Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people only want flying, would you be happy with the old TBC 60% flying and the fast one being enabled later? You could fly then!

so blizzard decided to fuck everyone and not give flying till forever again - this will be such a nice shitstorm when this news spreads

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    ffs why is anyone complaining then. I'll be able to do all this just seeing the content with my main...

this is so much better than the draenor one and that was a cake walk even with collecting the treasures...
    What do you suggest these people do to fill their days if bitching like a 10 year old isn't going to be part of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so blizzard decided to fuck everyone and not give flying till forever again - this will be such a nice shitstorm when this news spreads
    Yeah sure, only we actually knew this a long time ago.

Community: We want content to do!

Community: Waaaaah it takes too much time!

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Because we already earned flying 8 years ago. Blizzard is selling the same reward over and over.
    Because they didn´t want us to fly in new content since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And in WoD, they hid it behind content people wouldnt play if they hadnt a intrinsic reward as strong as flying. I dont believe a single word of Hazzikostas words about not locking it behind tedious content.
    People don´t play anything that doesn´t give them great rewards. Thats the gaming community nowadys. WoD had quite some content it just lacked "good" rewards and replayability. That is a much bigger problem then flying.

They wanted to remove flying entirely. They compromised due to high community outcry. But you are not even happy about that you keep screaming.
    I understand why they don´t want it and would be good with completely removing it. But I am also good with getting it like this. Earning the convenience it brings by doing things in the game (called playing in the old days but chores or grinding nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Abilities that you cannot complete the game without.
    So that's just autoattack. Ok.

Steep... Are you serious? You will get a lot of the achievement criteria done through general questing and exploration. It's no wonder people lose interest so easily if you aren't willing to work for stuff... I love flying and didn't like the idea at first when we didn't have it in WoD. But I was glad I was wrong when I actually got to explore areas and didn't just skip over half the content by flying over it, and as a mount collector, it gives me a reason to use my ground mounts again.

So many people who cry over not having any content, then when they are given something to work for, they cry because its to hard. This achievement isn't even hard. All it takes is time...
    Last edited by Serelean; 2016-04-29 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    flying is convenience, not a core ability. Blizzard design their new zones to be played, explored and traveled in by foot, so that they can make you experience the content the way they want you to play it.

By enabling flying, you take players, and place them up in the sky, so now the ground becomes empty and thus the world becomes empty. People hop between mobs to grab quest items, avoiding combat where possible, including pvp, and this cheats how the game is meant to be experienced.

People who want flying immediately do not understand game design or what is healthy for the game.

As the designers have said, play the game, and when you have done the expansions world content, you get the convenience. it is NOT required.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    flying is convenience, not a core ability.
    pls speak for yourself - for huge chunk of playerbase it did become a core part of game - the backlash from it will be huge - have you seen what happened when they tried to tamper with it beofre 6.2 ? this time it will be 10 times worse.

althouht it may be not that bad in the end - with many milions less buying game there wont be login ques and blizzard will very quickly rewerse this shitty decision if they will have problem to sell even 3-4 mln copies of legion.

so far the feedback about legion is mostly negative which will for sure scare of huge chunk of causal plaerbase from buying game if the revievs they see wil lbe mainly its bad its very bad
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-04-29 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    holy smokes. I am all for putting in some effort, but flying is a core ability.

I hope blizzard does not use slow travel like they did in Draenor to slow content consumption.
    It's not a core ability/ If it were you would not need to have to train for it, buy it, or complete an achievement every expansion just to use it. It is a luxury and convenience item.

Deleted
    pls speak for yourself - for huge chunk of playerbase it did become a core part of game - the backlash from it will be huge - have you seen what happened when they tried to tamper with it beofre 6.2 ? this time it will be 10 times worse.

althouht it may be not that bad in the end - with many milions less buying game there wont be login ques and blizzard will very quickly rewerse this shitty decision if they will have problem to sell even 3-4 mln copies of legion.

so far the feedback about legion is mostly negative which will for sure scare of huge chunk of causal plaerbase from buying game if the revievs they see wil lbe mainly its bad its very bad
    Like what is this post LMAO. The exaggeration is real.

its fact that it is a convenience ability. It allows you to fly above the ground and move faster. Nothing else.

and what shite are you spouting about them only selling 3-4m copies purely because of flying? what world do you live in?! you're delusional to think that upwards of 6million (going by the 10m subs at start of wod and roughly 4m left currently playing) people really care about flying to the extent that they wont buy the game. its really not that big of a deal.

and I think I need a source on you saying the feedback for legion is mostly negative. So far it is mostly positive in all the alpha forums.
    Last edited by mmocf6315580c1; 2016-04-29 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That earnt ability was taken away. Bliz fanboys can try to spin it anyway you want but you are just plain wrong. You had the ability and then you didn't. It is as simple as that.
    No it wasn't. Outside of Draenor you were still allowed to flay in all the non restricted areas. Flying was only disabled in Draenor. Nothing was taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    Like what is this post LMAO. The exaggeration is real.

its fact that it is a convenience ability. It allows you to fly above the ground and move faster. Nothing else.

and what shite are you spouting about them only selling 3-4m copies purely because of flying? what world do you live in?! you're delusional to think that upwards of 6million (going by the 10m subs at start of wod and roughly 4m left currently playing) people really care about flying to the extent that they wont buy the game. its really not that big of a deal.

and I think I need a source on you saying the feedback for legion is mostly negative. So far it is mostly positive in all the alpha forums.
    Still waiting to see all the people come back for flying that these fools claim left becasue it was not in.

Well that was just way over the top... The feedback for legion is far from negative. If your going to base blizz losing profit based on something as rediculous as flying then you sir, are crazy. If thats the case, maybe it will rid of us of all the cry babies who have to work for anything in wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Serelean View Post
    Well that was just way over the top... The feedback for legion is far from negative. If your going to base blizz losing profit based on something as rediculous as flying then you sir, are crazy. If thats the case, maybe it will rid of us of all the cry babies who have to work for anything in wow?
    As I said above, many of the pro flyers have claimed the massive sub losses to the lack of information about flying. Yet, when flying was enabled for WoD, those people that "left" didn't return. Flying is really a non issue. The perceived lack of content and/or content that rewards nothing of perceived value is what drove people away flying or not.

Pussification of the Drae drae cheeve. Pathetic that blizz is bowing down again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post

110% spot on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Core ability

/lol
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Do Pathfinder achieves

Wait for next patch

Do next section

Wait for next patch

Do next section

Wait for next patch

Get flight less than a few months before the expac ends.

The pathfinder achievement is there to literally keep you busy until new content is available. It's SUPPOSED to be steep. You're not supposed to earn it in a god damned day.
    Forget a day, mate.

The way this is set up? We probably wont be getting flight for over a YEAR. The patches will be dragged out and delayed again and again., with that carrot dangled in front of us.

This is the WOD debacle. Again.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2016-04-29 at 12:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post

This pretty much. No flying increases the longevity of the content, which is a good thing. In fact it's the only sensible thing to preserve content for as long as possible. They can't pump out as much content as people want to clear, which would be new content every week because they want content that easy which will only take a week to do.

I'm afraid they will give up in the end and flying will be available from day one which will kill content even faster, so we'll end up with QQ post about how there is nothing to do even earlier.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Do Pathfinder achieves

Wait for next patch

Do next section

Wait for next patch

Do next section

Wait for next patch

Get flight less than a few months before the expac ends.

Forget a day, mate.

The way this is set up? We probably wont be getting flight for over a YEAR. The patches will be dragged out and delayed again and again., with that carrot dangled in front of us.

This is the WOD debacle. Again.
    Not exactly. Legion world content is actually relevant, WoD open world offered pretty much no upgrades to anyone who did heroic dungeons or higher. I defended flying very strongly in WoD because of two reasons:

1. The open world was pretty much entirely "optional" - It offered no character power, so it was only something to do "for fun", for a lack of a better word. Open world in Legion gives you a lot of cool stuff, and doing it should feel rewarding for a long time whether you fly or not. WoD content didn't feel rewarding at all, and was barely tolerable even WITH flying.

2. They are (seemingly) more aware of what to do with flying this time around, instead of trying to remove flying entirely. It'll probably take 6-12 months before we can fly after release, but the content available should make you want to do it with or without flying, unlike WoD.