Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    She hasn't got a point. At least not a valid one.
    Well she does - Your are both employed to work 8 hours - every minute she gets of for personal reasons is an minute you have to work extra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    She strikes me as the type that no man wants to impregnate tbh

Guess at 38 she realized this too and decided to try to get the days of anyways.
    Lets give her 5 more years and she will try to establish a way to leave the workplace before hours, because she has to take care of her "kids" ... cats.

So she wants more vacation? Who doesn't?

Relevant article about crunch being turned into an expectation (in videogames) : http://kotaku.com/game-industry-vete...efe-1771434170

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    She got a point in a way. not on the maternity leave, but on being expected to do more hours than people with kids. Actually that's a punchline I tell to my managers when I'm expected for no reason to do more hours : « Sorry, I have kids, house, you know, I must go. » Indeed they know I don't have kids, but what can you tell ?
    Having no kids is a choice (coming with chosen benefits for one's own life) but not one for a society to survive. She made an self-centered choice and she has to live with it instead of pulling the entitlement card. Some choices you make in your life don't yield the same benefits and some types of unfairness are just imagined. Comes naturally with immature "me, Me, ME, MEEEEEE!" people of this generation who don't know the term "greater picture".
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    how so ? Do you feel it's normal to do overwork when you don't have any "social" excuse ?
    Children are not an excuse. They are human beings in need of care. I don't know where this woman gets off comparing the demands of parenthood to needing drinking time with her fat, ugly friends.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Having no kids is a choice (coming with chosen benefits for one's own life) but not one for a society to survive. She made an self-centered choice and she has to live with it instead of pulling the entitlement card. Some choices you make in your life don't yield the same benefits and some types of unfairness are just imagined. Comes naturally with immature "me, Me, ME, MEEEEEE!" people of this generation who don't know the term "greater picture".
    So its a self-centered choice to not have kids? You are a fucking moron.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-29 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have a sick leave despite thankfully being completely healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    So its a self-centered choice to not have kids? You are a fucking moron.
    Technically it is- not having kids means deciding that you are going to have more of your time for yourself, more of your money for yourself, and that you won't take on a significant responsibility. Yes, you can argue that either decision is self-centered (in a different manner), but having kids comes at great personal sacrifice- not having kids usually doesn't.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2016-04-29 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Or. And I need you to stay with me on this. They just aren't lazy coworkers.

What is it with painting every single woman who's not awful at their job as "trying to prove themselves"?
    Their own words, for those I've spoken with in my example, but I don't want to generalize.
    Mother pus bucket!

So if I financially can't afford kids. I should just go pop out a few so you can help pay for their up bringing and care through through taxes? Or Maybe I have a genetic disease that is horrible and will be passed on to the next generation. Its selfish for me to not want the next generation to have to deal with it?

Its selfish that I shouldn't have kids because it will kill me in childbirth? Their are those out there they just can't have kids.

What about the asshats out there that are horrible parents. And no matter what they will raise a criminal. How does that help or better society?

Geesh. Just because you can get buns in the oven doesn't mean you should.

Woman can take vacation time or "sick" time. Hell just quit job 1 and take 6 weeks before you can start job 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So if I financially can't afford kids. I should just go pop out a few so you can help pay for their up bringing and care through through taxes? Or Maybe I have a genetic disease that is horrible and will be passed on to the next generation. Its selfish for me to not want the next generation to have to deal with it?

Its selfish that I shouldn't have kids because it will kill me in childbirth? Their are those out there they just can't have kids.

What about the asshats out there that are horrible parents. And no matter what they will raise a criminal. How does that help or better society?

Woman can take vacation time or "sick" time. Hell just quit job 1 and take 6 weeks before you can start job 2.
    There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have kids, but when you do have kids your life is more "child-centered." When you don't, your life is more "self-centered." I don't think there needs to be a negative connotation to "self-centered" in this context.

Deleted
    Her new term "meternity" is all about "me, Me, ME, MEEEEE!".
    She wants a benefit, which is only intended for women, who have to take care of their infants.
    The greatest benefit is, that the employer is obligated to give a woman coming from her maternity leave her old job back.
    (And other social benefits, which I hope she didn't get for her "meternity". Because if she did, then this would be a good reason to go apeshit on her.)
    During this time a company suffers a financial loss, because new personnel has to be hired and trained.
    So in the end nothing new, if a self-entitled woman tries her best to find a new way to reap benefits, which she hasn't earned.
    Last edited by mmocdec169f0c2; 2016-04-29 at 12:01 PM.

This is the only way this fat cow would ever get maternity leave.

Women are the new black.

If anyone needed more prof that women are causing the fall of humanity other than eve listening to the snake and earing the forbidden fruit, there you have it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Being selfish would imply looking out for your own benefits even if you could afford circumstances which are not just beneficial to you. Suffice to say if someone is financially strapped he doesn't fall into that category since his own situation leaves him no choice for other circumstances. Similar is true for a fatal genetic disease. There are a lot of examples, so why pulling the extreme ones which were never supposed to be included. A lot people these days do make a conscious choice. Some sacrifice their life for a career and others doing the same suddenly become late-bloomers. Men are afraid of women going to pull the divorce card etc.

However it's a fact that kids mean at least stable population basis for the future. So it is logical that not having kids means you won't contribute and if many chose to do the same then just look at my own country, the ones with lowest birth rate in the world which already feels the sting of lacking trainees in some parts of the economy. Your mistake was to connect the two statements, the former with the one saying she made a self-centered choice. In fact it is true for her case and even worse she belongs to the kind who thinks getting kids is a vice of the poor whilst hers is a virtue, one that entitles her to odd treatments.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    If anyone needed more prof that women are causing the fall of humanity other than eve listening to the snake and earing the forbidden fruit, there you have it
    This is a single woman being stupid. If I can find an example of a single man being stupid, is it proof that men are causing the fall of humanity?

Deleted
    It's funny how you can sometimes already see by a persons appearance and the look in their eyes that they are the annoying type.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Thanks for linking an article, then copy and pasting the contents of the article in the thread without actually giving any input of your own.

It's great to see that MMO-C is becoming a shitty news repost site.
    Are you new here?

OT: This is a great read to start my morning, thanks for posting. I love reading all about self entitled people in the AM!