Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliadra View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/83jSGnf.jpg
    I'll just drop this here. If you still believe she's the one in the right then keep right on with your Listen and Believe™

Dying your hair bright colours will often be seen as a sign for attention, which is why many youtubers/streamers do it (To stand out) You will be judged for doing it, like you would be judged for wearing a suit or for dressing like a gang member.
    Funny how this was ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Pro-gamergate person here.

Kern is an attention whore who has done nothing but spent the entirety of his time in this conversation insulting blizzard, insulting individual developers, and acting like a pompous ass. Not to mention publicly calling out people to get his followers to brigade them.

There are plenty of stories that show him to be an ego-driven maniac. This is just another one.
    Kern being an attention whore? Probably. I could name many attention whores who have done good. Is he acting like a pompous ass? Sometimes.
    He has been insulting Blizzard, yes. I find it unnecessary and probably not the best course of action, but he is allowed to express his opinions.
    Please provide proof of him asking his followers to brigade others. If you are referring to the TradeChat incident, he did no such thing.

Wether or not he is using this just to stroke his own ego only time will tell. He hasn't done anything in particular to indicate otherwise thus far if you disregard things he has done before.

I am not one to fanboy, but I am neither one to needlessly accuse someone based primarily on hearsay and rumours. If he truly does do something do indicate that he is only doing this for personal gain I won't hesitate to call him out on it.

Edit: I obviously know he has been overselling his actions, but he doesn't seem all that good with time management. I not so dumb as to believe he'd upload video, hand in petitions and everything within a couple of days. I am assuming if he does keep his word it will take longer than a few days to do all of that. Hence I waiting to see what he will do, just like I am waiting to see if Blizzard will do anything more than "lolpristinerealms"

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Funny how this was ignored.
    Just like most of what is fact-based or any attempt at making reasonable guesses and assumptions in this thread. People care more about about shouting their opinions at low-hanging fruit rather than engaging in a serious discussion.
    Last edited by Aliadra; 2016-04-29 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Kern will do jack shit in that regard, just fyi.
    As i said, we have yet to wait, doubting in his creditability and his past without having an alternative (as a minority) is not the smartest thing to do for them/us, even tho i definetly agree that he didnt keep his promises, wich lowers my hope for an answer from Mike.

Just like most of what is fact-based or any attempt at making reasonable guesses and assumptions in this thread. People care more about about shouting their opinions at low-hanging fruit rather than engaging in a serious discussion.
    Low hanging fruit? The fucking moron bought a $3 million bus then got fired because the company he worked for realized he had the fiscal responsibility equivalence of a 15-year-old with their daddy's credit card. There's no need to have a "serious discussion" about this assclown. His actions speak louder than what any nostalgia-fueled pro-Legacy Kern apologist could ever dream of conveying.

And all you have to do is read the latest tweets on his Twitter account to realize the ridiculous fucking bubble he lives in. His last tweets range from fanning the fire between himself and the Trade Chat group (that's the pink-haired chick his supporters have threatened to rape) and being a butthurt whiny little bitch about a podcast he was invited to join because they insulted him. Cute. What a model citizen you guys have chosen to represent your movement.

This got old 60 pages ago. Everything against Mark is based on an anonymous Reddit post and on an agenda-driven media that hates anyone supporting Gamergate. No one is saying he did a good job, but it seems pretty evident the stories around him are exaggerated. Not to mention you clearly have a more than normal hate a person you have never met.

Regarding your other claims: Citation needed.
    Victim blaming much? While I don't contest your points, you're using them to excuse Kern's actions. That in itself is inexcusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Low hanging fruit? The fucking moron bought a $3 million bus then got fired because the company he worked for realized he had the fiscal responsibility equivalence of a 15-year-old with their daddy's credit card. There's no need to have a "serious discussion" about this assclown. His actions speak louder than what any nostalgia-fueled pro-Legacy Kern apologist could ever dream of conveying.

And all you have to do is read the latest tweets on his Twitter account to realize the ridiculous fucking bubble he lives in. His last tweets range from fanning the fire between himself and the Trade Chat group (that's the pink-haired chick his supporters have threatened to rape) and being a butthurt whiny little bitch about a podcast he was invited to join because they insulted him. Cute. What a model citizen you guys have chosen to represent your movement.
    This is where you and I differ. I have no need to discuss Mark's actions, you do. You are the type of person who would much rather shit on other people than discuss what they have to say. I was not talking about Mark, I was talking about the morons in this thread (Like you) who shout numbers like two million and two thousand subscribers for legacy realms or just resort to throwing insults around right away for no real reason.
    Most of the posts in this thread are on the intellectual level of a 2nd-grade debate team.
    It is people like you who insist on making everything about Mark that are making everything about him. I doubt anyone here worships him like some sort of deity or the one person who will definately make Blizzard change their stance.
    The TC situation only flared up for a moment because she was continuing to shittalk him and someone made claims it was all his fault.

that's the pink-haired chick his supporters have threatened to rape
    I asked for citations, you provided none.
    I will now make the claim that you have threatened to rape me. Please prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Victim blaming much? While I don't contest your points, you're using them to excuse Kern's actions. That in itself is inexcusable.
    Asking for proof is not victim blaming, it's common sense.
    But please tell me what actions I am excusing.

I wonder, if Legacy Realms ever happen to be, will Kern say that w/o his involvement Vanilla Dream would never come true?

Why would anybody rally behind such an abhorrent, repulsive human being as Mark Kern? He's just reveling in the pro-Legacy circlejerk while his supporters run rampant threatening to rape people who disagree with his stance. Anybody who is complacent with this type of behavior needs to be immediately and summarily ignored. The fact that he's refused to speak out against the extremist supporters of his stance doesn't even begin to touch on the idiotic bullshit he's done since leaving Blizzard. It's borderline insanity that the pro-Legacy group are so quick to apologize and make generalized remarks excusing his dumbass endeavors at other companies simply because he's a person of interest who might have some kind of influence at the company he used to work. But really, all of that went out the door with the first two fucking words of this derivative video response: "Sup Mike."

What a complete fucking tool.
    I'm very pro-legacy and agree entirely with this view. People are desperate, and in their desperation have turned to a man they don't quite understand.
    He lacks a sense of decency and it's a real shame that he is irrevocably tied to the pro-legacy voice.

I feel sorry for Blizzard having to deal with him, and the filthy vitriol of some other pro-legacy players. They could, of course, have avoided this by following Ghostcrawlers advice and been more upfront with players. "You think you do, but you don't" was a mistake and they should have rectified it.

But they didn't, now its festered and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I feel sorry for Blizzard having to deal with him
    You're assuming they're giving him the time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You're assuming they're giving him the time of day.
    No you misunderstand, they could ignore him as long as they want. However, he is generating discussion and seen as a figure head therefore they have to deal with him.

Albeit not difficult. I hope they continue to ignore him and guide the Nost. team away from their alignment with him if this is going to go any further.

I asked for citations, you provided none.
    I will now make the claim that you have threatened to rape me. Please prove me wrong.
    The threats in question were in the comment section of the anti-Legacy video she posted. They've since been deleted. Furthermore, when she lashed out against Kern, she did specify it was the vocal minority of his supporters who were human trash. (And if you're going to threaten rape to a YT personality because their view on Legacy servers differs from your own, that's exactly what you are.) Whatever transpired after that is just bullshit Twitter drama and I'm not claiming she's completely innocent, but when you do little to quell the drama between your opposition's supporters... instead inciting them further by openly referring to them as "White Knight SJWs," it gives the impression he's doing this more for the self-congratulatory ego stroking than the purpose of the movement itself.

While looking for proof of the rape claims, however, I stumbled across this Twitter account. Although an obvious parody, it does show that Kern has a proven track record of saying really stupid shit on Twitter.

The threats in question were in the comment section of the anti-Legacy video she posted. They've since been deleted. Furthermore, when she lashed out against Kern, she did specify it was the vocal minority of his supporters who were human trash. (And if you're going to threaten rape to a YT personality because their view on Legacy servers differs from your own, that's exactly what you are.) Whatever transpired after that is just bullshit Twitter drama and I'm not claiming she's completely innocent, but when you do little to quell the drama between your opposition's supporters... instead inciting them further by openly referring to them as "White Knight SJWs," it gives the impression he's doing this more for the self-congratulatory ego stroking than the purpose of the movement itself.

While looking for proof of the rape claims, however, I stumbled across this Twitter account. Although an obvious parody, it does show that Kern has a proven track record of saying really stupid shit on Twitter.
    Yesterday someone on this forum told me, that only new gen WoW players do things like doxxing, threatening and so on, and pro-Legacy crowd would never do so, lel

And I won't believe them without proof. I asker her for evidence myself and she blocked me. I have a personal policy of assuming anyone who blocks you rather than provides proof is making up bullshit until proven otherwise. I sincerely doubt anyone who threatens with rape is above the age of 15, but that doesn't really make it ok. However, making a big deal about is is stupid. Everyone on Youtube gets that kind of shit, and most do ignore it (Which they should). Becoming a "victim of online abuse" is really just pathetic.
    Wether or not she claimed it was a small minority or if she referred to his followers as a small minority is uncertain, but she lashed out at him for no reason and he responded in kind. Of course he could have handled it differently and better, but there was nothing inherently wrong in what he did. Not really his responsibility to quell the drama, but he did offer to make peace, to which she replied with http://i.imgur.com/83jSGnf.jpg so she really doesn't have anything to complain about. It seems to me she's just trying to milk this drama for views by playing victim.

While Mark does say alot of dumb things on Twitter (Most people with high activity do though, but he's definately above average) I'd take anything on that account with a grain of salt. The person behind it has a personal vendetta against him and maked it very clear when he portrays Mark as being the instigator of the Mark-Trade drama. Some things may be taken out of context and seem dumber than they are.

Edit: Props to you for being one of the few people in this thread to at least reply with arguments instead of just trying to shout louder than the person before.
    Last edited by Aliadra; 2016-04-29 at 06:55 AM.

Asking for proof is not victim blaming, it's common sense.
    But please tell me what actions I am excusing.
    Do a little research and you'll find everything he's said. It's posted by others above. None of this is excusable behaviour for someone who is championing a cause that many people care deeply about. As a public figure tied to the identity of Legacy servers, his actions cause drama and polarize the community in negative ways. Not saying Tradechat is making the situation any better, but this thread topic isn't about her or her agendas. It's about Mark Kern.

His actions are inexcusable. He lacks tact and he leaps before he looks. He's unfit to communicate the needs of the players to Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Becoming a "victim of online abuse" is really just pathetic.
    Again, victim blaming. Was I wrong to point this out?

While Mark does say alot of dumb things on Twitter (Most people with high activity do though, but he's definately above average) I'd take anything on that account with a grain of salt.
    And again, excusing his actions without legitimate reasoning. For someone who is saying they are being objective, there is a heavy amount of bias in much of what you're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Yesterday someone on this forum told me, that only new gen WoW players do things like doxxing, threatening and so on, and pro-Legacy crowd would never do so, lel
    Thats silly - i remember how toxic forums were on AQ open. For all time, gamers have been uncivilised with their language

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Without knowing much about the guy, he sure comes off as one self-obsessed, overly smug asshole.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was nice Let's hope Mike listens!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how toxic people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Put this on the front page mods

EDIT: Here's the reddit discussion for those interested https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ent_from_mark/
    are you kidding me, those sellout shitheads will never do that

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Do a little research and you'll find everything he's said. It's posted by others above. None of this is excusable behaviour for someone who is championing a cause that many people care deeply about. As a public figure tied to the identity of Legacy servers, his actions cause drama and polarize the community in negative ways. Not saying Tradechat is making the situation any better, but this thread topic isn't about her or her agendas. It's about Mark Kern.

His actions are inexcusable. He lacks tact and he leaps before he looks. He's unfit to communicate the needs of the players to Blizzard.
    You completely ignored what I said and keep spouting your Anti-Mark rant. This thread is not about Mark, it's about the content of the video.
    His actions during this have not caused drama apart from the drama other have instigated.

Again, victim blaming. Was I wrong to point this out?
    Oo, victim blaming. Saying that crying about "online abuse" is pathetic is not victim blaming. If you're going to pout over people saying mean things on the internet you really shouldn't go anywhere near it, let alone have a Youtube channel. Safe spaces and hugboxes don't exist in reality.
    Victim blaming is blaming someone for consequences they had no part in whatsoever. Educate yourself instead of crying typical nonsense buzzwords.

And again, excusing his actions without legitimate reasoning. For someone who is saying they are being objective, there is a heavy amount of bias in much of what you're saying.
    How am I excusing him? I am admitting that he says dumb things and stating that the way the owner of the account presented the events are completely wrong, which they FACTUALLY are.

I am not claiming to be objective, I am claiming to present whatever facts are available. After that I am simply going to call out bullshit and this ridiculous anti-Mark campaign waged in this thread. If you have concerns about him no one is stopping you from voicing them unless you start spastically screeching about how horrible he is and how you don't like him. You claim he's so bad but you act no better yourself. In fact, I haven't seen Mark post anything as bad as what many people posting here in a long time.