Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably level one to cap as I always do for classes then it will become another forgotten alt.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Having played with it on alpha, glide/double jump/eye beam are pretty fun abilities, but I'm done playing melee classes.

I'll level it because it's content, but I have high doubts I'll do any game content with it.

Considering I raided as DK in the beginning of WOTLK and I'm maining a monk right now, I did my part for the new classes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    i have no interest in it eather, but i can accept that blizzard makes contant for other then me
    Wish the LFR community would understand this >.>

[QUOTE=Hammerfest;39950057]You've missed the point of the thread.

The only point of the thread was for you to state you have no interest in the demon hunter. Thats fine my point was if you don't like don;t make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I am interested as I always am in new stuff, and will try it, but I am most interested first and always in my prot warrior.

It would be nice if the DH became available in the prepatch for people who have Legion licenses. That would definitely entice me to dump some serious time into the class.
    I think they will be released then, they already said you get to play DH early if you pre order. It's actually very smart of them to do this because 1. people want to play DH so they will pre order and 2. Get everyone to make their DH early so not as many people will be in Mardum wheN legion launches. I assume you would have to go back to get your artifact weapon but then you can move on quickly.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-04-24 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Demon Hunter feels more like a budget class than a hero class with its two specs and two race limit. Death Knight had lots of races and 3 specs to choose one, it FELT like a hero class at the WoTLK expac, I'm not feeling that for Legion's hero class. The only big appeal is that a DH starts at a very high level, but even that is neutralized by Legion's inclusive level 100 boost which can be used on other classes, DK's included.. The DK is really still the only true hero class in WoW while DH is economically minded, i.e. a budget class and not a hero class. I doubt I will be rolling a DH.
    Lore. I'm sure you hate that answer, but sometimes in life it is just the way it is even if we hate it. I hate paying my mortgage and paying property taxes for example -- but I still have to do both.

But seriously... If you followed the lore (I don't mean that sarcastic btw -- I'm just saying...) healing doesn't fit with Demon Hunters and based on the story lines only elves were DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Of course I'll probably roll one just to get a look at the starting experience, but I have no interest in playing one for any length of time beyond that.

Anyone else out there like me on this?
    Nothing wrong with that. I have no interest in really playing any ranged class/spec. I am doing so for the artifacts and tbe lore. Other than that I have no intention of raiding or doing anything substantial with anythng ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Demon Hunter feels more like a budget class than a hero class with its two specs and two race limit. Death Knight had lots of races and 3 specs to choose one, it FELT like a hero class at the WoTLK expac, I'm not feeling that for Legion's hero class. The only big appeal is that a DH starts at a very high level, but even that is neutralized by Legion's inclusive level 100 boost which can be used on other classes, DK's included.. The DK is really still the only true hero class in WoW while DH is economically minded, i.e. a budget class and not a hero class. I doubt I will be rolling a DH.
    Well these are the Illidari DHs trained by Illidan himself. They were only elves and onsidering we start off with them as the armies of Azeroth began their assault on Illidan at BT back in TBC, it wouldn't make sense for them to be anythin else but elves.

As for the two specs, this makes sense as well. You never saw the Illidari DHs practice anything else but dw mele combat. I think adding an additional spec be it another melee or ra ged would hve been a stretch. Infact, I think would would have been better if most classes had less specs. There is no need for at last three specs for each class IMO.

Not really that interested, but I'll probably level one to max at some point. I prefer ranged classes and generally restrict melee classes to questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    Wish the LFR community would understand this >.>
    If anything it's the mythic raiders who think the world revolves around them, not the LFR players.

/popcorn

I'll be leveling one with my Boo because she loves Night Elves. I'd rather have one horde side for a tank and the new flavor of the week but 98% of my Legion time will be on Ally DK/Horde Pally and my alt mage because we have a love/hate relationship.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    If anything it's the mythic raiders who think the world revolves around them, not the LFR players.

/popcorn
    The world does revolve around them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My early hands on experience with DHs was that Havoc was boring as hell, and Vengeance was a mess. Having rerolled a new DH this past weekend, i found myself really enjoying the recent incarnation of Vengeance, especially the shear/soul cleave shard generation & consumption tanking style. You really feel like your survival is in your hands, and if you dont play well, youre fucked. More so than any of the other tank specs ive tried.

With separate phys and magic mitigation tools and an assortment of ranged Sigils for aoe dps, interrupts, or mass-grips, it feels like it has a very solid tanking toolkit. The metamorphosis form feels somewhat bland though as it just increases your HP. You also have the ability to talent for additional fire damage to augment your leech artifact traits (returns a bit of fire damage you deal as health).

And the Vengeance has quite hilarious amounts of mobility. With the ability to chain back to back charges of Infernal Strike (Think heroic leap only more badass and with no minimum range) a DH tank can literally leap 80 yards in two global cooldowns. The 40 yard IS talent also reduces its recharge to 15s, which is crazy short. This is already causing a lot of whining in regards to PVP. Though i personally have not PVPed at all so far in Alpha.

I was enjoying Vengeance so much that i cba to even play Havoc atm so i never actually got around to seeing what has changed for that spec, if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    The only point of the thread was for you to state you have no interest in the demon hunter.
    Yeah you didn't get the point of the thread at all.

Deleted
    I play it. One for the lore, second cause the tank spec looks like one of the only fun tank specs in legion (and it has DPS talents, thank god)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    The world does revolve around them.
    Not really since they are like 2% of the player base.

Loving the gameplay and the first experience, and they're actually fun enough for me to say "if I was forced to change main, DH would be it", but yeah...I won't be making a DH on Live during the first craze until I've progressed my main to a solid point. After that, I have to look at the "main 11" of my chars (the first toon I made of each class) whom all have professions maxed...

After that, I'll make a Demon Hunter and play it, as an alt.

I don't share the opinion of the OP.

Yeah you didn't get the point of the thread at all.
    The only point you made was you want to try the demon hunter just for the starting zone and maybe the half half than stop before their integrated like the Death Knights were in WOTLK. The other half you don't care about. So ya you have no interest in playing the Demon Hunter just the beginning and thats it. SO really you have don't have any interest in the Demon Hunter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    The only point you made was you want to try the demon hunter just for the starting zone and maybe the half half than stop before their integrated like the Death Knights were in WOTLK.
    Yeah, you didn't get the point of the thread at all.

Deleted
    Of course I'll probably roll one just to get a look at the starting experience, but I have no interest in playing one for any length of time beyond that.
    Anyone else out there like me on this?
    It's pretty much the same for me. I watched my GF playing a DH on Alpha in order to see the starting quests/zone, but that is probably as far as I will get in terms of DH stuff. The class - and especially the theme behind it - is completely uninteresting to me.