run away and roll when it flies for phase one, phase 2 you can just dodge everything by rolling. its gwynn meets false king.
    Or plink him with 40 arrows. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Thx for the tips. Took a break but going to give it a go in a few mins.