Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dae Ho-Lee-shit.

Washington Nationals have the best win % in baseball. Normalcy has been restored.

Thor vs Arrieta for NL Cy?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Stephen Strasburg would like a word with you

Kershaw and Arrieta have almost exactly the same stats through 3 games, it's kinda freaky, same IP, BB, K, HR allowed. Kershaw has given up 1 more ER, but 5 less hits. Thor is slightly better through 3 games than both of them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodger's bullpen is starting to recover from early season terribles, Atlanta bats are good medicine.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes!!! #2!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some more actually real numbers:

In his past 24 regular season starts: 20-1, 0.86 ERA, 173/33 K/BB, 0.69 WHIP - 2 NO HITTERS (and about 3 real close ones), all 24 being Quality Starts

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yes!!! #2!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

In his past 24 regular season starts: 20-1, 0.86 ERA, 173/33 K/BB, 0.69 WHIP - 2 NO HITTERS (and about 3 real close ones)
    That was pretty fun to watch, now on to hockey...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be really ok if ESPN would stop sending me notifications about the last time Bryce Harper clipped his toe nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yes!!! #2!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

In his past 24 regular season starts: 20-1, 0.86 ERA, 173/33 K/BB, 0.69 WHIP - 2 NO HITTERS (and about 3 real close ones), all 24 being Quality Starts
    To add insult to insult, 16 runs... on the road... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitter, but mostly sweet feeling of Howard Lincoln and NOA getting their hands off this team. Bitter because they kept the Mariners in Seattle, sweet because they were holding the team back.

Hey Nats, sup tho? Yeah, that's us, 1 game out. How ya feelin?

Hey Nats, sup tho? Yeah, that's us, 1 game out. How ya feelin?
    Our offense is an abomination. If not for Harper I am convinced we'd have the worst offense in MLB history. Once again today we are being shutout so far by the Phillies. Its a joke. Our fully healthy lineup has like three guys hitting below .200 not counting the Ps and I think another 2-3 hitting below .250.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    What is "Stat?" Do you mean steals? You don't think there is an issue with chasing a stat where on a weekly basis both team owners score single digit values? It's the most volatile stat and the most reliant on a handful of players. It's like chasing saves on the pitching side. Don't bother. Just make sure you draft any three actual closers and be ready to grab their replacements off waivers.
    How's this pick working out for you now, ItachiZaku?

Your first rounder is out more than half a fantasy season and with it goes a lion's share of the volatile stat you chased. Like I said before, terrible draft strategy. If your strat consistently works, it's because you play with a lot of people who don't know how to draft.

But wait, you say this is a fluke thing. Who knew he'd get suspended? It could have very well been a torn ACL/MCL/LCL or some other injury. Don't reach for steals.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-04-29 at 05:49 AM.

Still 10 points in ave, runs, and steals. Dee did lead my team in steals, but have a couple others listed for 2B to not lose much at this point in the season (Lawrie, Harrison and Pedroia will not be getting me a combined 60 steals for the season though). Chasing steals has benefited me a ton more than HRs in the past, so I'm pretty ok at the moment. More concerned about my pitching staff, but Harvey and Fernandez are coming around.

But again, it's not just that Dee is a SB guy, he's also a runs and BA guy, 3 of the 5 offensive stats. I have 36 points off my 5 offensive stats, which is #1 in my league.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with him, just found out little over an hour ago. Might punt him for Nunez.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2016-04-29 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Your first rounder is out more than half a fantasy season and with it goes a lion's share of the volatile stat you chased. Like I said before, terrible draft strategy. If your strat consistently works, it's because you play with a lot of people who don't know how to draft.

But wait, you say this is a fluke thing. Who knew he'd get suspended? It could have very well been a torn ACL/MCL/LCL or some other injury. Don't reach for steals.
    "scrawniest guy in MLB suspended 80 games for PEDs, time to pop on the internet and act like I knew this was coming and everyone else is an idiot for not knowing"

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    "scrawniest guy in MLB suspended 80 games for PEDs, time to pop on the internet and act like I knew this was coming and everyone else is an idiot for not knowing"
    You quote my reply, yet ignore it completely? The suspension is just the realization of risk assessment. It could have been a torn ACL or a nagging hamstring. It could have been a natural regression in on-base to his career average, reducing his steals chances.

You. Never. Chase. Steals (or saves) in a draft. It's a low output stat divided among a handful of players. It's a risky play and losing Dee results in a bigger overall points tallied loss than if a regular 10 ADP guy goes down.

It's not so much chasing steals, when the guy is also reigning NL batting champ and hits in front of the leagues best RBI guy. I would never chase a stat like HR, especially not in the early rounds. I easy take someone like Gordon or Altuve over someone like Harper anyday. If it were H2H league, i'd angle differently, but I don't like those, so I never sign up for those (hence only playing in 9 of the last 13ish seasons).

What if the MLB allowed aluminum bats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers finally won a game and all it took was Kershaw throwing a shutout and driving in the only run.