Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    1) Holy Mother of orc boobs, Garona's right tit.

2) I know that it's Travis, but he really looks like Dominic in this shot.
    1) Didn't notice at first. thank you

2) I think the same here! I don't know what it is... the hair and beard looks more like Dominic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Ouch.
    That sucks.

Also there is a guy on NeoGaf who is claiming he saw the trailer before Civil War: http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.ph...postcount=1133

Deleted
    Went to see Civil War in the UK last night, no PAX trailer, just the same one we've been getting for months now, the "sneak peek" trailer with some comments from the cast cut in with some scenes from the film.

All I want is for them to release it online.

Deleted
    New Warcraft trailer! Oh, wait...

Here the link to the genius who posted this pic
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546...2281036695706/

10+ Year Old Account
    Clever.

*Clapping with Duncan's small rubber finger hands*

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftIT/statu...03177854668800

The spot is quite old, but in this one we have a second more of the gryphon hitting the random orc, and... I don't know, to me it's hilarious lol

- - - Updated - - -

Did we already watch this?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for people to watch Warcraft movie so I can stop repeating everytime about Garona not being a female orc lol

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/stat...16268998967296

Not Warcraft related but topic is kinda related; FOX is cancelling their Comic Con panel because they are afraid people will record their trailers

http://l.gamespot.com/1pMLhcg

They could also just upload it online themselve instead lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Not Warcraft related but topic is kinda related; FOX is cancelling their Comic Con panel because they are afraid people will record their trailers

If the test footage for Deadpool hadn't leaked, the movie wouldn't have been made. They shouldn't fear the Internet this much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

A friend of mine who always goes to the ComicCon says there is almost zero control when you enter the various halls. They don't take your phones etc.
    I mean, with this kind of "control", I don't get why the companies are always shocked by the leaks

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    A friend of mine who always goes to the ComicCon says there is almost zero control when you enter the various halls. They don't take your phones etc.
    I mean, with this kind of "control", I don't get why the companies are always shocked by the leaks
    I don't understand their fear, do they think people won't go to freaking ComicCon if there is no exclusive footage? Do they believe that releasing the trailer online the very second they show it on stage will make people suddenly stand up and go home to watch it on youtube or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    That's the point though. The Frostwolves are the ONLY orcs that are being shown in a
    sympathetic light. So not including the blood drinking scene doesn't hamper the intended
    sympathy toward the other orcs because it's not even supposed to be there.

Would it make for a great scene that would show the differences between the characters?
    Yes. Would it screw up the narrative in a similar way to how the lore is screwed up there?
    Yes. Does the Horde itself lose much of an evil streak leaving out this scene while still having
    them bloodthirsty monsters altered by strange fel magics? I don't really think so.
    and thats why I think it so pivotal to the orcs and why they they even come to Azeroth. It's not just for supplies. They were driven there by demons and to accomplish that goal they willingly drank demon blood. I think it's being left out just to put a different spin on orcs and accomplish that BS "see the orcs in a different light". That could be accomplished with frostwolves and the established lore left in to show just how different the frostwolves were. Seems Jones and company are not good enough to pull that off after all.

You think that they are going to alter one of the most iconic designs and scenes in all of
    Warcraft and then lie aboot it? Reeaally?
    You bet your ass I do. Omission is just as good as lying in this case given the profound impact the demons had on the orcs and why they came to Azeroth. I also think big business, which hollywood is, worked itself into the movie to make sure it gets accepted into China and drinking demon blood wont pass the cut there so they ommitted it for that reason as well but you will never hear that either. Shameful omission of an important orc moment that changes and defines their entire culture because of business and presentation of what they want to market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't really understand this hilarious complain about the blood. Seriously, is ridiculous. The people who accept Gul'dan's power still does so willingly, they know this gives them the strength to achieve great things and fight whatever is there awaiting them on Azeroth. On the other hand, Durotan is suspicious, he's ready to lower himself to compromises in order to save his people but he's not really trusting of Gul'dan and his promises. In a nutshell, is the same bloody shit.

The blood is a very trivial matter that can be explored later. Blowing out of proportion its importance and pretend they left it out due to some shady agenda is a pretentious complain without any basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Ouch.
    Can't really say I'm surprised. I mean, the source material was good but I just didn't understand the hype for the movie itself. It seemed more like they rode the Warcraft/Assassin's Creed hype regarding the whole "breaking videogame curse" affair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't really understand this hilarious complain about the blood. Seriously, is ridiculous. The people who accept Gul'dan's power still does so willingly, they know this gives them the strength to achieve great things and fight whatever is there awaiting them on Azeroth. On the other hand, Durotan is suspicious, he's ready to lower himself to compromises in order to save his people but he's not really trusting of Gul'dan and his promises. In a nutshell, is the same bloody shit.

The blood is a very trivial matter that can be explored later. Blowing out of proportion its importance and pretend they left it out due to some shady agenda is a pretentious complain without any basis.
    I think it all comes down to Warcraft demons being magic aliens. We're all used to this, but for most people out there, demons come from hell.

If they don't show Mannoroth but they show the blood drinking, people will ask where did Gul'dan get it from.

If they show Mannoroth, people will ask who is he and what are his motivations.

If they explain what the Burning Legion is, people will understand everything... but then wonder why the hell did the movie waste time introducing a faction that doesn't play a role in the movie.

Mannoroth and the demon blood are background, not plot. The movie is already two hours long without showing them.

The Warcraft universe is too big to explain how everything is connected while also telling an entertaining story.

Can't really say I'm surprised. I mean, the source material was good but I just didn't understand the hype for the movie itself. It seemed more like they rode the Warcraft/Assassin's Creed hype regarding the whole "breaking videogame curse" affair.
    I think they tried to stick too much to the sort of story the games have when they should have taken the characters and visual style and built a space opera with them. It would almost be a Rocket Raccoon movie, but it would be better than what they've done.

The best thing a movie can take from a videogame is the universe, then the characters, never the story. Because the story, and to a lesser extent the characters, are built around the gameplay, the universe is not.

Warcraft is retelling the First War, taking only the universe and the characters and mostly building its own story with them, which is why it has a chance. It helps that the story they're adapting has mostly been written in books and doesn't come from the original RTS.

I don't know what Assassin's Creed is doing, but the universe is simple enough (well, except for the ancient aliens thing) for it to have some possibilities. If they focus more on the talking and less on the stealthy-stabby-stabby, it could even be a decent film, a medieval spy movie.

Angry Birds is sort of doing its own thing and taking only the visuals, it could actually be fairly enjoyable, if a bit on the childish side.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-04-29 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    People are probably complaining about it because it's a very symbolic, powerful and interesting scene. And I can somewhat sympathize with that - it would be amazing to see something like the WoD cinematic on the big screen. However, as has been said already, the demons are already inconsequential at that point and they couldn't just show the blood drinking - they'd need to do the Gul'dan/Ner'zhul backstories, and then that'd need a bit of Buring Legion backstory, and, you know, half of the film would end up being Rise of the Horde.

SNIP...
    Oh I think you are vastly underselling it's importance to the orcs and how it defines them for the years to come. Not only their motives for coming through the portal to start with but the underlying goal of a greater evil that controls them. IT's not gul'dans power that motivates orcs at that point its demons and demons blood. Sure there is a group that is suspicious and makes a different choice which is all the more defining for them.

That doesn't require hours of setup time in the movie.

The blood is much more important for what it does to orcs than down playing it as some BS fel magic.

If you don't think there is a basis for keeping drinking demon blood out because of China then you haven't done enough reading on how movies are scrutinized there. How many movies they allow a year nor how important it is for a wow movie to get released there no matter what they need to change to accomplish it. It's more than a shady adgenda, it was a goal from the start to make sure at all costs this movie gets released in China. Damn the lore and leave out anything to make sure that happens. On that you can bet the farm.

Deleted
    Do you think that the fact Duncan never answers to the people who ask if the Lion Pride's Inn bts music is from Djawadi's score means that it's actually from Djawadi's score?

So one of my friends went and watch Captain America last night and I asked him if they showed a Warcraft trailer. This was what he told me today:

Sooo... yay? XD