Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reads to me like textbook projection. The author is taking time off, based on her opinion that others are lying about needing time for their children, and she wants to pretend they're just as selfish and unprofessional as she is herself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't had much personal experience with female anatomy.
    Why do you always feel the need to attack people in your posts, just reading trough 4 pages and you are calling people fat, virgins and other shit.
    Anyway, seeing I feel the need to do the same to you:
    Not sure if you just feel better then anyone because you won against your alcoholic past or you are just a mean person in general to everyone that has different views then you.

I really wish you would steal someone's lighter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    we are, since we were stupid enough to trust a women
    I am sensing some unresolved hostility issues and a tenuous grip on reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Always funny watching people who don't have kids thinking that I'm going home to party or something. I wish dealing with my kids was the equivalent of taking my friend out for drinks. TBH, the basis for her train of thought is bereft of thought and understanding of the realities of others around her. And, the reality is that while I did leave work early to deal with my kids, I always end up working from home remotely to get more work done...a fact that idiots that Meghann Foye completely miss (I'm amazed at how many people don't pick up on the fact that many parents are sending out e-mails and saving work between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am on many days).

That said, the concept isn't necessarily a bad one. In many current work environments, people are working 50 to 60 hour work weeks (typically without getting paid overtime), and a few days or a week of vacation here and there doesn't really promote recovery. It actually might be a good idea to have extended leave of a couple months every few years...and, mathematically, paying for such leaves every 2 years only accounts for about 1/4 of the unpaid overtime I work. So, from that perspective, many of us have actually earned such a thing if corporations actually cared about their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't had much personal experience with female anatomy.
    Not enough alcohol to lower my standards that far, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Nice bit of promotion for that book she's been working on.
    Of course, why else would it be a news story?

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s something about saying “I need to go pick up my child” as a reason to leave the office on time that has far more gravitas than, say, “My best friend just got ghosted by her OkCupid date and needs a margarita” — but both sides are valid.
    No, no they really aren't! xD

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Of course, why else would it be a news story?
    Heh heh... "news". How come my bullshit opinions are never news? I call shenanigans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Why do you always feel the need to attack people in your posts, just reading trough 4 pages and you are calling people fat, virgins and other shit.
    Anyway, seeing I feel the need to do the same to you:
    Not sure if you just feel better then anyone because you won against your alcoholic past or you are just a mean person in general to everyone that has different views then you.

I really wish you would steal someone's lighter again.
    That's how I see this guy (In that vid from 7:45):

7+ Year Old Account
    I identify as an 80 year old transgendered disabled woman. Who immigrated from Syria. I want money to start a business. A new identify. No taxes paid for 6 years, disability, welfare and section 8 housing in a million dollar townhouse like that woman in Chicago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Please find some evidence of me criticising someones size or sexual status out of turn. Thanks sweetpea.

What a fucking retard.

there is no other word for it. Maternity is NOT vacation. it is a SLOG getting used to this new human in your life that just cries and poops over and over..

she just wants 3 months off.. and honestly, there IS a difference between needing to pick your kids up, and wanting to duck out to have a drink with a friend. the child relies on you. its your duty to care for it. your friend is a grown ass adult who can wait for you to get off work.

honestly, the entitled dickhead...

and I also like the 'and to a lesser extent men..' why a lesser extent? equalityyyy
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Yes we do if you plan.
    true but that me time is not maternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    What a fucking retard.

there is no other word for it. Maternity is NOT vacation. it is a SLOG getting used to this new human in your life that just cries and poops over and over..

she just wants 3 months off.. and honestly, there IS a difference between needing to pick your kids up, and wanting to duck out to have a drink with a friend. the child relies on you. its your duty to care for it. your friend is a grown ass adult who can wait for you to get off work.

honestly, the entitled dickhead...

and I also like the 'and to a lesser extent men..' why a lesser extent? equalityyyy
    It honestly sounds like she's watched one too many rom coms, idolizing Kate Hudson's dimwit characters. "Oh no my ugly loser friend got dumped again, better blow off work and get wasted cause priorities!"
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    It honestly sounds like she's watched one too many rom coms, idolizing Kate Hudson's dimwit characters. "Oh no my ugly loser friend got dumped again, better blow off work and get wasted cause priorities!"
    yeah exactly. maybe across from her she will finally meet her Matthew Macononoheyhey
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I don't think she knows what bread looks like.
    Only the bread she's growing in her creases.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Oh god the entitlement. What does she think men have been doing this entire time? What does she think men do when their female co-workers start leaving to have kids? They don't get to leave the office when they want either, because somebody has to do the work.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-04-29 at 01:46 PM.

I agree with her. Just wouldn't word it such. But I think people should be able to take leave in order to deal with their personal life.

People with kids aren't the only people who have shit to deal with; in fact it's always the one that doesn't have kids who ends up taking care of grandma and grandpa when they get older.

Either way, this whole "live to work" mentality society has become absorbed in is fucked up. Like beyond fucked up. People are literally cheering for the idea of being nothing but cattle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh god the entitlement. What does she think men have been doing this entire time? What does she think men do when their female co-workers start leaving to have kids?
    You obviously didn't read the part of the article where she says men should be able to do so as well. Way to not read the article.

She thinks parenthood affords you flexibility. I can't take anything she says seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You obviously didn't read the part of the article where she says men should be able to do so as well. Way to not read the article.
    A nice fantasy, but not realistic. Essentially "I should work shorter days and get more holidays because I want it"... well, OK, find another job then that suits you better. As long as maternity leave is a thing (and it should remain so), someone has to pick up the slack by working harder/longer. They don't get to have extra holidays outside of that just because they want them.