Poll: And...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I think it will be one of the better expansions recently but I do not believe it will be better than WotLK.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed MoP way more than WoTLK too and I started in Vanilla. I hope Legion is enjoyable. Lol, I'm sure people in this thread will mostly vote this expansion is gonna be bad though.

Better is just too strong of a word. I will be immensely happy if the expansion is great. No comparison needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    If sargeras will be the final boss it can be the best exp.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Look Was The best because it made sense and it flowed perfectly back than there was no I lvl.. No pet battles no toys.. And the transition from quest to dungeon to raid was smooth as silk

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    People leveled from 70-80 and cleared Naxx, Sarth, and Maly in less than two days. After that it was just a long farm process until Ulduar.
    Two days and 10hrs are different. The actual size of the Broken Isles compared to Northrend . Way different. The endgame content or world content has us repeating quests we did to level or fill progress bars like Apexis zones. It isn't taking us out into Azeroth like it should be. The Burning Legion is supposed to be invading all of Azeroth yet we are spending most of our time on the smallest land mass we have ever had in an expansion. Legion can't hold up against WoTLK. It is apples to oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    It would be pretty awesome if Legion would be as fun as WoTLK and TBC were for me. Gonna go with a maybe.
    Simply will not happen. More then half of the classes and specs have had the life sucked out of them in the Alpha as of right now. No fun to be had and a bore to play. Doesn't sound much like Legion is going to even come close to being as fun as TBC or WoTLK.

The more I play Legion the more I think Legacy servers are a good idea. Might be the only thing to save WoW.

What an objective OP.

Deleted
    Garrisons left a massive stain of Shame and failure upon the history of WoW.

Can Legion, compare itself to one of the greatest expansions?

We will see.

Other than Ulduar and Dual spec, there is not much I cared for with Wrath.
    I suppose it was the first time specs were starting to reach proper balance?

With the exception of Mop into WoD, I have every expansion better than the last. The new tech and features are additive (mostly) so its always better for me.
    Even WoD I find better than Wrath because of all the new tech and refinements. Things like Challenge Modes and the premade group finder are simply too important to me to ever consider above LFD and heirlooms. Especially since wrath was the expansion where tanking went from a threat model towards a survival model, and this trivialized the Heroics very very quickly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

As someone who played every version of the game, and is not blindly following the hype,
    I have to say no.

Deleted
    It will not match the community experience, which is a pretty big factor as well.

Still, I do think Legion is looking good with it's launch content. We'll see what happens in the following months.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Mmmyeah, no.... WotLK has always been accepted generally as a Good expansion. Kinda like WoD has been generally accepted as a Bad one.

In fact, you back your claims with Cataclysm, while the louder voices of the masses, were pretty dissatisfied with the expansion from the get-go.

-

On topic:
    I seriously doubt it. Activision-Blizzard has a new model that is working favorable for them; Only downside being the subscription numbers and retention itself - which has proven that isn't that important, profit and margin wise, in the grand total of scheme.

So expect a slightly better version of WoD.

(And my reasoning for slightly better version being that Legion is, from what appears, a stable and solid expansion (from Lore to development path), while WoD appears to have served more of a bridge between expansions, all chaotic and disorganized)
    Its accepted as a good expansion now,

In cataclysm wrath was scalded, like I said, wrath babies comments, people QQ because wrath dumbed everything down and cataclysm was taking it back to its former difficulty of tbc (all be it that changed during cata). The dry spell of ICC etc. Practically the start of free epics (I'm looking at you ICC Normal dungeons) .

It was part way through mop when people started reflecting that cataclysm was bad and stale, did wrath start to receive more love.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed wrath a lot, its my second favorite expansion after tbc because thats when I did most of my raiding. But during ICC and cataclysm, that expac (on these forums atleast) got the hate and branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    In cataclysm wrath was scalded, like I said, wrath babies comments, people QQ because wrath dumbed everything down and cataclysm was taking it back to its former difficulty of tbc (all be it that changed during cata). The dry spell of ICC etc. Practically the start of free epics (I'm looking at you ICC Normal dungeons) .
    You're correct that Wrath largely became popular in MoP, but the bolded is wrong. The start of free epics was TBC with pvp welfare & badge gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You're correct that Wrath largely became popular in MoP, but the bolded is wrong. The start of free epics was TBC with pvp welfare & badge gear.
    I agree on the pvp front, that was easy to get. However, I don't know about your server but if you turned up to a pug kara raid with a single pvp item, you were out straight away. Also, with the cap being 75k it did take a fair bit of grinding to get a single piece.

I disagree with the badge gear in TBC. It was easier to join a raid and clear kara / maggys / gruuls than to grind out badges. That badge stuff was powerful and introduce in later patches of TBC. But it needed a obscene amount of badges to get, keeping in mind dungeons gave 3-4 with no completion bonus (Bar the daily quest). Also take into account the mentality / gear of the average pug group in those dungeon difficulties often resulted in half runs etc. As for the badge gear in Q'D, those vendors were for the elite.

I will say though, MGT normal and hc was overkill on the free epics

Where in Wrath, we had 80 epic vendors from patch one, an easier badge system in place. And a guaranteed epic from the HC boss's in hc, in every single one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have never been a fan of WotLK. To me it's the start of the current system we have now: more accessibility and reduced difficulty.

1. Destroyed the image of naxxramas.
    2. Introduced welfare since the beginning of the expansion.
    3. Added time gated content and raids. To put this into contex, argent tournament and ToC + ICC. In ToC you had 1 boss per week in normal difficulty. ICC had 1 wing per week in normal difficulty. You needed to clear normal to get to heroic.
    4. Started the multiple difficulty problem.
    5. Introduced dungeon finder.
    6. Introduced Cross-server

For me, WotlK only had the lore to support it. Ulduar was a fresh idea but it was scrapped for the new difficulty system (ulduar on itself was also basically 2 difficulty raid, per raid size).

Am I hyped with Legion? No matter what Blizzard implements, i'm going to continue playing my game. My game in Legion is looking great, so I am hyped for it.

Regarding Sylvanas this is for me what totally blows, becuase she is getting spotlight at expense of other character, which is poor story development, if you ditch previous Warchief without giving him any meaningful role.

And so far I only liked changed animations. I'm not that much into nelves nor demons. I dislike whole idea behind class halls and artifacts. Also I don't like that they completely dropped new character models while they're in serious need of being finished.

So I voted "Probably no".

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I will say though, MGT normal and hc was overkill on the free epics

Where in Wrath, we had 80 epic vendors from patch one, an easier badge system in place. And a guaranteed epic from the HC boss's in hc, in every single one.
    MGT normal probably should have been blues, but HC deserved to drop epics. The untankable "5v5 PVP" council boss should have dropped legendaries. As for Wrath, that did not add the epic at the end of heroics, it was in from TBC. And did you forget that they nerfed the badges in Wrath by putting them on a tiered system, and you could only get current-tier quality badges by either doing the current raid and "So and so must die!" quest, or slow dripped from a single daily dungeon+one weekly boss in VoA?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Probably. The pre Cata expansions are my least favorite. I keep flip flopping on which is worse between TBC or WotLK. TBC was to disjointed and really made no sense and I never liked nkre cared about Arthas or his story from W3 so WotLK was a big downer for me. I love the the Burning Legion and the threat they pose and the lore behind them so Legion is poised to overthrow MoP as the best expansion for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    best opening cinematic? i don't think so
    That goes to MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    LK has one big advantage that cannot be topped: Arthas was the last big unresolved thread from WC3, and everyone wanted to see him dead. Legion's biggest flaw right now is that we're not exactly sure who the big villain at the end will be.
    Why does it matter if we know who the big bad is before the story develops enough to need to know? I mean if TV producers told you the plot twists or the resolution to cliffhangers before the episodes aired you'd all be crying about spoilers. Let the story develop and let us be surprised.

Somone a few days ago was complaining about Grom mot being the end boss eventhough we were told he was going to be. Then mentioned how Gul'dan was built up only to have Archimonde show up. While the Grom thing wasn't handled exactly as I would have liked it was a nice twist to have Gul'dan take over and bring the Legion to us.

I thought the misdirection by Blizzard from the 2013 Blizzcon was brilliant even if it wasn't written well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Looks like you went against my suggestion as to what not to bring into the comparison.

Subs are the amount of people willing to pay for the game. Higher subs = higher amount of people willing to pay. That's the closest we'll ever be able to get to determine what was better. Let's not be stupid and think that "I liked pandas" vs "I don't like pandas" will amount to anything constructive or intelligent.
    Popularity does not eaual quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    It will not and i can tell you why. WOTLK (and everything prior)
    You mean the one event that happened for TBC? Not like there were many expansions before WotLK.

Deleted
    As a game, probably. Will it give me a better gaming experience? It most likely won't, no matter how well designed.