10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Penny Dreadful season 3

Just a heads up for other PD fans. Showtime put the Season 3 premiere up on you tube. Great for those of us that cant get enough of Vanessa Ives and Sir Malcolm.

Season 3 Premiere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Just a heads up for other PD fans. Showtime put the Season 3 premiere up on you tube.
    Sadly with shitty geoblocking.... thankfully there are other ways to see it....
    Looks like season is gonna be fun and Jekeyll is there too

Deleted
    So, anyone else cried tears of sadness when they saw the words "the end" on the screen and felt like there is sooooooooooooooooooooo much more stories to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    So, anyone else cried tears of sadness when they saw the words "the end" on the screen and felt like there is sooooooooooooooooooooo much more stories to tell?
    I thought the ending was thoroughly shit, to be honest. You're right about it. Half of the plots got abandoned or written off in the most boring fashion. I talked to a friend about this and my verdict is probably the worst you can give to a series. When I turned it off, I honestly didn't give a shit at all that it just ended. Not going to mention why, because spoilers obviously, but heck... they just made the setting for a great and dark season and ended it just when it got interesting.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I thought the ending was thoroughly shit, to be honest. You're right about it. Half of the plots got abandoned or written off in the most boring fashion. I talked to a friend about this and my verdict is probably the worst you can give to a series. When I turned it off, I honestly didn't give a shit at all that it just ended. Not going to mention why, because spoilers obviously, but heck... they just made the setting for a great and dark season and ended it just when it got interesting.
    My thoughts as well. I was very surprised to hear that they had decided to end it just like that. It seemed very rushed. Even more so considering they added Dr. Hyde this season and then decided to just not do anything with the character. I didn't particularly enjoy Vanessa as a character anyways, and I'm not sure why the show couldn't continue without her. Feels like a lot of missed opportunities, but eh. What can you do.
    Last edited by WackyWombat; 2016-06-21 at 11:45 PM.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in agreement with what others have stated. So much potential for more/continuing stories now that Mr. Hyde is in the mix as well as hints of The Mummy. A certain vampire still hasn't been dealt with, and I don't believe that the show would suffer without Eva Green's character. It's too bad really.

Ugh. It's such a shame that the show has come to an end...especially in such an abrupt and rushed manner. The pacing of Season 1 and Season 2 was pretty great and it built up and established the characters rather well. The acting was pretty awesome too. I hope we get another show in a similar style someday...