Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hardest dungeon bosses i've done were the ones in ZA and ZG PTR, of course they were tweaked and nerfed before it went live, just like it will happen with this one.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boss is hard.

Good.

The Arcway bosses haven't been challenging to my groups.

Now the trash on the other hand, is a goddamn nightmare. Those stupid fucking oozes that split 6 times and all do explosions and those arcane elementals that shoot their auto-kill lasers...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Killed him at least 5-6 times very easily with random groups over the past weeks.
    He is retardedly simple - you need to spread and make as small of a triangle as possible.
    Oh and actually interrupt him every, what, 25 seconds?
    The boss is fine, it is well tuned and is easy if you actually know your rotation.
    You rly cant compare killing a boss at Alpha to killing him at Live.
    The players currently at Alpha are quite heavily picked, meaning the chance you get a very experienced group is relatively high.
    When the xpansion hits live you will have ppl who are not as skilled, that will pose some issues for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the alpha/beta. Dungeons are usually way fucking overtuned to make sure people play the mechanics and test properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember Ner'zhul during WoD beta? That fight was overturned as fuck at the start. I'm willing to bet this new boss will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yvanir is cool. He's not that hard. Just requires people to actually play.
    I am a bit mixed about this. On the one hand, it is definitely interesting to deal with engaging and challenging content. On the other hand, it would be a disaster if you end up in this dungeon with randoms and end up being stuck for a long time due to them derping.

In other words, when it comes to "daily" content, it is not really that fun if you are dangerously dependent on the consistency of the whole group. I felt this way with Cata heroics at launch and it was only fun when I queued with friends or guild members as randoms were too risky to screw everything up.

Conclusion : It is one thing to add challenge to endgame content and another to make casual content tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    The players currently at Alpha are quite heavily picked, meaning the chance you get a very experienced group is relatively high.
    When the xpansion hits live you will have ppl who are not as skilled, that will pose some issues for sure.
    In dungeons I would say it's hte complete opposite - general player knowledge of their class/spec/the dungeon is far lower. If you have a DH who's not aware they won't have half their talents specced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Ozruk (Cataclysm) says hi. I would argue to keep such bosses in. Cata's early dungeon experience was excellent!

Deleted
    Git gud, son

Ivanyr isn't hard at all if you follow 3 simple rules:
    • Get out with explosion debuff
    • Drag the boss out to entrance
    • Interrupt his cast

Even with 3 melee team he is easily doable. He is only hard if someone from the group decides to yolo the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yvanir is cool. He's not that hard. Just requires people to actually play.
    Wait, you expect people to PLAY the game? The game should play itself!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am a bit mixed about this. On the one hand, it is definitely interesting to deal with engaging and challenging content. On the other hand, it would be a disaster if you end up in this dungeon with randoms and end up being stuck for a long time due to them derping.

In other words, when it comes to "daily" content, it is not really that fun if you are dangerously dependent on the consistency of the whole group. I felt this way with Cata heroics at launch and it was only fun when I queued with friends or guild members as randoms were too risky to screw everything up.

Conclusion : It is one thing to add challenge to endgame content and another to make casual content tight.
    Well, make friends, get decent group to do it... This is what MMO is about...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    most of the tanks I've been put with are keyboard turning mongoloids, so your statement isn't very true tbh. And even then I've managed to pug this boss very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Well, make friends, get decent group to do it... This is what MMO is about...
    That would apply for content that is rewarding and progress based. However, doing a casual dungeon shouldn't be that troublesome as needing an organized group.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    That would apply for content that is rewarding and progress based. However, doing a casual dungeon shouldn't be that troublesome as needing an organized group.
    Why do we even divide content into casual and non-casual? If it's casual content then you shouldn't mind wiping a few times anyway...

The boss doesn't require you to be a mythic raider to down it.

If you end up in a pug that has trouble with it, all you have to do is : explain to them what to do and make sure they understand. Obviously, sometimes you'll end up with people that really don't care or are terrible at the game (nothing wrong with that, just a game) but it happens.... I doubt you'll always spent hours on this boss.

trust me =p

Homophobia is so gay.

Well, what I look forward to is having difficulty being scaled through the mythic stones added from smooth to all the way hardcore.